Guest allan1990

November in Siem Reap

Guest allan1990

Hi gentlemen

Now it is a month away from my trip to Asia and Siem Reap is going to be my first stop. I’ll depart from Houston on Nov 17 and arrive on Nov 19 at 6pm, and I’ll stay until Nov 22. I hired a private tour guide will take me to the temples during the day, but I’d definitely welcome some company in the evening. I’ll be staying at Tito Suite Residence (3 mins walk to Pub Street) so please hit me up if you are in town during my visit.

Also, this is my first time to Cambodia, unlike in Thailand, I found there are very limited choices on gay massage. Is men’s resort overall the best in town? Is looking for outcall message on gay apps a good and economical solution in Siem Reap? What’s the price range for both ST and LT? Or what else is the best way to hook up with the local guys? Educate me, please :)

you can use USD in Cambodia so no need to change money but make sure your notes are newish as damaged may not be accepted 

I concur with Vinapu, I had a problem with US notes supplied by Bangkok Bank in Thailand being not pristine and being unacceptable.

Damaged also includes any writing or marking on the notes.

Enjoy Siem Reap and Ankor, the temples are mind blowing, I also enjoyed a trip to the Fisherman's Village I found it to be very atmospheric

If you withdraw $100 from an atm, you get a $100 note, which is very hard to use in the shops.

Some ATMs, for example those run by ABA, let you choose the denomination (and even the currency, you could choose riel). That failing, simply withdraw $90 instead of $100 (or $490 instead of $500).

Tito Suite Residence looks really nice.  Do you know how gay friendly it is??

Also, for massage you ght check out the guys at H&DB (Heaven and Dream Boys) bar and massage.  It is recently opened and looks real nice.  The guys look good.  You can see the at:  http://dreamboysgroup.com/our-staff/

Please report on your hotel and any bars and massage places you may experience.

For getting rid of notes, almost every shop in Cambodia will ask if you have something smaller, even if you're in a large supermarket & they have plenty of change.

So:

1  When you are in a large supermarket, or some other good sized business, stand your ground, say sorry, no & break a large note.

2  Pay large bills with the large notes

3  Make sure all your big notes are pristine.   Remember they do not have the fed to replace worn USD notes.

Massage depends on your expectations.   If hand relief will be OK, any mixed massage place is a good bet, if you're making eye contact with & picking your preferred male masseur before going in.    

For more than that, you will need guidance from other members.

Getting someone back to your hotel room is nowhere near as easy as it was 10 years ago, most probably since all the Cambodian hookers are working in Jomtien.     

Guest allan1990

Tito Suite Residence looks really nice.  Do you know how gay friendly it is??

Also, for massage you ght check out the guys at H&DB (Heaven and Dream Boys) bar and massage.  It is recently opened and looks real nice.  The guys look good.  You can see the at:  http://dreamboysgroup.com/our-staff/

I just found this hotel on booking.com that has an overall very high review score of 9.5 with a reasonable price of 180 USD for three nights. Didn’t see any comments about gay-friendly but I’m not really worried about it.

Wow… this place looks stunning and they even put the pics of the masseurs on their web, I’m definitely going!

Getting someone back to your hotel room is nowhere near as easy as it was 10 years ago, most probably since all the Cambodian hookers are working in Jomtien.     

Sad for me, I have never even heard of it before and should have done more research before booking my tickets, maybe next time

Sad for me, I have never even heard of it before and should have done more research before booking my tickets, maybe next time

Well, since you are committed to the trip, don't give up on the idea.  Try the phone apps, gay bars, sauna etc & if none of that works, well you might just have to be prepared to accept a massage instead. 

Guest allan1990

Relax , you will be fine, willing boys are still there just keep your eyes open and visit places already mentioned

Just found Linga bar is recently closed. I thought Siem Reap is thriving as a new gay destination but seems like it's the contrary... but this trip is not only for getting laid, so I'm sure I'll enjoy my stay there whatsoever :)

Well, since you are committed to the trip, don't give up on the idea.  Try the phone apps, gay bars, sauna etc & if none of that works, well you might just have to be prepared to accept a massage instead. 

That’s totally OK. What’s the point if it’s even harder to find money boys than to hook up with some other guys with no cost? :lol:

If ur face is like your profile and that is your birth year on your username, you are one hell of a guy and dont think you'd have a problem picking up gay guy there.

Yep, 27 yo Asian guy here from Texas and the profile picture is me. Thanks and I'm counting on that ;)

. I thought Siem Reap is thriving as a new gay destination but seems like it's the contrary... but this trip is not only for getting laid,

First and foremost Siem Reap is a seat on one of most impressive ruins in the whole world and that the reason you go there.

Having somebody to cling to at night is just a bonus, as spoon said , you will not have a problem to meet one / or many /

the apps are pretty popular there. I would guess you'd have no problem meeting guys that way

I went to one of the gay massage places there on my last visit. No choice of masseur and not really the greatest experience.

I just changed $100 bills at the hotel I was staying at. They were much more indulgent about it than they probably should have been, but it was the hotel with the best service I have ever experienced (Shinta Mani Club). I'd say just take smaller notes with you.

It is a great place. Check out the Phare circus while you are there. It's a fun show. 

I just found this hotel on booking.com that has an overall very high review score of 9.5 with a reasonable price of 180 USD for three nights. Didn’t see any comments about gay-friendly but I’m not really worried about it.

Wow… this place looks stunning and they even put the pics of the masseurs on their web, I’m definitely going!

A lot of hotels and some guesthouses in Siem Reap, has this ridiculous policy where you can't bring a guest/guests to your room to stay over, especially if they are Cambodian men, because the hotel management thought that you were bringing in a male prostitute/prostitutes. Even though, the guy you brought in was just a casual hook up, it is still problematic. However, I don't think it would be hard for you to meet and have some fun with the local men who are after the same thing.