reader

The legendary Madrid

I almost got heart attack looking at forum and seeing tittle 'The legendary Madrid ', for some reason I thought it to be abbreviation with full tittle like " the legendary Madrid  closing next Sunday " or something .

With great relief few seconds later I found I was wrong.

Yes, I confirm I'm fan of the place and it pizzas, particularly 'white spinach ' variety ( spinach with cheese topping ), since Christian introduced it to me few years ago , no trip to Thailand goes without visiting it at least twice.

Last month it provided not only meal but also shelter as I reached it just in time heavens opened with deluge, conveniently at lunch time.

Can't comment on good value part with medium pizza costing 265 baht for simple reason, this is only place in the ENTIRE world I like pizza from so no idea about it's cost in BKK elsewhere. I gladly pay whatever they want and can't wait for repeat.

I have nothing of it's fame as spy den and place where clandestine operation of bombing Laos were planned as this part brings shame on all involved and disgrace to otherwise great American nation. ( for you youngsters, Laos was neutral during Vietnam war and it's bombing was illegal and hidden from American public) but it's true it has some old times atmosphere with old fashioned bar and old pictures on the walls.

Genius loci of place is still well and alive, when we were dining with Christian there and talking , you guessed rightly about the boys, serving lady was clearly eavesdropping on us but since we did not mention anything compromising we let her have her fun.    

I almost got heart attack looking at forum and seeing tittle 'The legendary Madrid ', for some reason I thought it to be abbreviation with full tittle like " the legendary Madrid  closing next Sunday " or something .

With great relief few seconds later I found I was wrong.

I would never get a heart attack over the fate of a restaurant, no matter how tasty their pizzas, believe me!  Thank God you survived.

But I was somewhat disappointed to see that this thread "The legendary Madrid" did not deal with the gay life in the capital of Spain, a very gay friendly nation.  I still have to visit Madrid, I have only been in Barcelona and the city Sidges on the Mediterranean, a very gay-ish resort.  I know nothing about gogo boys there, but the gays I met there were very nice. Latinos are my second choice after Asians.

I am hungry for nice young Spanish boys like one sees in their parades and saunas, so "Madrid" brought a different image to mind.

So instead of trying your best to take this thread off topic, why don't you post a trip report about Madrid the city.  Or post pics of nice, young Spanish boys in photos forum. Maybe that will succeed in sating your hunger.

Can't comment on good value part with medium pizza costing 265 baht for simple reason, this is only place in the ENTIRE world I like pizza from so no idea about it's cost in BKK elsewhere. I gladly pay whatever they want and can't wait for repeat.

I consider it fairly priced because you're getting quality ingredients, almost all of which (except veggies) have to be imported (cheese, pureed sauce, flour, olive oil).  In Bangkok, there's no better place to enjoy thin-crust pizza and no place is more convenient--or legendary--than Madrid.

Madrid is always my first drink when I come to Patpong 1.  Then I always go over to eat at another old staple of the PP area, and that is LeBouchon on Patpong 2.  Down on the left past the Pink Panther bar.  Very good French food, in a very comfortable atmosphere.