DivineMadman

Sonata Spa and Eden Spa in Kowloon

A quick report on a couple of massage spots in Kowloon.  I recommend both spots, but highly recommend booking ahead of time as neither is particularly large and I think I was lucky that they were able to accommodate me as a walk-in.

Sonata Spa http://www.sonatahk.com/?page_id=16276

I showed up about 7:00 on a Friday night with no appointment.  They were able to accommodate (just barely), but having a masseur come over from their other branch, nearby Eden Spa.  $HK 398 for a 90 minute "Chinese massage".  Masseur was assigned.  A 24-year old very handsome guy with a tight worked out body and a very nice personality (but almost no english to speak of).  Shower alone before and after.  Massage was good if a bit painful as the masseur decided to take on the task of working on the knots in my back.  A simple but nicely done happy ending.  masseur clothed throughout.  Facilities are nice but the massage table (with hole for face) is very small for my 187cm height.  A slight ding for the shower not really having hot water, but I think it was a temporary issue.  Place is easy to find and the map on the website is accurate.   

Eden Spa  http://www.edenspa.com.hk

On a Sunday I stopped by about 6:00 and they were able to accommodate me for a 90 minute massage (but not the 2 hour massage I wanted -- because the massage rooms were already booked).  90 minutes $HK 398.  Masseur assigned.  28 year old tall guy.  Nice gym body.  Facilities are perhaps a tad bit nicer than their sister branch Sonata.  Massage was very good.  2/3rds of the way through masseur asked me if I "want body to body - 500."  I think I could talked him down to 400 but didn't care, so I said yes.  (I think 300-500 is about the right tip range).  He promptly stripped down and coated me with oil and began the full body-to-body massage.  And yes he was very happy to see me.  Happy ending and all the usual.  Shower alone before and after.  Overall very nice job and highly recommend.  Place is easy to find right near Jordan station and the map on the website is accurate.

On my most-recent trips to HK I've gone to Aloha Spa (also in Kowloon, very central location). Should book ahead. I like them because they will communicate by email. When I am only in HK for a day between flights that's the easiest way for me to communicate rather than trying to get other comm apps to work.

Anyway, they always tell me who is working, I check their stats on the website and make a selection. On my trip last month I wish I had made a different selection. The guy was nice enough, nice body, strong, friendly enough. Massage was fairly punishing. As above, he found the knots in my back and decided it was his mission to make them hurt as much as possible. I had to ask him a couple of times to use less pressure. I showered alone before but we showered together after which was nice since I had a lot of oil on my back. Good happy ending. I wished I had chosen one of the boy next door types instead...I saw one of them going into a room when I arrived and was quite smitten, but I picked the muscular guy this time.