reader

Don Mueang traffic woes

From Bangkok Post

Travellers using Don Mueang have been advised to spare additional time to go to the airport due to the construction of the bridge linking the compound.

Immigration Bureau spokesman Pol Col Cherngron Rimphadee on Tuesday advised travellers to allow more time than usual, or around three hours, to get to the airport.

The advisory came after traffic congestion on Vibhavadi Rangsit Road outside Don Mueang since the closure of the bridge on Monday for renovation. The bridge will be demolished and a new one will be built in a nearby location to end the traffic bottleneck on the area.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1356387/don-mueang-users-warned-of-traffic-congestion

If the traffic is really that bad, I may well have to use the train next time.  

My recent policy has been to take the skytrain, then get on a #29 bus.    I trust them more than SRT, even if I have not yet had a bad experience with late SRT trains.