aussie_

Superstar Esan (Isaan) club South Pattaya

Recently i attended the new Isaan club located on third road near the Sophon market. If you live at My View condo on Soi 17 you probably can hear it from your room. The signage is all in Thai script so i asked about the name of the club and was told "Superstar Esan" and another translation was "Artists of the east".

The shed type building is huge and had good air-conditioning although as usual smoking is allowed. I arrived with a large group of mostly Jomtiem Complex bar boys about 100am and left when it closed at 530am. Entertainment wise the place is a clone of Tum Nan Kon Esan at North Pattaya but much more convenient for the Jomtiem and Sunee bar boys. A late night and not for everyone but these clubs are a lot of fun especially if you go with a group of Thai boys.

Recently i attended the new Isaan club located on third road near the Sophon market. If you live at My View condo on Soi 17 you probably can hear it from your room. The signage is all in Thai script so i asked about the name of the club and was told "Superstar Esan" and another translation was "Artists of the east".

Thanks for the alert aussie_ I'm always on the lookout for Issan/Live music places, especially closer to TukCom area, but never heard of this place. How 'new' do you know/think it is?  I chat to many of the lads about clubs/Isaan style venues and no mention of it on my last visit Sept/oct. I often ask and am told about the open air Morlam shows on 3rd road, and I wonder if it's been mentioned but I've just assumed it's the large open-air Issan shows they're referring to.

Is it about the same size and lay-out of Tam Nan Issan? I'll certainly be checking out on next trip in February that's for sure. While they are great places to go/fun with a crowd, I am happy to go only with bf or take one of the lads I know from a sunee bar if I fancy a change from club/discos/Walking St clubs and bf not up for it.  

'Smiles' over at SGT forum mentioned some time ago there was an Issan music venue actually in Jomtien somwhere, but I never stay long enough in Jomtien Complex to venture out of the complex to try find it.

Thanks for the alert aussie_ I'm always on the lookout for Issan/Live music places, especially closer to TukCom area, but never heard of this place. How 'new' do you know/think it is?  I chat to many of the lads about clubs/Isaan style venues and no mention of it on my last visit Sept/oct. I often ask and am told about the open air Morlam shows on 3rd road, and I wonder if it's been mentioned but I've just assumed it's the large open-air Issan shows they're referring to.

Is it about the same size and lay-out of Tam Nan Issan? I'll certainly be checking out on next trip in February that's for sure. While they are great places to go/fun with a crowd, I am happy to go only with bf or take one of the lads I know from a sunee bar if I fancy a change from club/discos/Walking St clubs and bf not up for it.  

'Smiles' over at SGT forum mentioned some time ago there was an Issan music venue actually in Jomtien somwhere, but I never stay long enough in Jomtien Complex to venture out of the complex to try find it.

I would say the club is very new, probably built in the last few months. In the attached photo the building does not look huge but it seemed bigger than Tam Nan inside and has an industrial look about it. Tum Nan is a favourite of mine but the air conditioning works better in the new club and the boys and everyone else there had a great time, hugging and kissing their friends and dancing like there was no tomorrow. The boys said that after the last morlum concert the new club was totally packed out. I am sure you and your friends will enjoy the club and the location is so very convenient.

I asked one of my Thai friends and they said the sign in the third attached photo translates to "South Pattaya Third Road Esan Music Morlum"

I believe the Morlum concerts at Jomtiem are held on Thep Prasit road up near the market area but i have never been to those concerts.

post-8987-0-87429000-1510234035_thumb.jpg

post-8987-0-62129100-1510234057_thumb.jpg

post-8987-0-71411400-1510234068_thumb.jpg

post-8987-0-37504300-1510234079_thumb.jpg

I would say the club is very new, probably built in the last few months. In the attached photo the building does not look huge but it seemed bigger than Tam Nan inside and has an industrial look about it. Tum Nan is a favourite of mine but the air conditioning works better in the new club and the boys and everyone else there had a great time, hugging and kissing their friends and dancing like there was no tomorrow. The boys said that after the last morlum concert the new club was totally packed out. I am sure you and your friends will enjoy the club and the location is so very convenient.

I asked one of my Thai friends and they said the sign in the third attached photo translates to "South Pattaya Third Road Esan Music Morlum"

I believe the Morlum concerts at Jomtiem are held on Thep Prasit road up near the market area but i have never been to those concerts.

Great update with pics aussie! It's now gone from 'to be checked out on Feb trip' to 'FIRST late-night stop on Feb trip!' That's certainly a decent sized place and it's location....perfect!  Years ago when I first started Pattaya visits I remember an Issan place called 'Chem'-Issan always sounded like 'semizan' I think around that area, or anyway not that far from the Pattayaland Sois back then which also had those tables with the central food bbq unit. Boys loved it there...food, booze and music!

'Smiles' over at SGT forum mentioned some time ago there was an Issan music venue actually in Jomtien somwhere, but I never stay long enough in Jomtien Complex to venture out of the complex to try find it.

It is behind Rompho complex, next to the big barbeque restaurant.

It is behind Rompho complex, next to the big barbeque restaurant.

Thanks for that. I'm staying in Jomtien Complex for a few days as part of February trip, and Rom Pho ain't too far, that'll be worth checking out. The way 'smiles' described it I thought it might be further down Jomtein and quite a way back from Jom 2nd Rd.  

NewAlaan:

Cham issan was on the junction of south Pattaya road and third road.

It is now the open air Tony's Gym.

My understanding is that Tumnan issan is its spiritual successor (same owners). And probably like you it was my first exposure to Morlam.

The new Issan pub in Aussies pics opened around Christmas last year. It seems to have moved 150 meters north since then to their new venue.... We tried to go there twice before but it was sold out due to "superstar" visitor being there...

And YES very difficult to sleep in MyView condo with the noise from there... Luckily I usually only get home around their closing time!

NewAlaan:

Cham issan was on the junction of south Pattaya road and third road.

It is now the open air Tony's Gym.

My understanding is that Tumnan issan is its spiritual successor (same owners). And probably like you it was my first exposure to Morlam.

The new Issan pub in Aussies pics opened around Christmas last year. It seems to have moved 150 meters north since then to their new venue.... We tried to go there twice before but it was sold out due to "superstar" visitor being there...

And YES very difficult to sleep in MyView condo with the noise from there... Luckily I usually only get home around their closing time!

Ha! Thanks for that Cham Issan info colmx, if it was open in 2000 then that's the year I would have first visited, and yes would certainly have been my first Morlam exposure. Trouble with those first couple years visiting Thailand, it was madness and a great deal of the time I had absolutely no idea (nor that bothered) exactly where places were, even in hindsight.

I visited 7th Hole umpteen times and could never have found it myself, all I remember about exiting the place was that it was very bright sunlight, a motocy waiting then back to hotel, and like Cham Issan, getting there was just a case of jumping on some motocy, either boy's or taxi at/near one of the Patayaland 3 sois and being whisked not too far, traffic of no interest so the next thing I would 'notice' would be the entrance to Cham Issan, 7th Hole or Disco Duck (I still have absolutely no recollection of where that place actually was in relation to the Pattaya of now!).

I almost can't believe I wasn't aware of it's existence since start of the year as I've had 3 one month's Thailand visits since then of which Pattaya is usually 2 weeks total over two stays of each visit. I have a horrible feeling I may have been told about a 'new 3rd Morlam!' and really just assumed it referred to the 3rd Rd outdoor Morlam concerts. I should pay more attention! I'll just blame the Leo's, Vodka and Red as I usually do when something is my own fault. 

By chance (invitation by a friend, else I would not have gone, not even known about this place) I went on Fri 10nov2017 about 1 to 2 am. Music level is bearable without earplugs, and real chairs and tables are nice, but unfortunately smoking is allowed. Beware of staff in the toilet, massaging your back (when you wash your hands, it used to be when you pee years ago) and handing you towel and expecting tips. This is a mixed venue, during our stay I didn't see anyone gay, so I left and walked back to Sunee (conveniently close).

Thanks for a very useful information

From the unofficial Facebook page (thai language only), I gather that the place has just opened (November 1st ?).

https://www.facebook.com/pages/%E0%B8%A3%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%A8%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%A5%E0%B8%9B%E0%B8%B4%E0%B8%99%E0%B8%AD%E0%B8%B5%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%99-%E0%B8%9E%E0%B8%B1%E0%B8%97%E0%B8%A2%E0%B8%B2%E0%B9%83%E0%B8%95%E0%B9%89%E0%B8%AA%E0%B8%B2%E0%B8%A23/1136638693136409

Their Facebook account can be found there : https://www.facebook.com/SinlapinEsarn/

There is a concert on the 17th with Monkhaen Kaenkhoon, one of my favorite lookthung singers

(I hope posting the links above does not break any forum rule)

I went there a couple of nights ago to check it out for the first time. I went with some boys. Discos are usually not my thing and this was the same as all the others. Prices surprisingly more cheap then in Tam nan.

The place was packed with people. The percentage of gay boys seemed much lower then in Tam nan where in my visits earlier almost all boys looked gay. Here many manly boys with groups of ladies. Two other farangs in company with ladies.

Went last night. Gut feeling that prices were cheaper than Tonman Esan.

Had “No Smoking” signs all over and delighted to report that no one was smoking inside.

Recommended ...

I have been twice and there was smoking on both occasions, and in both occasions close enough to me that I could smell it which hastened my departure from the venue.