Guest jones

Screw Boys 14th November

But we are not Thai sex workers so whatever we imagine is irrelevant.

Being a human you are genetically related to Thai sex workers.  So it is valid to imagine being in their situation.  What WE imagine is VERY RELEVANT to US, but maybe not to other persons.

You are deluding yourself. When I pay for sex, it's all about me. If he enjoyed sex with me, I wouldn't have to pay him. However in the end sex with someone who is not into me quickly gets boring, that's why I take most (4 out of 5) moneyboys only once and then move on to the next.

I'm in the school of thought that a moneyboy, gay or straight, doesn't care whom he has sex with as long as he gets paid, rare exceptions where the customer is the moneyboy's type excluded.

If I am deluding myself, it is not a bad delusion.  For you being a young person sex is very important to the point that it makes sense to buy it, and as the customer you are entitled for it to be all about you.  As an older man I have less of an urge and from a necessity sex becomes more an occasional treat. This is why I can allow me the luxury of being picky and stay away from partners who do it purely for necessity, interest.  I still manage to go by and have good sex for free, but this may become more difficult as I age and so I'm warming up  :) to the idea of paying for it.  Still then I will make sure that it won't be a bad experience for the worker but something he may find satisfactory, like treating well any handyman who comes to my home to do some work.

Steveboy ,I tend to agree with you to make sex with a straight boy that obviously isn't into it and doing it purely for money seems very odd to me.

I always make sure in advance that the boy is genuinely gay before getting involved with him.

Back to the issue: again confirms my ideas about both Patpong/touristy area and the VNese in particular.

BUT: every rule seems to have an exception- rather nilly-willy found myself with a VNese small guy at a m2m massageshop last week-more due to the regulars all being absent or engaged. They have an exquisite horny Khmer guy there with a boyish shy sexy grim.

This maybe explains a little about the seemingly ever growing nr of VNese here in BKK; it was not a real VN, but also a kind of hilltribe guy, as we all know who also frequent the scene in some places here in TH. He spoke also pretty good Thai, but with a rather funny accent, communication thus was possible. Some of these hilltribes have their own language quite similar to Thai (the Karyen/Shan are known for that). Many hilltribes consider passports/nations etc just a nuisance without much relevance.

Good grief he lacked the schemes that the VNese all seem to display so much and was also much less prudish in being naked as the Thai usually are.

"Many hilltribes consider passports/nations etc just a nuisance without much relevance."

No offense, pong, but I think that's an incredibly dumb and ignorant statement, at least as a broad generalization. Isn't it the other way round, the SEA countries where these hill tribes reside tend to treat them as 2nd class citizens - at best?

Growing up and living their lives in such an environment, one cannot really blame them for adapting to their lot in creative ways, as it were. Even though things are changing, many of them still cannot just apply for an ID card that easily that you could call dealing with the bureaucracy a mere nuisance.

All over the world, entities have been created without the consent of the indigenous people. We in the West have done this for financial and political reasons in the Middle East- the current troubles result from decisions taken by the UK and France in 1917 and subsequently in the 30s and 40s to which the views of the largely "darker-skinned" natives were considered irrelevant., while the "states" that we left behind in Africa were nonsensical ethnically. Again a source of troubles years after the evnt.

The first time I visited Mae Salong about fifteen years ago (it's a settlement of Chinese nationalists who fled after the civil war) I was intrigued to pass a school where military band music and a running commentary by someone or other was being broadcast across the area. I assume  that the idea was to turn ethnic Chinese into good Thais. The hill-tribes are another matter, of course.

"Many hilltribes consider passports/nations etc just a nuisance without much relevance."

No offense, pong, but I think that's an incredibly dumb and ignorant statement, at least as a broad generalization. Isn't it the other way round, the SEA countries where these hill tribes reside tend to treat them as 2nd class citizens - at best?

I'm sorry but pong is absolutely correct in what he says.Borders have been moved around at the whim of colonial powers and the hilltribes really don't give a hoot about passports and the like. You would be amazed at the amount of traffic there is across Thailand's northern and western borders and I don't mean Mae Sai/Tachileik in the case of the northern border. People with full passports find it more convenient to use 'less formal' crossings, where passports are not needed, as they and their ancestors have done for yonks.

That's a very romantic view, unfortunately for many the very real limitations and lack of opportunities due to not having proper citizenship leads to problems they'd probably prefer not to have. I remember having to turn away a job applicant who was allowed to study at a Thai college under a special program, but wasn't granted Thai citizenship (yet?). From a legal point of view, that meant that he couldn't be employed in any other province than his home province. Tell him and others in the same situation that passports are not needed because their ancestors didn't need them or other such drivel (from the comfort zone of holding not just a passport, but a first world one, obviously!). Who cares, maybe they can have a career in opium farming instead, who needs hill tribe software engineers after all...

Back to the issue: again confirms my ideas about both Patpong/touristy area and the VNese in particular.

BUT: every rule seems to have an exception- rather nilly-willy found myself with a VNese small guy at a m2m massageshop last week-more due to the regulars all being absent or engaged. They have an exquisite horny Khmer guy there with a boyish shy sexy grim.

Where was this? I want to go meet the Khmer guy...

That's a very romantic view, unfortunately for many the very real limitations and lack of opportunities due to not having proper citizenship leads to problems they'd probably prefer not to have. 

Of course they would prefer not to have these problems. On the other hand that is the reality and hilltribe people deal with it. I live with, and amongst, migrant hilltribe people, so you've no need to tell me about the limitations and lack of opportunities for those born in another country.What they have to endure breaks my heart and I'm no left-wing, virtue signalling clown.

Peace.

I went back into screw boys on 22nd November. They had many boys but none to my taste.

I sat down and had a beer to see if any other guys showed up as they seem to turn up a bit later at screw boys. It was around 10pm.

The Mamassan came over to me to say the boys in this bar are the best and can do everything I like.

I said thanks and continued to check out the boys on stage.

Then another Mamassan joined in on the conversation to say the same thing a few times (good boys who can do everything).

I had no intention of telling them about my experience with boy number 37 but as they insisted to continue telling me that the boys can do everything I eventually replied by telling them that actually they can't all do "everything" and that I have taken a boy before who couldn't perform.

They (the Mamassans) both looked at me and recognised me from my visit before. I like the Mamassans in screw boys they are nice and polite people.

They asked which boy was it and I said it doesn't matter it's fine (I don't want to get the guy into any issues).

After a few minutes, one of the Mamassans remembered it was number 37 that I had taken previously and thanked me for my feedback.

I think it's good that you gave them the feedback, but you should also tell them precisely which boy has not performed.  That point is a misjudgement.

Either the boy, or the boy and the bar are running a scam in which they take an off fee, then pressure the client into paying a normal tip, when the boy has no intention at all of performing.

That's a scam and nothing more.   It's dishonest.   The boy deserves to be fired.

The more likely scenario is the bar hears your feedback and keeps telling customers that all the boys do everything, in which case the bar is in on it.   So we need to spread the word and be more careful going in there.

From what I read, it's not like the boy had the slightest intention of performing.  We might make allowances, if he tried bottoming & called it off because you have a way above average appendage.

Counting the bar fees, they have taken approx 3000 baht off you, he asked for 5000 baht and has not the slightest interest in doing anything to earn that.

I'm thinking the way to deal with this bar is to clearly explain to the boy and the mamasan precisely what services are needed and that there will be no tip if this is not done.  When they understand that and repeat it back to me, then I'm good to go.

If he refuses to perform in the hotel room, remind him of the deal.  If there is a scene, threaten to call security or the police.    After all, he's the one working illegally & should have the good sense to scoot off at this point.

They definitely knew it was boy number 37 as they told me his number once they recognised me.

So the bar now knows he's a non-performer (& quite possibly knew already).

Maybe the next board member in there needs to tell them it's no f*ck/s*ck, no tip and stick to that. 

I may well be one of the next, but based on this report, it may be best to patronize other bars instead.

Does #37 have a profile on any of the phone apps ?

I believe the bar wont let this issue jeopardize their entire business, especially when they are quite hidden away in patpong rather than soi twilight. If its true that the mamasan and even the bar intend to scam client, wont be long before people start to avoid this bar and stick to bars that gets good review. If its just the boy that act on his own, the mamasan/bar should take action or similar thing will happen as well. Customer will just go to other bars. I have yet visited this bar, but based on stories here, im having a mixed feeling. Probably will still go for the late night show that most people here recommended, but probably wont be offing anyone unless the boy is super hot that id take him anyway even if he is a dud lol

I believe the bar wont let this issue jeopardize their entire business

That's a logical approach.   I guess it kind of depends on how much of their business is due to repeat customers & how much is due to fresh meat walking through the door.   And whether the mamasans know this and care about anything beyond today's sales.

I imagine the Bangkok bars get more one time visitors than the bars tucked away in Sunee Plaza, for example.   So there might just be a market in getting the cutest Vietnamese boys on stage as the bait to attract the customers, even if they are not prepared to perform.

However, as you say, Screw Boys is somewhat tucked away & will not get as many walk by customers, so surely they need to be getting some level of repeat business.     The question is, do the mamasans realize this ?

Scorpion host bar (if I have the name right) seemed to be trying the business model of having exceptionally cute Vietnamese as the bait to entice customers.  The trouble is, they were not prepared to offer any competitive services ad were not much use as hosts either, since 100% of the conversation had to be via translation on their phone apps.    I was lured in once and have not been back since.

Chances are with all that publicity boy already changed his number to something other than 37.

News from here somehow are seeping in to bar owners / operators.

I recall at least two cases when this happened , at Jupiter and Tawan / in this case it was me who complained here /.

For every unhappy client will be another one curious to see what whole commotion is all about.

All advises above about setting rules before action are  correct but some, like me,  may find just too much of an administration taking a bit of fun from whole encounter. And as we see in the story above , even if everything is set in stone, behind closed door it may not work as expected.

At such times I'd be inclined to chalk everything over to an experience but will not expect bar to take much of an action if any.

They know better  which employee is generating more traffic and fees and our experience not necessarily mirrors that of others.

When I logged complain about Tawan boy here , it generated few posts of defense from those who knew him from better side so obviously I had bad luck with him rather that him being bad boy.

Definitely I'd not entertain an option of calling security or police over non-performance issue. Not worth of getting somebody into much bigger trouble , specially when this kind of job is involved, Chances also are they may take boy side and then we can be in a trouble.

When I noisily removed completely non-performing boy from room at Om Yim, faces of personnel  were showing nothing but contempt toward me even next day.

Last December , three years later I noticed that boy in question is still in the business , only in different bar , so obviously he is doing something right with some clients if he managed to stay afloat.

Not defending  # 37 here, just saying that  those things happen and it's better not to spoil vacation by dwelling too much on the issue.

I had a good experience with a Viet boy from Screwboys in September. No. 12. Calls himself Win. Very smooth.

even if they don't usually  have type of boys I like , my best one ever was from there   so Screwboys have cozy place somewhere in my heart :good:

However, as you say, Screw Boys is somewhat tucked away & will not get as many walk by customers, so surely they need to be getting some level of repeat business.     

that's correct , questions where is that bar are appearing here quite often and even repeated visitors to BKK are admitting to never being there, surprisingly perhaps as bar is in operation for long time and even at one point it was located in soi Twilight but perhaps it did not work well and they moved back to Patpong