Guest unicornmagus

1 night in Bangkok

Guest unicornmagus

Hi all,

It's been a long time since I've been in Thailand and had free time to enjoy myself. I get to stay in Bangkok for 1 night in transit and looking to make the most of it.

Last time I was transiting via Bangkok I got lucky and met a young Chinese couple off Grindr. I'm not counting on such luck this time so eager to get up to date with the best spots.

My type depends on my mood. I'm a sucker for twinks but can be partial to a bit muscle too. Are there any specific bars that cater to my taste more than others?

Following the funeral of the King is the Sanam Luang area back to normal? Are military boys curbside like in the past?

Finally I'm in 2 minds about hotel choice. I was thinking to stay near Suvarnabhumi and then just get transport in and use short time hotels. Or should I aim for central?

Hoping this post can get approved asap. Excited for my visit and to make the most of my time :-)

Think the best way to get the most out of your time is to take a room in a well-located hotel like Raya for the night and sample 2-3 different massage shops in the Silom/Surawong area, all in easy walking distance. There are dozens to choose from that feature twinks and some hunks so they cater to all tastes. Most are open from early afternoon to midnight. It may well be the most cost-effective way to maximize your time.

Soi 6 bars can be quickly toured, also. Super A will have a lineup and Golden Ccck a smaller one.

Or you take the high-end route and go to Jupiter on Soi 4 and off a guy from there. The options are limited only by your imagination.

I'd avoid clubs like Scewboys where it's too easy to make a bad choice after spending time watching show.

My type depends on my mood. I'm a sucker for twinks but can be partial to a bit muscle too. Are there any specific bars that cater to my taste more than others?

Finally I'm in 2 minds about hotel choice. I was thinking to stay near Suvarnabhumi and then just get transport in and use short time hotels. Or should I aim for central?

try Fresh Boys, Hot Male and Boy66 bars. I'd not be chalking out Screwboys as this is bar where on few occasions I visited with ChristianPFC , poster here and twink lover , both of us found somebody worth second look  ( I like  boys on muscly side).

You may score at Super A , pretty varied bunch when visited in September ( and they have room upstairs)

Hotel- something central with walking disctance to the bars and there are plenty in the area from Nantra Silom  / cheap / to Raya or Tarntawan more  upscaler

what time is your onward flight? I'd probably stay in Silom and just do a taxi or Grab car in the morning. You'll be going against traffic in the morning on the way to the airport.

The Royal Crematorium is still in SL and it is open to the public for a couple of more days. Then the area will still be busy for a while as they dismantle it. You didn't say when you will arrive.

I'd say if you want a "sure thing" then something like a massage place will probably be the easiest depending on what time you will arrive. I find the gogo bars a bit tiresome and by the time you pay for drinks, off fee, pay the boy you might as well just go to a "spa".

Grindr is still pretty popular as well as Hornet, Planetromeo, Blued and Jack'd. Tons of Thai guys on Blued.

Guest Promsak

The Royal Crematorium is still in SL and it is open to the public for a couple of more days. Then the area will still be busy for a while as they dismantle it. 

Just announced -- it will stay open till the end of December.

If I had only one night in BKK the Royal Crematorium would be the last of my thoughts.   ANY crematorium...

any OTHER crematorium yes, shouldn't be on the agenda. But this crematorium is not ANY crematorium, but THIS crematorium and a sight to behold. Thai arts at their finest. It's beauty and grace are absolutely stunning, probably better than anything inside the Grand Palace. As fedssocr points out, an especially marvelous sight when lit up at night. Highly recommended, in fact at this time THE number one on any touristy agenda outside boy fun.