joshhb

A review of 3 Massage places just a short distance from the Silom mainstream

Thanks for a great debut posting!

I've often wondered about Baan Tewa and you provided the answers. Sounds like you got what you paid for. Never had a scrub before but know where to go if I do.

Leo Spa was a pleasant surprise to read about and I'm putting it on short list for next trip. You tipped in line with what I do for satisfactory 90-minute session.

Nine Spa was a real disappointed and I think your tip was generous considering service level received.

Overall, two out of three is a good outcome for places previously untested.

Thanks again for posting.

Thanks for the reports.  Nicely done.  Sorry you had a less than great experience at Nine Spa.  But as Reader notes, two-out-of-three is pretty typical for new spots/new guys, at least in my experience.

"but what right do we have to expect we can do what we want just because we are paying some money?" 

Well, I really, really respect the generosity of spirit in this statement, but it is also the million dollar question (or at least the 2,000 baht question).  I think you did have a right to expect a little bit more from your masseur than he gave.  But it's an intensely personal job he's doing and sometimes he may just be a dud, sometimes an absence of chemistry, maybe he's tired -- even so the excuses should only go so far as it is his job.  

I think that some guys for both intimacy and cultural reasons don't kiss, and personally I respect that.  (Instead of kissing, in Laos and other areas people engage in a very erotic sniffing.)  Whether at massage or a bar if kissing is important I think we have to confirm ahead of time.  B2B massage I know some guys do it naturally and some guys don't - but if you ask for it you should get it.  Touching him all over, you absolutely have a right to expect and he should have been open to that.  (At least that's what I think.)   

But you were right not to get pissed off.  There are too many things have to align for it always to be great.  So try to remember the expert hand job...and take a pass on the shop or pick another guy next time.  This is one area I believe it is important to continue your research as much as time and money permit.  ;)

Thanks joshb, great report. It is nice to be reports from out of the Silom area from time to time. I will be in Bangkok myself next month, and will seek some of them out.

One question. I went on the Leo spa websites and I didnt see a link to their Line account.

Do you have what their name is on Line?

Great report and great entry

you kicked forum's door with force.

I wouldn't classify Nine visit as disappointment - great body , skillful massage and great hand finish, all count for something. You weren't exactly happy and tip reflected that , all fair IMHO

I agree with Divine comments re compensation - since we pay we can set some expectancies, as far as i'm concerned at least touching him all over if desired is part and parcel of oil massage. We don't take massage just to look at boy's eyes 

Kissing is more chemistry thing and again , as he said it should be asked in advance and if not I'd not hold against boy if he doesn't.

From sounds of it  I'd give him another chance as one encounter is just that, single sample.   

Hope you continue having fun in Bangkok and share here whatever you see fit.

Welcome to the forum !

I have Leo’s Line as ‘leo-spa Don’t ignore the ‘ at the beginning. Stunning newcomer in their line-up.

Another advantage of all these shops is that they are in discreet locations, barely signed, and the discovery is part of the fun. All 3 seemed clean and fit for purpose.

Thanks for the positive comments. I wish everyone who gets ideas from here gave something back to this site.

Thanks for the review. I am in line with others that there are certain expectations when money exchanged. At all male massage, that usually means minimum hj. Anything more should be extra and tips should reflect that. For just hj, id tips 700 per hour, which is the minimum tip from arena, so 1k for 90min is still reasonable. He is naked and he gaves good hand job, like u said he is reluctant to be touched, which to me means he didnt enjoy it but u did touch him right? Unless when u touch him, he forcefully take your hand off him, id still consider he will let u touch him all over, just that he didnt enjoy it which can be for many reason.

Found it on Line.

You have to search by inputting "leospa" (without the quotation marks) in the search box.

Although the Line homepage of it says "leo-spa" you have to search for it without the dash for some reason.

Thanks for pointing it out. I just added leospa on my Line. Georgeous photos of their boys in their line account! Looks like i am going to pay it a visit next week when i am in Bangkok!

I am surprised that some of the masseurs did not undress at first with you, joshsb.

In all the massages I had at Arena, Prince, Bonny, Bangkok and Banana, the boys always were naked before they started the massage.

Now think forward 1 second: these are all tipical tourist places in the Silom area (except Banana). Half of them do not even offer or just attempt to give something like a real massage. Thats one of the differences between them and Thai aimed places.

Though I had an unexpected surprise in that, also keeping on the lights, in a far away place in Nonthaburi-after it transpired he was an ex-barboy still living it up. But would not have been chosen for looks-anyway half of the time you hardly see him when he massages your backside.

The NINE looked much Japanese and so were most of the few customers I saw. Fits in with the area there.

No more reviews from me, because I’ve met this lovely guy off Gboysiam. I’ve never seen him post before, and the interaction on Line was not the usual “1500 for short time” and a cock picture. He is the most lovely guy, and will accept a present, but no more. This is a much more difficult situation to handle emotionally as it is definitely not the massage deal of “I want your body, you want my money”.  We Lined for 2 days before meeting.  Physically he is a 22 year old otter – beautiful slim but fit body and chest hair leading to a luxurious treasure trail. Off to Pattaya with him today and I fear it will end up in tears (mine!)

No more reviews from me, because I’ve met this lovely guy off Gboysiam. I’ve never seen him post before, and the interaction on Line was not the usual “1500 for short time” and a cock picture. He is the most lovely guy, and will accept a present, but no more. This is a much more difficult situation to handle emotionally as it is definitely not the massage deal of “I want your body, you want my money”.  We Lined for 2 days before meeting.  Physically he is a 22 year old otter – beautiful slim but fit body and chest hair leading to a luxurious treasure trail. Off to Pattaya with him today and I fear it will end up in tears (mine!)

Have fun, when your tears will dry out please report how it was

Very nice update and congratulations...

At first, I did not realize that this was an update from last year. I read on because I'm interested in new shops that are not too far out.

I just saw the Sept. Thai Puan issue and there is an ad for a massage shop called Hanuman in Patpong near Suriwongse. Anyone know about it?

Very nice update and congratulations...

At first, I did not realize that this was an update from last year. I read on because I'm interested in new shops that are not too far out.

I just saw the Sept. Thai Puan issue and there is an ad for a massage shop called Hanuman in Patpong near Suriwongse. Anyone know about it?

I haven't been there.  I am all for gender fluidity, and I am sure you can take it from the ad in Thai Puan that they are ok with gay, but it may not be 100% men there.  So like Art massage or pretty much any other massage place in Thailand, I'm sure there's fun to be had, but it might not be a given.  

https://www.facebook.com/hanuman.patpong/videos/313999646010745/

We've been to KL and Yangon twice, and our honeymoon plans include the beautiful Inle Lake. Next trip will involve a weekend in the amazing Luang Prabang. Lao and Thai languages are very close.

Somehow despite being 6k km apart we are making it work. I don't know if this is a national Thai trait but he can be in any social situation and he is never phased and always seems to fit in. Its me that makes the faux pas, like getting mad at things in Bangkok.

Congratulations and best wishes for the future. I hope it all works out perfectly for you