thaiophilus

BKK shows

Any suggestions on what are the best gogo shows in BKK right now?

I'm not greatly interested in lip-synching ladyboys (their backing boy dancers maybe) or non-stop big cocks ( nothing against them but seen one, seen all)

What would be good is variety: a bit of humour, lots of naked flesh, a bit of art, a bit of sleaze, the sort of mix I first saw 20 years ago.

Barbiery, or the old Jupiter? Can't remember.

(Apologies for asking a question that's already been answered in other places, but searching this one topic among all the other valuable information is near impossible on a tiny not-very-smart phone.)

I like Jupiter show but best way to see what is to your taste is to make grand tour of them all. At times show may be so-so but boys great or other way around.

Don't worry about forgetting Barbiery or old Jupiter, what is gone is gone, even water was more wet in our younger days.

Boy66 located in old Jupiter place has also show with quite a hunky background

Aesthetically, Jupiter2018 shows are the best in Bangkok.

Boys66 - similar to Jupiter but dancers costumes are very Morlum-ish full of glitter.

Tawan - still has nightly chuck wow show.

Dream boy- big on comedy side. Many lady boy comedians.

It has been reported that last weekend at Dreamboys, there were only 4 customers and less than 7 boys before10pm.

Are they on downward spiral?

Drink price : 500THB seasonal special price

I find jupiter boys are great but their shows a bit awkward with some boys who cant really dance doing the show. Maybe the day i went there isnt the best day, where their best dancers performing huhu. But the hula hoop show there deserve a mention. Very skillful boy.

It has been reported that last weekend at Dreamboys, there were only 4 customers and less than 7 boys before10pm.

don't be bearer of doom and gloom, perhaps just 1 off evening.

I agree about Jupiter show though as being best in BKK ,  look of participants on the stage is unrivaled,each more handsome than next one. 

Keep in mind, you say before 10pm. Show doesn’t start till 10:30 and many customers arrive at show time. From what I saw the last couple of weekend it would be hard to believe there were that few customers at showtime.

No doubt, there must be many more customers around the time of the show time.

The reporter was a Dreamboy regular who visited the bar more than 20 times a year for the past 2 years as he has a regular boy there.

He said that he has never seen so few customers in the past 2 years even before show time and more worryingly very few boys on stage.

Paulsf, have you noticed any decrease in Soi Twillight traffic recently. It supposed to be a high season right?

It could be just one bad day in the office. I surely hope so as I wish all the gogo bars a great success.

Aesthetically, Jupiter2018 shows are the best in Bangkok.

Boys66 - similar to Jupiter but dancers costumes are very Morlum-ish full of glitter.

Tawan - still has nightly chuck wow show.

Dream boy- big on comedy side. Many lady boy comedians.

from tawan chuck wow show, it help decide which hunk i will offer. splendid. but, flabby looking guy quite turn off to me, sigh.

who knows, some hunks deserve my offer for a night...

No doubt, there must be many more customers around the time of the show time.

The reporter was a Dreamboy regular who visited the bar more than 20 times a year for the past 2 years as he has a regular boy there.

He said that he has never seen so few customers in the past 2 years even before show time and more worryingly very few boys on stage.

Paulsf, have you noticed any decrease in Soi Twillight traffic recently. It supposed to be a high season right?

It could be just one bad day in the office. I surely hope so as I wish all the gogo bars a great success.

I wish all gogo bars a great success too but no wonder there is a decline:

Drink 500 Bt

Drink for a boy 500 Bt

Off fee 800 Bt

Tips min. 200 Bt

ST with the boy around 2000 Bt

Total 4000 Bt approx .

I am a frequent visitor to Thailand and at the past 20 years the costs were more than doubled with all the app's today you can get a boy directly for much less than through the gogo bars as I did in my last trip on July .

The last couple of weeks have been very inconsistent. There seems to be a lot of foot traffic, but it seems to start a little latter than usual. Closer to 10. Monday night was about as slow as I’ve seen, but then last night it wasn’t to bad. Though many boys didn’t show up last night. They really don’t like the cold. Probably be the same tonight. Last night the gogo’s turned off the a/c and fans.

Monday it was extremely cold inside the gogo’s . Heading over to Jupiter tonight so will see how they are doing. Was there last week, not full, but close. Again seems customers are showing up at show time and not hanging out much after shows.

X-Boys has dropped drink prices to 350 and 500 off. Hasn’t spread to other places yet, but it’s been working for them.

Same as Jupiter.

Prices doubling in 20 years doesn’t seem all that bad.

Again seems customers are showing up at show time and not hanging out much after shows.

I think this a part of the problem contributing to general lack of traffic in in the soi.  Once punters have met their objective--seen the show--they're not going to hang around and drink at those prices when they can walk over to Soi Four and get a beer or mixed drink for baht 100 or so. There's constant foot traffic on 4 and a range of places to eat. It's simply a more exciting and engaging place to hang out. That, at least, is how I experienced it in November.

They really don’t like the cold. Probably be the same tonight. Last night the gogo’s turned off the a/c and fans.

Monday it was extremely cold inside the gogo’s .

From The Nation

Bangkok became colder early on Wednesday with the Thawee Vadhana district registering the lowest temperature of 14.8 degrees Celsius.

The Meteorological Department reported that the average coldest temperature in Bangkok early on Wednesday was 16C.

On Tuesday, Don Muang district became the coldest with a recorded low temperature of 15.5 C, while other parts of Bangkok had an average lowest temperature of 17C.

It was the second morning this week that many Bangkokians left home wearing jackets.

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30334361

Seeing that the boys needs to be 90% naked, it is understandable that they hate the cold. At that temperature, maybe they should consider a fireplace or heater instead lol. Its definitely not a usual temperature for us south east asian, and that kind of temperature will makes half of us wears sweaters at night and half of us stay inside under thick blankets :)

When I walked past Dream Boys last week, a price of 550 was written outside.

The doubling in prices in Soi Twilight occurred over the last 10 years, not 20. I still clearly remember negotiating price in Hot Male to 200 from 250 around 2013.

Inflation in Thailand

Restricted to Soi Twilight drink prices as I have no data for other commodities. Prices for May 2010 from here:

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2013/10/shameless-mack-fragment-found.html compared to prices May 2015

Dream Boys 300 to 450 increase 8% per year

X-Boys 220 to 350 Baht 10%

Screw Boys 200 to 300 Baht 8%

On the other hand, prices for public transport or taxis have risen very littler over time. Here data about the last price rise: http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/03/bangkok-bus-price-rise.html but I don't have data from before.

Conclusion: It's better to run a brothel than to drive a taxi.

http://christianpfc.blogspot.com/2015/05/germany-and-thailand-inflation-and.html

Guest vincent82

I was at Dreamboys last night. First time visiting the Bangkok gay scene. The 10.30pm show was a full house from what I could see. Plenty of Asian customers and quite a number of boys. Most are not to my liking but there was this No.7 which got me pretty mesmerised.

Too bad cos due to my jittery first time nerves, when I finally decided to ask for him, he was already offed by another customer.

I’m wondering if anyone here has ever offer No.7 before?

Too bad cos due to my jittery first time nerves, when I finally decided to ask for him, he was already offed by another customer.

don't worry , we all had the same experience in the beginning  , in time it will be YOU who will be that snatching boy customer 

I was at Dreamboys last night. First time visiting the Bangkok gay scene. The 10.30pm show was a full house from what I could see. Plenty of Asian customers and quite a number of boys. Most are not to my liking but there was this No.7 which got me pretty mesmerised.

I’m wondering if anyone here has ever offer No.7 before?

Looks like the crowds are back after a slow December!