DivineMadman

Info on a bunch of BKK Massage Shops

A community service of the first order in the area I most enjoy exploring.

A few comments:

- I believe that Bonny is now asking 600/600 for 60. min. (unsure about Bangkok).

- Like your take on My Hero. Although I've only been there once, it has much potential that has yet to be realized and more guys could be just the ticket.

- Glad to see mention of White House Spa. It got a lot of play when first discovered years ago but hadn't heard anything since.

Thanks for the effort!

Guest RWG1226

OMG. I just got back from my second trip to Bangkok and this would have been both a blessing and a curse. I was lucky enough to have positive experiences everywhere, including Senso where a young man named Nice was very kind indeed to a generous old man. But I digress. My friend and I had a wonderful gay holiday with more or less equal measures of art, culture, shopping, gourmet meals and delectable boys. We stayed at the Sukhothai Hotel which I like a lot but thank the Lord Buddha that I didn’t know that Prince was right behind the hotel! Culture tourism might have been shortchanged.

Thanks tremendously for your efforts in putting this together. I’m sure it will aid my next trip and in fact will likely make it happen quicker.

but thank the Lord Buddha that I didn’t know that Prince was right behind the hotel! 

Right now I live with a direct view of Prince and all its comings and goings.  For fear of being caught by my current local guy - who lives on the same soi - I haven't been able to go recently, but I am happy to report Prince has been doing a bang up business this weekend with the influx of young Asian super gays for New Years/White Party weekend.

thanks to all for nice thoughts.

Great info compiled in one easy travelgayasia like lists and more. It is much better since its written by a massage enthusiast who have tried alll of the places listed. Especially appreciate the tips on booking and the line id for pictures!! Great job! Just one little thing i noticed when visiting prime, they actually have a minimum tip of 100 printed in their menu at the very bottom.

great collection of info, thanks!

Funnily, int the entry ion "The Best massage" you fell into the same trap you just warned readers about just a couple of lines above:

Street level of Silom Complex on the right as you enter.

No it's not, it is Silom PLAZA, not Complex, as you pointed out for Arena:

It’s on the 3rd Floor of  Silom Plaza.  (Check the map – it’s not the Silom Complex.)

As for The Prime, that is also one one of my favorite places for a no quality massage. Three comments on your comments:

- you say "Don't expect any hanky-pannky". Well that's true and it is not. Presumably more so for Thai massage than oil massage obviously, but in oil massages it CAN happen, but as you say one should not EXPECT it. Very dependent on the guy. Interestingly though, my number one favorite guy for a sensual massage used to work there (has left mid-2017, haven't had a chance to find out where he went). The whole (oil) massage experience was particularly sensual and arousing, followed by an excellent HJ. 

- you say not a place for oil massage. If oil massage is supposed to imply hanky-panky as par for the course, then that's true (see above). However, I do go there for the best non-erotic oil massage I can get in BKK. I have a regular there for that, been seeing him for a few years now, always booking him in advance when my back is especially tense and in serious need of a serious loosening of all those knots. He does it really strong and with lots of elbow use if, where, and when needed. I like that maximum pressure elbow use because it really get the job done, though I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea. I always doe 1.5 hour oil with him, and never tip him less than 500 (no hanky panky, though it actually has happened with him too, but most of the time I don't even want it). For my last massage a week or two ago I gave him 1000, because my back was so bad and he did such a great job loosening it up (well a little new year's generosity thrown in as well). He was even aching after almost an hour of really really hard work on my back alone lol.
Interestingly, I have booked him for a Thai massage once but found he wasn't as good at it as at oil massage

- Regarding tip: the price chart as the front does actually asks to not tip less than 100 Baht, which I find a very reasonable request given the quality of the massages.

Another piece of info on tips: one of the guys at Spa Bangkok, who took a liking in me and went for dinner (and then home, but not for money) with me after a massage, told me that they get absolutely NOTHING there from the shop, no daily minimum salary, and not even a cut from the passage price that goes to the shop. They rely on the tips exclusively. Don't know if and to what extent that is true at other places. Was going to ask my regular at Prime at some point about that. 

great collection of info, thanks!

Funnily, int the entry ion "The Best massage" you fell into the same trap you just warned readers about just a couple of lines above:

No it's not, it is Silom PLAZA, not Complex, as you pointed out for Arena:

As for The Prime, that is also one one of my favorite places for a no quality massage. Three comments on your comments:

- you say "Don't expect any hanky-pannky". Well that's true and it is not. Presumably more so for Thai massage than oil massage obviously, but in oil massages it CAN happen, but as you say one should not EXPECT it. Very dependent on the guy. Interestingly though, my number one favorite guy for a sensual massage used to work there (has left mid-2017, haven't had a chance to find out where he went). The whole (oil) massage experience was particularly sensual and arousing, followed by an excellent HJ. 

- you say not a place for oil massage. If oil massage is supposed to imply hanky-panky as par for the course, then that's true (see above). However, I do go there for the best non-erotic oil massage I can get in BKK. I have a regular there for that, been seeing him for a few years now, always booking him in advance when my back is especially tense and in serious need of a serious loosening of all those knots. He does it really strong and with lots of elbow use if, where, and when needed. I like that maximum pressure elbow use because it really get the job done, though I know it may not be everyone's cup of tea. I always doe 1.5 hour oil with him, and never tip him less than 500 (no hanky panky, though it actually has happened with him too, but most of the time I don't even want it). For my last massage a week or two ago I gave him 1000, because my back was so bad and he did such a great job loosening it up (well a little new year's generosity thrown in as well). He was even aching after almost an hour of really really hard work on my back alone lol.

Interestingly, I have booked him for a Thai massage once but found he wasn't as good at it as at oil massage

- Regarding tip: the price chart as the front does actually asks to not tip less than 100 Baht, which I find a very reasonable request given the quality of the massages.

Another piece of info on tips: one of the guys at Spa Bangkok, who took a liking in me and went for dinner (and then home, but not for money) with me after a massage, told me that they get absolutely NOTHING there from the shop, no daily minimum salary, and not even a cut from the passage price that goes to the shop. They rely on the tips exclusively. Don't know if and to what extent that is true at other places. Was going to ask my regular at Prime at some point about that. 

good catch on the typo on the complex/plaza thing.  

for prime - i was making the point not to expect and i meant exactly that and that's why i said it that way.  in previous discussions about the prime on this board i have noted that i've had happy endings there, for oil massage and thai massage.  I think the problem is the more the prospect of a happy ending is dangled out there then the greater the chance that someone might go with that expectation and then end up disappointed.  That's what I was trying to avoid so, again, that's why I said don't expect.  As for oil massages there, well yes of course and that's fine, but i think they are basically par with lots of places for that in and out of thailand.  But what prime stands out for is Thai massage, so that'w what i was recommending.   

Spa Bangkok I believe says that they encourage "generous" tips.  Personally I think good advice in general.

totally agree on your expectation management. 

As for Prime and Thai massage, I guess I should try that there a few times to see what you mean, I usually go for a good oil massage which I find consistently good and often better than at other places. Whereas you "think they are basically par with lots of places for that in and out of Thailand" - that's interesting and given all you massage expertise I do give such statements credit. So maybe it's another case of parallel universes (as per your blog) I guess haha ;)

You are right about the "generous tips" encouraged on Spa Bangkok website, though I do remember for sure that in a previous incarnation of the same site they actually quoted 500, though kinda hidden somewhere in a section called "spa etiquette" which they now don't have anymore

...Another piece of info on tips: one of the guys at Spa Bangkok, who took a liking in me and went for dinner (and then home, but not for money) with me after a massage, told me that they get absolutely NOTHING there from the shop, no daily minimum salary, and not even a cut from the passage price that goes to the shop. They rely on the tips exclusively. Don't know if and to what extent that is true at other places. Was going to ask my regular at Prime at some point about that. 

I tried a 2hr (1hr Thai + 1hr Oil) at Prime back in Feb 2015. The boy told me he will get 200bht from the 600bht massage price.

Can I add my thanks too to DivineMadman- a very useful summary which I will use on my forthcoming trip.

As mentioned above, Prime is a place I go to for a serious oil massage, so don't discount it as a Thai massage place only.

I haven't been offered, or sought, extras there, despite being obviously aroused just through the sheer act of massage rather than any specific 'play'

I have just one opportunity for a Bangkok massage in a couple of weeks time and don't wish to make a mistake.; which of the Silom/Surawong .places would you recommend for twinks?

i think this is the most recent discussion of that question.  not sure i have anything to add.  http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/11457-best-massagespa-for-twink-lovers/?hl=%2Btwink+%2Bmassage

Any info on the massage shop on Soi 4 across from G's and Tapas Bar? Also there's one shop on Surawong past Patapong Night Market heading towards twilight. And one across the street from Tawan.

I believe that your referring to Adam Massage on Soi 4. I reported on this shop in an earlier post:

Also at the mouth of Soi 4 you'll find guys from Adam Massage that has been around for about seven years. It's located further down shortly before Stranger Bar. The oil massage rooms are fair size and located on the third floor. Showers down the hall. Used it several times and found it clean and always received full-time on the clock. Talk to boys here about your expectations before agreeing.  All were friendly and most seemed to have some English. Small bottle of water and tea after. Baht 500 for 1 hour. The guys from Adam wear white or blue polo shirts.

The shop opposite Tawan in Indra. Some cute guys there but the facilities are not the best. As with most massage places I'm visiting (particularly for first time), I'd keep an eye on my pants and bring them to the shower. When I last used the place, the guy I chose tried aggressively to bid up the tip once I was on the table. Be clear here beforehand about what you want and tip expected. Vinapu's advice to bring along not much more baht than you think you'll need for massage and tip is a good practice.

I too go to prime for only oil massage. Ive had HE offered once only out of all my sessions, maybe 4-5 session total from two holidays. Half the time my massage was sensual and another half was strong and pinpoint massages, both to my liking. And the one i got offered HE was the most handsome guy there but probably the least skills in term of the massage, so to make the session counts, i agree to his offer, and of course he lets me play with his dick too. But u have to be discreet as people next door can hear and i dont think their management allows for such service being offered there.