DivineMadman

Info on a bunch of BKK Massage Shops

UPdate

As anyone knows, things in BKk change by the minute, so inevitably also some items of this excellent listing.

Amnd by posting get it back on top.

CLOSED are now:

DM (as reported on travelgayasia)

Peak/Seed (this moo baan alone would not allow to have it there for longer as a few weeks)

Somewhere it says that @PInklao is in DonMuang-it is not, its in khet Bang Plat, in streets around the now old Sai Thai=Soputhern Bus Terminal. This got new life when all the vans to west and south were moved by BMA to there, it also has a kind of night-market and since a few weeks another new gay sauna, G-Spot.

Newly opene:

Ganymede, got its own post

On ThaiMassageboy, brand new:

My Way (well, seems more like a reincarnation from another shop, far away from centre, a side soi of the watermains road

MG, in RamKamHaeng soi 36/1, might possibly be a new place for that Peak/Seed

NopNapa, 61/223/5 along Ram IX rd, can someone check this is the old DM perhaps or not?

69 club, new name for former LookMe, alog PongPetch market off NgamWongWan, east of the MALL and canal, probably the dirtiest/unkempt m2m shop I've ever been into. Entry looks like an old-style brothel, with red velvet cushions, a few tiny dogs, boys to choose from a tablet, but will be presented real life if asked

TGA also mentions Men Care along Ram VIII rd, nr 1258, which is just west of that new swan-look-a-like bridge just north of the infamous KhaoSarn area also Bang Plad (Pinklao area).

Hi-Club still seems to be going on every now and then-posts on Thai sites if someone available.....

UPdate

As anyone knows, things in BKk change by the minute, so inevitably also some items of this excellent listing.

TGA also mentions Men Care along Ram VIII rd, nr 1258, which is just west of that new swan-look-a-like bridge just north of the infamous KhaoSarn area also Bang Plad (Pinklao area).

Thank you  , very useful ,  although a bit cryptic, not everybody reading this board get all those  'DM' and ' TGA ' abbreviations

you got me interested  in that Men Care place, swan-look-a - like bridge is Rama VIII  bridge indeed

I get several updates a day from DM Spa, so I think it's still open.  (Vinapu- that's just the name of the spa, not a pong-a-gram.)  They have a great system where the photos show masseur's role preference and what his minimum tip is (some guys have higher minimum tips for themselves, some lower.)

I checked and the last update I got from Peak with the Ramkamhaeng Soi 39 address was July 3.  So as long as they're still offering I'ld be reluctant to mark them as closed.  (And of course I'ld double check the address in case the guys have relocated).  It's one of several appointment-only shops, so no real risk of trekking all the way over there on a whim to be disappointed.

Personally, I think it's always best to check ahead before going to any of these out-of-the-way places.  And with that in mind, I try to avoid spreading rumors that a shop has closed.

Re: SPA BANGKOK

So definitely "in the market" today and was planning on going to my usual Arena for what has always been for me a great experience.... 

Saw some writing here about Spa Bangkok in relationship to tantric massage work and my interest was piqued, so I visited their website and saw that they have a rather "special" business model - 

It seems that I have to purchase a membership in order to get many of their massages - True? Has anyone here done that? Has anyone used their place without a membership?

Thanks!

I get several updates a day from DM Spa, so I think it's still open.  (Vinapu- that's just the name of the spa, not a pong-a-gram.)  They have a great system where the photos show masseur's role preference and what his minimum tip is (some guys have higher minimum tips for themselves, some lower.)

I just added DM Spa in Line using the Line-ID you provided (i.e. theone5), but that profile says they have a problem with their timeline and one should add ID dmspa6 instead. So I added that one as well and a minute later received a message with a price list. So the latter profile (dmspa6) seems to be the active one. You may want to add that info to your blog.

Re: SPA BANGKOK

So definitely "in the market" today and was planning on going to my usual Arena for what has always been for me a great experience.... 

Saw some writing here about Spa Bangkok in relationship to tantric massage work and my interest was piqued, so I visited their website and saw that they have a rather "special" business model - 

It seems that I have to purchase a membership in order to get many of their massages - True? Has anyone here done that? Has anyone used their place without a membership?

Thanks!

the blog seems to indicate that there is some confusion over their business model. I see that they list non-member prices for some things. Might be worth directly contacting the spa. The whole thing does seem rather convoluted

Yes, the "confusion" that I refer to is that is that Spa Bangkok in many ways describes itself as members only but they do offer non-member services.  So non-member visitors are welcome there.  But for longer term visitors, frequent visitors or residents the "membership" packages are the way to go.  

The tantric package is, I am pretty sure, members only.  But in my experience the manager is extraordinarily nice, so maybe he could make an exception for someone.  I don't know.

I just added DM Spa in Line using the Line-ID you provided (i.e. theone5), but that profile says they have a problem with their timeline and one should add ID dmspa6 instead. So I added that one as well and a minute later received a message with a price list. So the latter profile (dmspa6) seems to be the active one. You may want to add that info to your blog.

thank you.  I will do that.  :)

after all of the recent positive chatter about Nakarat I took a look at their FB page. An interesting mix of guys. A few are definitely my cup of tea for sure. Can't wait to check it out

https://www.facebook.com/Nakarat-Massage-Spa-710678279124390/

As of 10 days ago, quite a few of the guys who appear in photos were still around. Four I know are temporarily--I believe--back in VN. There's always a turnover so it's interesting to walk by and see what's changed.

I can attest that in almost every case they look better in the flesh than they do in pics.

Hi, I'm always looking for more information - does this blog stop at 2016 or have I sourced it wrong?

I haven't done much updating on it since March or April 2018.  I think I corrected the line id for DM Spa a few days ago thanks to the helpful comment of Anddy (I believe).  But to be clear, I have neither the time nor inclination to try to make it an exhaustive survey of every shop.  It's only the ones I find interesting one way or another.  It's not definitive or exhaustive.  It's just one person's set of data points for your information.

Does Prime have private rooms or are only curtains used to separate everyone?

I know that in the regular "rooms" for Thai massages -- with mats on the floor -- the walls do not go all the way to the ceiling.  So not curtains, but not 100% private floor-to-ceiling walls either.  Prime also has rooms with massage tables for oil massages.  I just can't remember if they have floor-to-ceiling walls.

I haven't done much updating on it since March or April 2018.  I think I corrected the line id for DM Spa a few days ago thanks to the helpful comment of Anddy (I believe).  But to be clear, I have neither the time nor inclination to try to make it an exhaustive survey of every shop.  It's only the ones I find interesting one way or another.  It's not definitive or exhaustive.  It's just one person's set of data points for your information.

Hey Divine, no I follow your update page. While I would love your opinion on Adam and Najarat - my post was questioning Baobao - his post indicates a blog of his and Homepage ends in 2016.  I love what  you do .

Hey Divine, no I follow your update page. While I would love your opinion on Adam and Najarat - my post was questioning Baobao - his post indicates a blog of his and Homepage ends in 2016.  I love what  you do .

Thank you, paborn. Rather than go off topic I've sent you a PM. DivineMadman is currently the best reference for massage shops, though... no question.

DivineMadman, just as I could never have navigated Bangkok without the GT forum, I could not have navigated the massage scene without your excellent compilation of reviews!  Thank you!!!

I went to Arena today and it was just as you stated -- pretty average looking guys with muscle bodies. No frills environment.  This was my first massage in Bangkok and I would probably upgrade to a nicer facility next time.

Afterwards, I went to Prime for a legit massage.  I think it was the best massage of my life!  Excellent, clean, professional business.  Very busy, as you stated.  The receptionist was taking lots of appointments (in English) on the phone.  Luckily, they took me as a walk-in, but I would recommend an appointment.   I took the next boy who was available - handsome, excellent technique, very sensual.  Highly recommended!

Thank you again, DivineMadman.  You are doing God's work!

Thanks for the kind words.  

I remember when you could always just walk in to get a massage at Prime, no appointment necessary.  Word got out.  Now it is definitely a good idea to book ahead.  Still great massages.  When it's a gay party long weekend I always end up there for a leg massage or two just to watch the parade of young guys from all over Asia having a holiday massage.

Glad you're having a good time and do keep up the reports.  I think a bunch of us start migrating back to Thailand soon and, certainly for me, it's helping kick the anticipation into overdrive.

On my last day in Bangkok before returning home I paid a visit to Senso on Sala Daeng. As I arrived early (14:30) only three guys available. I picked a good looking guy who hailed from Chiang Rai and whose name was Kong—or so he told me.

The massage was bloody useless, but the happy ending satisfactory. Not worth the minimum price.

On my last day in Bangkok before returning home I paid a visit to Senso on Sala Daeng. As I arrived early (14:30) only three guys available. I picked a good looking guy who hailed from Chiang Rai and whose name was Kong—or so he told me.

The massage was bloody useless, but the happy ending satisfactory. Not worth the minimum price.

sorry you had a bad experience there.  

Senso = consistently inconsistent (why I skip it).