DivineMadman

Info on a bunch of BKK Massage Shops

I couldn't figure out where to post this, but this thread seems like the best place. I stopped by Nakarat for a massage yesterday. It was one of the worst massages I have had. I didn't get the masseur's name, but he was probably late 20s, fairly muscular, handsome guy. His massage technique was really terrible. He started out straddling my back but was sitting basically in the middle of my back and since he was a fairly heavy guy he basically made it hard for me to breathe. It also didn't help that the table had no face well. Once I flipped to my back and he started massaging my front he did this weird thing I've never encountered before where he was basically choking me. I don't understand how he could possibly have thought that was in any way relaxing. Obviously any massage place you go to it's somewhat a luck of the draw. But they should at least provide some basic training to these guys.

17 minutes ago, fedssocr said:

I couldn't figure out where to post this, but this thread seems like the best place. I stopped by Nakarat for a massage yesterday. It was one of the worst massages I have had. I didn't get the masseur's name, but he was probably late 20s, fairly muscular, handsome guy. His massage technique was really terrible. He started out straddling my back but was sitting basically in the middle of my back and since he was a fairly heavy guy he basically made it hard for me to breathe. It also didn't help that the table had no face well. Once I flipped to my back and he started massaging my front he did this weird thing I've never encountered before where he was basically choking me. I don't understand how he could possibly have thought that was in any way relaxing. Obviously any massage place you go to it's somewhat a luck of the draw. But they should at least provide some basic training to these guys.

That sounds truly horrific. I hope you asked him to stop and pointed out he was hurting you??

On 12/31/2017 at 4:27 PM, DivineMadman said:

Some years ago Shamelessmack put a blog out with lots of info on massage shops in Bangkok, which I found very helpful.  A while back I put together a spreadsheet with some updated information.  For various reasons that format hasn't really worked for me.  Instead, I've updated the information and put it on a blog, which for a few reasons is easier for me.  Experienced readers/users can ignore most of it.  Actually all are free to ignore all of it.  But for the newbies might be some useful info.  Happy 2018

https://bkkmassages.wordpress.com/shop-specifics/

I find it somewhat incredible that you have failed to put Banana Massage on you list.  It is located on Sukhumvit 23 and is certainly one of the nicer and cleaner of the massage places.

2 hours ago, martinsen said:

I find it somewhat incredible that you have failed to put Banana Massage on you list.  It is located on Sukhumvit 23 and is certainly one of the nicer and cleaner of the massage places.

I'ld be interested in reports of your recent visits, because there have been several reports that it was no longer a "full service" massage shop.  

As to your incredulity - in the tiresome wordy bits of the blog I think I made it clear that it's my list with my choices.  I even specifically called out why I didn't put Banana Club on the list.  In the section titled "Deliberate Omissions" -- did you check there, by the way?? -- I wrote:

Banana Club (Asoke) has a lot of fans, but there have been too many reports of theft.  I recommend it for foot massages at the ground floor level, but there should never be any reports of theft.  Plus I don’t like the common shower/changing area and found the selection not so great last couple of times I went there.  But as I said, it has its fans.

Fine with me if you disagree.  De Gustibus and all that.

At least I gave you the chance to experience the incredible.  That's nice, isn't it?  I think there's a line from Alice in Wonderland about six impossible things before breakfast.  So you're one-sixth of the way there today.  

Please do give us a report of your recent visit, because that would be the best thing of all, and it would correct all those statements out there that it's closed for funny business.  

And of course the graciousness of your post is most touching.  

:air_kiss:  :air_kiss:  :air_kiss:

On 2/24/2019 at 9:30 AM, martinsen said:

AND besides that, several recent reports tell that either owner-that SIN guy Calvin, or others have barred entry and told regular old customers that they do NOT do the special service anymore. In fact another quite good shop is also not listed at all-lets keep it that way.

For those wanting to explore and have enough knowledge of Thai: check the ads on gboysiam69.com

Was in the outer regions of Nonthburi recently and old HiClub also seems to have drawn the curtains-all signs removed and porter at entry gate of moobaan also confirmed this to me.

On 2/20/2019 at 9:54 PM, fedssocr said:

I stopped by Nakarat for a massage yesterday. It was one of the worst massages I have had. .

I walked past Nakarat about 2 weeks ago and was tempted by a very cute slim twink outside the premises, but didn't want a massage right then.

Later I considered going back but had a quick look at the reviews on Google maps. These are quite negative, with comments like 1 hour massages lasting 30 minutes, poor technique & so on.   So naturally I gave it a miss.

I don’t believe DivineMadman intended this to be a list of the best gay male-to-male shops in Bangkok. Instead it’s just what the title implies:  information about a bunch of massage shops. And he  took the effort to arrange it in logical order. 

And it’s just that. He relates his experiences and encourages others to do the same. Information helps us pick and choose but isn’t a substitute for actually going out there and trying it ourselves.

Since every massage experience is a unique  activity between the parties involved, variation in outcomes is inevitable. But if we dither and fret over every decision, we begin to preclude spontaneity. 

What distinguishes this thread is that it’s started by an established member who has proven experience in the subject. This, to me, is much more valueable than information gleaned from annonymous sources on commercial sites. I simply wouldn’t trust the latter.

On 2/25/2019 at 7:55 PM, fedssocr said:

given the sheer number of massage places I don't think anyone could possibly review them all.

Depends how you define them. There are just a few more as gay sauna's here in BKK and well-known christian has reviewed these about all and makes periodically overveiws. However, the changes of opening/closure of these m2m shops are far, far more as for sauna's and thats the challenge. But it would not be impossible for someone who lives more or less permanently here in BKK and knows the city (or is prepared to shell out for grab etc.) to at least visit the main 40/50 (thats about the nr of those actively advertising and certain of giving the required extra's as selfevident) in say 3-4 monthes. But there are at least the same nr of places that are ''maybe/perhaps'' or just by some of the workers, who may work only part-time.

In my personal listing, Ive been to slightly over 40 by now, of which near 20 are closed already. And that still misses out nearly all in the Silom area.

Sources that also list them-advertising: gboysiam69, thaimassageboy, tmmsociety, gthai.net. Unless someone known more. Problem is nowadays, that many only do fb-accounts and many also now only open for prebooked clients, via LINE. Those for unannounced walk-ins are slimmer by the day.

On 2/26/2019 at 6:27 AM, ggobkk said:

During my August visit in 2018, I had two excellent massages at Nakarat.

I began posting about Nakarat sometime in late 2017, I believe. And today I’m posting about my experience there this week.

For those new to the shop, it’s easy to find at the entrance to silom soi 4. The shop itself is on third floor above restaurant but you’ll find most of the guys (many from VN) on Silom and perhaps a few more around the corner on 4. 

The rooms are adequate with tables but only one has and en-suite shower. There are two small showers down the hall with soap, shampoo and hw. There are some separate, very cramped rooms for Thai massage with mats on floor (these are not well suited for anything else). One hour oil is 450, 90 min. 600.

Most guys will begin by automatically asking 2k. I counter with 1.3 (this is what I usually pay in Silom for one hour). I did so again this time and it was agreed to.

When he leaned in against my hand, the massage took the usual course to a satisfactory conclusion for both parties.

Have lost count of how many times I’ve used Nakarat but I’m sure it’s in double figures. I appreciate the selection and convenience of the location. There’s been, I estimate, a 20-25% turnover since my last visit.

1 hour ago, kentop said:

Great experience at sabaidee spa. Prebook with Line . Very responsive and honest about the boys and their preferences 

+1   I've been using Sabaidee Spa more this year than other shops.  Very professional.  Lots of handsome men.  For my tastes, tend to be a bit better looking than Arena.  Seems to be a core group of regular guys working most days and always some new guys popping up on the Line updates from time to time, so a nice mix.

DivineMadman - Thank you so much for your  Sabaidee spa recommendation. The somewhat hidden entrance and cozy feel of the place just gave me a relaxed and non-intimidating vibe.

The person who manages Line was also spot on and honest in the assessment of the guys. A few other centers simply ignored my initial Line contact. So for someone shy like me  who likes the idea of prebooking  rather than taking a chance and choosing from a fish aquarium,  this place is great ! The place also has a “discreet” feel to it. Definitely a return for me for next visit to Bangkok in June 

10 hours ago, kentop said:

Great experience at sabaidee spa. Prebook with Line . Very responsive and honest about the boys and their preferences 

Good to know. 

8 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

+1   I've been using Sabaidee Spa more this year than other shops.  Very professional.  Lots of handsome men.  For my tastes, tend to be a bit better looking than Arena.  Seems to be a core group of regular guys working most days and always some new guys popping up on the Line updates from time to time, so a nice mix.

I had a look on Line, some very cute guys. Is this a full service sort of place?