reader

'Making money will get you hard'

Excerpts from South China Morning Post

It took the creators of the documentary Boys For Sale more than a year to fully win the confidence of the male prostitutes, owners of gay and lesbian bars and operators of the notorious urisen parlours that dot Tokyo’s 2-chome gay district.

Once they had been accepted – producer Ian Thomas Ash admitted the entire budget for the first year of the project was spent on alcohol to smooth introductions – the full seedy and contradictory nature of Japan’s commercial male sex scene was laid bare.

Boys For Sale has won four film festival awards this year in Los Angeles, South Africa, Mexico and Ecuador, and had its Japan premiere on November 26 as part of Tokyo Aids Week 2017. And Ash, who has worked on a number of hard-hitting documentaries in Japan in the past 15 years, admitted he was shocked at what he discovered during the making of the movie.

“We started working on the idea more than 10 years ago and the production process took four years,” said Ash, who was part of a six-person team that included director Itako and Adrian Storey, who served as director of photography.

Ash said it was impossible to get an accurate grasp of the number of young men working as male prostitutes in and around 2-chome, as many operate online and are “delivered” to customers, but 1,000 seemed a reasonable estimate, according to Ash.

The other surprising discovery was the number of young men who had come to Tokyo from areas hit hard by the earthquake, tsunami and meltdown at the Fukushima nuclear plant in March 2011.

Another revelation in the movie, which uses animated sequences to depict parts of the story that were impossible to film, was that many of the young men who provide sexual services are not themselves homosexual.

“To them, it is just a job,” Ash said. “And it was surprising to me that they talked so openly with their girlfriends about what they did for a living. I do not want to generalise about what is acceptable to Japanese women but the men that we spoke with said their girlfriends said they had no problem with their jobs.”

And as the manager subsequently of an urisen bar, he explains the advice he doles out to young men who are unable to get an erection when they are with a client and what they should focus on.

“Money,” he says. “Making money will get you hard.”

http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/society/article/2127079/boys-sale-dark-world-japans-gay-prostitution

Not so different to Pattaya then,

I would guess that half the boys in Boyztown are straight, as are most of the boys in Eros and, I think, almost all the 'boys' in Goodboys. 

It is just a job for them - some are better at it, or better actors, than others, some are more versatile than others but most have no difficulties in 'performing'.

In many respects not really quite so different to the young Thai girl who agrees to sex with an elderly overweight farang male (or female). 

Money is indeed the universal aphrodisiac ! LOL

I would guess that half the boys in Boyztown are straight, as are most of the boys in Eros and, I think, almost all the 'boys' in Goodboys. 

I agree but question is how straight are those straight guys. sometimes I have my doubts even if I never deal with boys even remotely feminine

I've used terms like "otherwise straight" or "Thai straight" to try to convey this situation which is think is becoming more common as the ratio of straight to gay guys on the game seems to be increasing.

My definition of straight in LOS has evolved to mean not feminine in role or demeanor. It doesn't preclude them from having--and frequently enjoying--the sex.  However, doing anything they consider girlish or in the domain of a ladyboy they (thankfully!) reject.

That doesn't mean that as they become more comfortable with the customer that they may feel freer go with the flow of the moment.  They are, after all, behind closed doors and the inhibitions can drop away quite unexpectedly.  That they may go home to their girlfriends later makes it--for me--all the more satisfying.

The classic example of this, for me, is Tao from Eros (or sometimes Toy Boys). Over the years he has had a succession of often quite stunning girlfriends, some agogo girls.

And yet he is huge fun to take out, very affectionate, kisses passionately, loves oral sex, and is a good top - he does everything except bottom for me.

He has been there a few years now and seems to feel entirely comfortable with his 'job'. 

Indeed last trip I had taken him out to the Stone House on Walking Street and he was dancing happily away and commented that his girlfriend would love this place. Ask her over, I said, and within about 20 mins this stunning girl shows up, a real head-turner, and she seemed completely at ease on seeing her boyfriend with his customer for the night. Tao remained equally affectionate with both of us for the rest of the evening. Nevertheless, I thought it best not to push my luck and invite her back to the room as well! hahahaha

within about 20 mins this stunning girl shows up, a real head-turner, and she seemed completely at ease on seeing her boyfriend with his customer for the night. 

line of job they are demands to abandon a lot of inhibitions so this is not surprising. I heard  this sentence from boys quite a few times ' it just a job for me" . As mentioned many times , for my personal  use I'm of opinion that straight boys know that they need to try better and it's why they  usually deliver.

Of course those of us who are into more gay or feminine boys may not feel comfortable in such a company but chances they will be offing those manly types are minor, after all gaydar works for most of us.  

Ask her over, I said, and within about 20 mins this stunning girl shows up, a real head-turner, and she seemed completely at ease on seeing her boyfriend with his customer for the night. Tao remained equally affectionate with both of us for the rest of the evening. 

The regular "decent" people  who engage in religious marriages and educate their children to be fearful of the sins of sex and homosexuality in particular have a lot to learn from this interesting couple you describe.  

‘Normal’ Thai girls would not go out with gogo boys.

They are insanely jealous and need 24 hours attention.

That is why boys often have a girlfriend of the similar background,likeThaniya bar girls.

Bar girls tolerate boys with farang gay customers but would hate boy go with a female customer. Perhaps they consider the real threat.

Once I saw a Dreamboy boy with an Asian female customer in a Suriwong cafe, a Thai bar girl rushed in and started hitting the poor guy.

‘Normal’ Thai girls would not go out with gogo boys.

would not go out  but don't mind being a girlfriend / wife of go-go boy if money is decent. Sometimes at end of night in soi Twilight or Boyztown one can observe girls on motorbikes picking up their men.

I recall at least one case when my long time off told me he need to call his girl to tell her not to come and pick him up tonight and he did. Middle of the night call from girl ( I could her voice ) presumably asking "where the hell you are" happened as well.

Even one boy claimed it was from his mother !  

It is definitely true that some Thai girls are kind of ok with their partner's job. They are thinking of the money.

Who can forget the wives, some cradling babies, sitting outside the old Krazy Dragon, waiting for their partners to finish work. One woman even encouraged me to off her husband,.

And early in my career as a horny sex tourist, I took a boy shopping at Siam Paragon, but he insisted we go to MBK. He took me straight upstairs to a shop where his wife was working and introduced me to her.

I've never been so embarrassed in my life.

And I once got talking toa Norwegian girl outside XBoys in Pattaya. Her husband was the top in the fucking show. I asked her his she felt, knowing that her boyfriend was engaging in gay sex - fucking, no less - and she said it didn't bother her.

"I get to enjoy his cock when we get home," she said with a smile.

When you saw the size of that monster Issan appendage you'd know why she was smiling. It was huge!

I'm late caching up with the topic.  Lat fall when I was in Bangkok, Van who is a gogo at Hot Male, and I were at the Hot Male Bar have a drink before going to Jupiter.  A young woman came by selling flowers and engaged him in coversation, he introduced us and asked if I buy some of the flowers she was selling, which I did.  Later he told me she was the wife/girl friend of another of the Hot Male boys (one I'd offed twice before).  

A young woman came by selling flowers and engaged him in coversation, he introduced us and asked if I buy some of the flowers she was selling, which I did.  Later he told me she was the wife/girl friend of another of the Hot Male boys 

I like when boys are supporting each other instead if fighting for customer, even if that customer is me / it happened and is recorded on this forum /