Londoner

Jomtien accommodation

Yes I’ve stayed at the Poseidon and can echo ggobkk in his praise of the place. The only draw back for me is the lack of a pool, as I like a bit of excercise when on holiday and swimming is ideal. The Poseidon has a rather interesting tiny indoor one with a pumped water flow which you can swim against but I didn’t find it a practical solution. So when staying Jomtien I’ve switched to the Agate and more recently the Zing, despite preferring to stay at a 100% gay hotel, which The Posiedon is.

When coming into contact with hetro guests in mixed hotels, couples and families, especially around pools, I do maintain a sense of decoram when with young boyfriends such as not holding hands, kissing or sharing a sun lounger.

Yes I’ve stayed at the Poseidon and can echo ggobkk in his praise of the place. The only draw back for me is the lack of a pool, as I like a bit of excercise when on holiday and swimming is ideal. The Poseidon has a rather interesting tiny indoor one with a pumped water flow which you can swim against but I didn’t find it a practical solution. So when staying Jomtien I’ve switched to the Agate and more recently the Zing, despite preferring to stay at a 100% gay hotel, which The Posiedon is.

When coming into contact with hetro guests in mixed hotels, couples and families, especially around pools, I do maintain a sense of decoram when with young boyfriends such as not holding hands, kissing or sharing a sun lounger.

I am completely opposite than you and really don't care what other people think about me if I have boy with me I don't maintain any distance from him it's really no their business of other people what I am doing in my vacation,however I agree it's more convenient to stay at gay hotel .

When coming into contact with hetero guests in mixed hotels, couples and families, especially around pools, I do maintain a sense of decorum when with young boyfriends such as not holding hands, kissing or sharing a sun lounger.

that's very decent behavior and should be followed by everybody everywhere and I'm pretty  sure your boys notice and appreciate it.

I've stayed at a couple of the hotels directly on Jomtien beach with my BF. 

Avalon is quite a grand property with attractive public areas, a big pool, and large rooms with balconies. Rooms are little dated now but quite acceptable. Breakfast is OK, the Asian choice is better than the Western. The overall impression was of a 4 star property being run as a 3 star.

Rabbit Resort is a bit further along the beach. Rooms are mostly in separate two storey villas with one room upstairs and one downstairs. It was recently refurbished, and the rooms are attractive if slightly quirky. There are two pools, one reserved for adults. Mrs Rabbit and her Thai husband are great hosts. This place is often very highly rated on Tripadvisor (sometimes even number 1 in the whole of Pattaya). It's a fair walk along the beach to pick up a baht bus. Breakfast is good but with a more limited choice than you'd get in a larger hotel. 

I don't know the joiner policy in either place, but I wouldn't expect a problem.

that's very decent behavior and should be followed by everybody everywhere and I'm pretty  sure your boys notice and appreciate it.

While casual Public Displays of Affection don't bother me (regardless of who's participating) I think it's nice to go along with the old saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans" and show reasonable restraint when others are present who may be made uncomfortable - and that'd include at breakfast with mixed couples and families. 

While casual Public Displays of Affection don't bother me (regardless of who's participating) I think it's nice to go along with the old saying "when in Rome, do as the Romans" and show reasonable restraint when others are present who may be made uncomfortable - and that'd include at breakfast with mixed couples and families.

I expect to behave & be treated no differently to any other couple. Keeping the same distance. Close, but no kissing at the breakfast table.

All I have ever had at breakfast was some dark looks from some middle aged female farang, possibly wishing she had the company of the slim young gentleman in the tiny white shorts. I was hoping she would say something as he would have had the perfect riposte.

I hope you don't mean it.

Vacation is form work or perhaps from everyday environment like neighbors and family but not from basic decency.

Would you pick up your nose in restaurant full of diners or fart on songtaew just because you are on vacation ?

Whenever we are in public space whether we like or not we are scrutinized by all around, usually complete strangers - it's why , so to speak, we use deodorants and shower every Friday or I was told some even more often.

I'm with you that is nothing to be embarrassed to be seen with much younger prostitute of the same sex in public, feast I practice myself very often, but that public may not be actually interested ON THEIR VACATIONS to see behavior usually reserved for more private settings and not necessarily increasing their appetite.

We are paying boys to have sex with us but embarrassing them in public if they don't wish is not included in price, at least not in my book.

You didn't understand completely what I meant,because I do prefer LT over ST sometimes I stay my whole vacation with the same boy.Some of the boys do show affection like holding hands or quick hug and it's fine with me why should I prevent them to do so in a public area at the hotel?

I never kiss in public it's really inappropriate and never show public affection if the boy is shine and prefer to maintain distance .

It's important for us to have regard for the feelings of the Thais we are with; and that includes an "off" as much as a partner. Public displays of affection- involving any sexuality are not readily accepted  in Thailand.

Come to  think of it, I was uncomfortable when I was in a Pattaya host bar and a falang gave his boyfriend a prolonged French kiss  I saw the same on Beach Road one Loy Khatong and noticed Thai families (it was a busy night) looking askance and giving the couple a wide birth.

I wouldn't consider holding hands with my partner in The Agate; he would be mortified if there were any reaction while I'd be merely angry.

It's important for us to have regard for the feelings of the Thais we are with; and that includes an "off" as much as a partner. Public displays of affection- involving any sexuality are not readily accepted  in Thailand.

Come to  think of it, I was uncomfortable when I was in a Pattaya host bar and a falang gave his boyfriend a prolonged French kiss  I saw the same on Beach Road one Loy Khatong and noticed Thai families (it was a busy night) looking askance and giving the couple a wide birth.

I wouldn't consider holding hands with my partner in The Agate; he would be mortified if there were any reaction while I'd be merely angry.

Much agreed -- it all is part of a course someone should teach: How to be a Good Guest in Someone Else's Country 101.

You didn't understand completely what I meant,because I do prefer LT over ST sometimes I stay my whole vacation with the same boy.Some of the boys do show affection like holding hands or quick hug and it's fine with me why should I prevent them to do so in a public area at the hotel?

I never kiss in public it's really inappropriate and never show public affection if the boy is shine and prefer to maintain distance .

that is even better as all I wanted responding  to post  was to point two things :

-even when on vacation we still should somehow behave like we would at home or better, specially if we are in different country

-when we are in company , we should act in a way our company is not embarrassed.

I guess , based on responses above that we all or at least most of us agree.

If our boys likes and doesn't mind to show affection in public is fine although the same token applies - he should avoid US being embarrassed by his action.

as an illustration two stories I already reported here while ago :

I offed one of Jupiter boys  and when we walked along Suriwong to my hotel it turned out that he is well known to vendors in the area so few times I presume he was asked where he goes and he pointed at me to a knowing nod of his interlocutors. I did not mind at all but can imagine somebody would not like those stares titled " such handsome guy is wasting his youth on such a fossil"

Once in Tawan right after the show some boys took turns invited by farang lady to finger her in a full view of everybody as she was sitting in the first row. Some boys did but others were as disgusted as I and boy I was sitting with was and we are talking inside of sex bar situation.