Bobby1974

First Time Visiting Gay Area In Bangkok

Hello All,

Iv been a member for roughly two weeks and I have been browsing the forum regularly since. Its very informative and helpful so thanks to everyone whos a member and contributed.

Ill be in Thailand from 10  April till 25 April and Im planning ón spending some time in Silom in Bangkok and Boystown Sunne and Jomtein in Patts.

A little about my own background before I continue. I have been to Thailand many times, first my attraction was to the ggs (girls) then for last four and half years its been the ladyboys that have caught my attention. Now im expanding my sexual horizons/boundaries further afield again and Im experimenting with boys. I find it all very exciting actually and it is bringing a new freshness and buzz about my impedning trip

I do have a ladyboy girlfriend and we are planning ón some 3somes when we are there. Ón my last visit to Thailand in November we went to Boystown ón our very last night and we barfined (i think the word offed is used here which i had never heard off before) a boy for a shórt time and we had super fun I must say. So planning ón more of the same this trip.

Id like to ask the BMS here for some general advise if I may. Firstly my plan is to spend my first night in Sukkimvit with some mates (who are ladyboy lovers only so they have nó interest in going to gay bars with me) and the ón 11 and 12 Im going to stay in Silom for two nights. I have been looking at hotels that are néar to all the bars and clubs and I think I have narrowed it down to the Raya or the Tarntawan both from my research ón here are very centrally located and have got deent reviews from BMs. I was initially hoping to choose a hotel with a decent gym with freeweights but neither of the above have. 

So my first question is which hotel would you guys choose or please feel free to recomend another hotel close to the action with a gym.

Secondly if I go with a hotel without a gym where is there a decent gym in Silom closeby where I could pay to  fit in a couple of workouts while Im there.

Next Id like to get BMS opinions how how you think the boys are going to react to my ladyboy girlfriend and I in general in the bars gogos and clubs. I think we may have been very lucky in Boystown last trip in that the first boy we called to sit us was amenable to our request and was quite happy to have a 3some with a ladyboy. Im sure thats not the norm. Any advice or info ón this will be greatly received.

Regarding clubs súch as DJstation do you think it will be very unfomfortable for my ladyboy girlfriend. Will she be the only ladyboy there. Will she be accepted or will she be frowned apon.

Im also intrigued by the gay sauna scene. Like iv said its only the last 6 months really where i have been dabling in the gay scene per say so Id like to hear a little about how the likes of Babylon work and the cruising etc that goes ón. I would imagine that ladyboys are not welcome here so if that the case I was planning ón visiting babylon one afternnon ón my own and sussing it out. How múch is the entrance fee. Could someone kindly give mé an overview ón how it Works once your inside the sauna complex and how one goes about having sex there.

My initial plan was to go to lopburi (girlfriends home)from 13 to 15 April to celebrate Sonkran. I have a condo booked in Pattaya from 18 to 25 April. Last Two days in pattaya is enough for Sonkrans celebraion there. However after reading  a wonderful trip report ón here from an Isreali BM about the the Gcircuits party last sonkran Im half considering going to the opening party instead and then going to lobpuri ón 14. But then I thought might not be a good idea to take a ladyboy to a Gcircuit party. I guess my question is would she be very out of place there or would she fit in ok with the crowd.

The 16 and 17 April I have left open and nothing booked yet Ill see how things play out and how múch we enjoy ourselfves in Silom.

Apologies for the long winded opening post I know its a big scatter gunned but hopefully some BMS will chip in with some advice and thoughts.  I will also like some adivce about Sunne Plaza and Jomtein Complex but Ill leave that for a future post and concentrate ón Bangkok for now

Hopefully  I might even get a chance to meet up with some BMS while Im there ill gladly buy you a beer.

I like that you express concern about how your ladyboy friend will be treated in various places as indeed it may vary. Hope those familiar with saunas , DJ , Babylon etc will chip in.

As for boys attitude in may vary depending boy  and on full scale , I met some who professed to love ladyboys but also those who took it as insult when I asked them if they like them.

So only advice for 3-some would be to have  friend engaged in boy selection process and make sure boy knows who third partner will be. But to tell the truth it's advice which  is applicable to all 3-some situations  one partner select another one and you give a blessing and pay.

I like that you express concern about how your ladyboy friend will be treated in various places as indeed it may vary. Hope those familiar with saunas , DJ , Babylon etc will chip in.

As for boys attitude in may vary depending boy and on full scale , I met some who professed to love ladyboys but also those who took it as insult when I asked them if they like them.

So only advice for 3-some would be to have friend engaged in boy selection process and make sure boy knows who third partner will be. But to tell the truth it's advice which is applicable to all 3-some situations one partner select another one and you give a blessing and pay.

Yes I agree it was my gf who picked the boy fir 3some in November and it all went very well indeed

As regards hotels it’s always the Tarntawan for me. I know it’s more expensive and I know some people don’t like it, but it’s got all the advantages of being gay (well it used to be totally gay) and being in the right location.

Plus they have seen it all. You could bring back half of Soi Twilight and they wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

As regards hotels it’s always the Tarntawan for me. I know it’s more expensive and I know some people don’t like it, but it’s got all the advantages of being gay (well it used to be totally gay) and being in the right location.

Plus they have seen it all. You could bring back half of Soi Twilight and they wouldn’t bat an eyelid.

So there would be no problem Bringing back another boy or even two with me and my gf. Obviously we will be checking in as a couple but a lot of hotels charge a joiner fee fir a 3rd person or more. So with Tartawan there would be no additional joiner fee fir 3some or even 4 some.

Thanks fir the info that may just be the clincher to book there

Interesting inquiry for ladyboy acceptance in bangkok. Its not a topic often discussed here so it got me thinking of instances where i see ladyboy when ive been in bkk. First of all, there are a bunch of them all over thailand and it seems like they all fit in just fine, even in regular establishments like hotels as the receptionist, waiters at normal restaurant etc. So i dont think u need to worry about that. In many of the gay gogobars, most of the mamasan are in fact ladyboy or ladyboy to be, and they also have ladyboy and drag queen shows as part of the routine. So your friend who stays in sukhumvit might miss a really great shows if he dont join you in silom. Dreamboy and xboy shows features lady boy as their main events too. Nantra silom has a ladyboy who work as their receptionist.

Cant help you on the sauna seen in bangkok, but ive been to gay sauna at home and at other places, at there are ladyboys who work at those sauna too, though ive never seen a ladyboy as a customer and walk around naked in the sauna ive visited. I guess they would have stand out more than the rest for sure, but again, its my guess only, no real experience.

Interesting inquiry for ladyboy acceptance in bangkok. Its not a topic often discussed here so it got me thinking of instances where i see ladyboy when ive been in bkk. First of all, there are a bunch of them all over thailand and it seems like they all fit in just fine, even in regular establishments like hotels as the receptionist, waiters at normal restaurant etc. So i dont think u need to worry about that. In many of the gay gogobars, most of the mamasan are in fact ladyboy or ladyboy to be, and they also have ladyboy and drag queen shows as part of the routine. So your friend who stays in sukhumvit might miss a really great shows if he dont join you in silom. Dreamboy and xboy shows features lady boy as their main events too. Nantra silom has a ladyboy who work as their receptionist.

Cant help you on the sauna seen in bangkok, but ive been to gay sauna at home and at other places, at there are ladyboys who work at those sauna too, though ive never seen a ladyboy as a customer and walk around naked in the sauna ive visited. I guess they would have stand out more than the rest for sure, but again, its my guess only, no real experience.

Thanks for your reply, I’m really curious on how she is perceived in the gay community per say both bythe gay thai community and indeed BMs on here in general. I don’t want her to feel uncomfortable in the gay bars clubs and Gogobars and I dont think she will in fairness. She will enjoy oogling all the hott boys just as much as I will.

I find it funny but Iv been a member of the Pattaya ladyboy forum for over four years and I have to laugh at most of the guys on there who are at pains to disassociate then selves from the gay community and are in denial about their sexuality to a certain extent.

I must thank a one of your members on here Vessey whose excellent trip report I thoroughly enjoyed on the ladyboy forum and opened up mind to a whole new delightful world. And here I am today on this forum looking forward to frequenting the gay bars and clubs of Bangkok and Pattaya in the near future. But I’m digressing and getting way off topic. This conversation is fior another thread me thinks.

Hey Bobby, as for hotels and gym, I now stay at the Raya (used to be regular at Tarntawan but have since changed to Raya) and find it very nice there with no problems taking guests back to the room and it's right next door to the boy bars as well as just down the road from the other bars. You may find the Raya is more inclined toward the Japanese but hey nothing is perfect and is still a fine hotel. For the gym, when in Bangkok I go to Clark Hatch fitness in Thaniya Plaza which is just a short walk from the Raya, straight up soi Thaniya and only 5 minutes walk. Clark Hatch may be a little more expensive than other gyms but being only 5 minute walk from hotel I have no complaints, not too sure if it's still available but the Tarntawan used to have discounts for Clark Hatch which chopped about 100 baht off each day if you bought the ticket at Tarntawan. P.S. Ladyboy lover here too but then I'm bi so it works in nicely with my fun times but my ultimate is 3somes with a girl and boy.

Yes I agree it was my gf who picked the boy fir 3some in November and it all went very well indeed

very wise, I learned my lesson once when I  just picked up boy hoping that another boy I already had in my room will like him as much as I do. It did not work intended way at all and I guess all 3 of us were bit disappointed  

Hey Bobby, as for hotels and gym, I now stay at the Raya (used to be regular at Tarntawan but have since changed to Raya) and find it very nice there with no problems taking guests back to the room and it's right next door to the boy bars as well as just down the road from the other bars. You may find the Raya is more inclined toward the Japanese but hey nothing is perfect and is still a fine hotel. For the gym, when in Bangkok I go to Clark Hatch fitness in Thaniya Plaza which is just a short walk from the Raya, straight up soi Thaniya and only 5 minutes walk. Clark Hatch may be a little more expensive than other gyms but being only 5 minute walk from hotel I have no complaints, not too sure if it's still available but the Tarntawan used to have discounts for Clark Hatch which chopped about 100 baht off each day if you bought the ticket at Tarntawan. P.S. Ladyboy lover here too but then I'm bi so it works in nicely with my fun times but my ultimate is 3somes with a girl and boy.

Tmax thank you for your input and I’ll definitely check out Clark Hatch appreciate the directions to gym aswell.

So there would be no problem Bringing back another boy or even two with me and my gf. Obviously we will be checking in as a couple but a lot of hotels charge a joiner fee fir a 3rd person or more. So with Tartawan there would be no additional joiner fee fir 3some or even 4 some.

Thanks fir the info that may just be the clincher to book there

No problem. Been there, done that! No joiner fee.

Focusing on the OP's mention of saunas, I wouldn't recommend Babylon Sauna- and I suspect other saunas would be much the same .The guys who frequent  it tend invariably to be straight-acting. I have seen a lady-boy there- co-incidentally, only two weeks ago but she looked forlorn and unappreciated despite being good-looking, at least in my estimation.

Can’t make up my mind on the Raya or the Tarntawan.

Tarntawan has the added bonus of no joiner fee fir a third or even fourth guest.

Raya seems to be a more modern hotel less run down. Does the Raya charge a joiner fee for a third guest.

Which hotel is closer to the bars

If you choose Tarntawan, ask to talk with "Mack" if you have any problems.  He was a bellman when I made my first bkk trip and now can also be found behind the desk in multiple roles. Always found him eager to help.

The elevator guard, bellman and sometimes waiter is a sweetheart who also was on hand 16 years ago.  He works the 0600 to 1800 shift. Never seen him when he wasn't smiling; loves his job.

I’ve been a guest at each hotel more than once. My current choice is The Raya.

Tarntawan is close to Tawan, Nature Boys, Super A and many massage places. And a few minutes walk from Twilight.

The Raya is just a few feet / meters from a Twilight and the Gogo clubs, Hot Male, Dreamboys, Freshboys, etc.

I shifted from the Tarntawan changed ownership and the many of the staff were let go and the customer base shifted. Tour groups appeared...the gay vibe was muted. The Raya doesn’t have a gay vibe...usually the guests include many Japanese golfers.

The Raya just asks that guests stop at the desk ...somewhat similar to Tarntawan...no fee.

Note - the former Tarntawan manager, Lukas, is managing a Tarntawan Apartments...on the corner where Tawan is. I haven’t stayed there but I’m told it’s good value and Lukas looks after his guests.

So in summary, you have two good choices. Neither hotel is far from the clubs or bars.

I have just booked the Raya. Thanks for the advice and input from everyone. 10 weeks until holiday

you would be happy there, don't worry about multiple guests , been there , done that, nobody blinked an eye when I had two boys in tow to help me to celebrate birthday.

Japanese golfers sometimes go down for breakfast with boys too, not just with girls.