Nikom

Jomtien and GoGo

I think the authorities doesn't willing to give licenses to go go bars in this area.

I was curious about this on my last visit and asked one of the bar owners in the Jomtien Complex. His explanation was that the complex was zoned residential. This meant it was OK to have bars and restaurants but to have a go-go style bar it would have to be re-zoned as an entertainment area.

He expressed the hope that this would happen sooner rather than later!

It may surprise some that Pattaya does have planning zones and Jomtien as mentioned is not an entertainment zone. As Pattaya develops the pressures to decrease not increase the entertainment zones will grow. There is one go-go bar opposite VT7 on Tappraya that has been there forever and is apparently grandfathered as it is rumored to be police owned. Some may remember the old, short-lived Rock Hard Boys but there show was unadvertised, behind closed doors.

Guest frequentflier

Surely there are enough go go bars in Pattaya.Jomtien complex is doing just fine without one.I remember Rock hard boys it was very small and they never seemed to have change in the till,come to think of it they rarely had any cold beer if beer at all.The american guy there was nice but it died off.Montys had some kind of show if the boys turned up for work..All history now.