reader

Brits party hardy

The Sun, one of the UK's many tabloids, seems to take much pleasure in displaying the booze-fueled behavior of its own citizenry vacationing in the LOS. 

So what? They're on holiday, they're young and they're horny. And I don't think Thais are tiring of the pounds they bring to exchange for baht. Just wish I was that young again.

nintchdbpict000382333499.jpg?strip=all&w

Continues with photos...many, many photos

https://www.thesun.co.uk/travel/5486982/will-thailand-be-the-next-country-to-tire-of-boozy-brits-pictures-show-drunk-tourists-behaving-badly-in-countrys-top-holiday-spots/

------------

And if you think Brits party hardy, you should have been downtown Philadelphia after the Eagles, huge underdogs going into the game, shocked the New England Patriots, 41-33, Sunday night in the highest-scoring Superbowl ever.  Philly fans celebrated accordingly.

From CNN

180204232500-56-super-bowl-2018-exlarge-

180205000522-61-super-bowl-2018-exlarge-

I have had 17 trips to Thailand since 2009 and during that time I have seen a clear increase in the number of younger (say under 30 years old) farang tourists - and not just from the UK

Places like the infamous Soi 6 have changed beyond recognition as a consequence. What was a double row of sixty odd enclosed bars where you basically went to shag the girls has turned into a large proportion of 'open' party bars - yes there are still girls a plenty, but bar profits now derive more from young guys drinking and partying hard each night. 

Another consequence is that the younger, prettier girls are getting more picky about their customers, who wants to shag a fat, balding old farang with bad teeth when you can get the same money from a 20 something hunk?

The Sun newspaper seems to aim for the same demographic these days. Sensationalism and sex sells newspapers and so they major on it and at the same time fuelling the interest of younger guys to venture to Thailand for their holidays.

Still plenty of fun for us oldies to enjoy - but Pattaya is still a young city and it continues to evolve.

Perhaps I should look harder, but I haven't noticed any increase in the number of young farang tourists in Thailand since 2008.

This may be because I avoid the places where they go.

Reasons why more youngsters may travel:

1 Improvement in global economy since 2008 (global financial crises).

Reasons why more youngster might not travel to Thailand:

1 Increased debt after University (UK)

2 Falling Pound. Due to exchange rate movements, we now need £1.44 to buy the same number of Baht that £1 would buy 10 years ago.