Jez1980

Soi Twilight closing....what?

2 hours ago, z909 said:

The banner says Fresh Boys will move to Banana Boys Soi 4.

However, there is another  Fresh Boys above Screwboys, which was still open last month.    [I went in at about 10:05pm on the promise that the show started at 10:30, which would give me 25 minutes to find a boy & clear off.  However the ****ing ladyboys started just before 10:15....]

What is the story here ?  Does it have no connection to the original Fresh Boys ?    Sort of a "Fresh Fresh Boys".      Has the new premises closed ?    Or are they expanding the branch count, just like Starbucks ?

I think they want 2 create a franchise of Fresh Boys, he he. The one above Screwboys is Fresh Boys 2...and the one that will open will probably be Fresh Boys 1 since the original from Soi Twilight will relocate there, just a wild guess, ha ha

1 hour ago, paulsf said:

FreshBoys Twilight is moving upstairs over Banana Bar Soi 4 in a partnership April 4.   FreshBoys Patpong will remain open.    

keep an eye on developments for us. Sad duty but we can only hope that something interesting and fresh arise from soi Twilight ashes.

Perhaps in 5 years we even say that we like what we have, fingers crossed !

Any word of what will happen to Bangkok Massage? I will miss tat place the most

Bangkok Massage at the moment has no plans. I asked a couple of boys there the other night where will they go.   They said no jobs lined up but will look when the place closes.   

Bangkok Massage and XBoys have same ownership.   Some rumblings that they were looking at something in Patpong 2. I don’t take to much stock in this rumor just yet.  Some long term XBoys staff have found new jobs, so it doesn’t sound like they were waiting around for something to happen.  

15 hours ago, witty said:

All bars are closed tonight. 

A banner outside Fresh Boys tonight.  Door opened but no boys,  just a few minders loitering about. 

One of them told me that they will be open on Sunday. 

Nice photos.  Until the other day you could get the "Fresh Boys will close" sign in the same frame as a "This Soi is Not Closing" sign. ;)

As far as I know everything will indeed be back to normal tonight (Sunday).  

I understand reader bumping this thread (well, I sort of understand), but now we've just got two threads on the same soi twilight closing.   

It is election day here, so I vote people stick with the other thread (Soi Twilight Rumors), because it was, until reader's folly, the one that people were using to report.

38 minutes ago, witty said:

There are still vacant shop houses at the end of the cul  de  sac just beyond Jupiter. It will only be a matter of whose pocket is the deepest and penetrate furthest, and stay longest.

Sadly those premises have, over the years, been inspected as possible venues for something or the other (at one time even a gay hotel) but they were so decrepit they would need to be completely demolished and start again.

I don't know how the family would react to that.

And it wouldn't be feasible for yearly lease renewal without  guarantee that the lease would be renewed the following year.

2 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

I understand reader bumping this thread (well, I sort of understand), but now we've just got two threads on the same soi twilight closing.   

It is election day here, so I vote people stick with the other thread (Soi Twilight Rumors), because it was, until reader's folly, the one that people were using to report.

Guess I didn't do a adequate job of explaining why I bumped this thread. But it was assuredly not to compete with or substitute for the other thread about soi Twilight. It was to demonstrate that that well over a year ago that members began speculating on the future of the soi and its many venues.

As I read back over the seven pages posts, I was impressed by the scores of members who participated. Even before the first page of entries was filled, Patpong 2 had been identified as suitable alternate location along with Soi 4. It seems that members had a good sense of how the next 12 months or so might actually unfold. They proved pretty sage in their thinking

I don't believe that anyone should feel threatened because more than one thread is running about the same topic. And I agree that it sensible to place new posts about Twilight in the other thread going forward. But that should not diminish the contributions members made earlier before the Soi Twilight Rumors thread came on line a year later.

And I hardly think that my calling attention to the original thread constitutes a folly, election day or not.

never too many threads about soi Twilight, I agree it was interesting to read all those rumors and speculations and compare to future reality.

Painful reality for me I haste to add because not only I like  soi Twilight but at the same  time  I don't like soi 4. But I guess if we don't have what we like we must like what we have

I don't think the market for bars charging 500 baht a drink in Pattaya is that large.    The Bangkok gogo bars need to relocate within Silom.   The Screwboys soi is one obvious location.