Jez1980

Soi Twilight closing....what?

3 hours ago, vinapu said:

with 2 boy bars in such small soi it may create some gay momentum there and in time more can arrive and it may become soi's Twilight replacement, just daydreaming

There's an old adage that goes something like this: the best place to open an antique shop is right beside another antique shop. The rationale being that people who visit antique shops are looking for something that catches their eye. They're more likely to visit all such shops in the vicinity in that quest. And since stock turnover is frequent, they tend to return to the area and continue the pursuit of their hobby.

For years Twilight fulfilled this function and there's no inherent reason why Patpong 2 can not.

I don't think it's been mentioned before in this context but there's a small, pocket size bar on Patpong 2 that's situated in the vicinity of Screwboys and it caters to a gay clientele. It's open on two sides, has a large-screen TV behind the bar and maybe a 10 tables.  I've never seen more than a few customers there. But it's located nearly opposite Dreamboy Paradisio, I believe, and should afford a good perch to view the comings and goings on the soi.

Admittedly it's too soon to tell how this all falls out but I've become increasingly optimistic as I hear about the all the moves in progress.

So dream on, Vinapu.

8 hours ago, abidismaili said:

By the way there still is a sign to the right of the entrance: "This soi we go on for 6 years". The same text in Thai and Chinese.

Above another sign "This soi is not going to close".

Why dont they remove it? Very confusing.

Maybe they mean the soi will not close YET...

as of tonight only 3 places left open.  Dreamboys, Hot Male and Maxi’s.   With most of the bright lights turned off Twilight was very dark.  Few unsuspecting tourists walking thru were surprised but told places to see in Patpong and they quickly walked off.   No customers at Dreamboys or Hot Male around 10.    I hung out at Maxi’s from 8-10.   Anywhere from 5 customers to none. Quick drink and gone. No food was served in the 2 hours I was there.   I have a hard time believing there will be anything to see in a couple of weeks,  

there were some workmen in FreshBoys taking things apart.  A few Massageboys from Bangkok Massage were  cleaning out lockers.  One mention they will have new location in about a month and that most of the guys have gone home and will come back for new place. 

A lawyer working for the Soi was wandering around with a couple of police officers.   They were just checking that everyone that was supposed to be gone was.   It was said that tomorrow they will wall off the right hand side of the Soi.   If it looked dark and depressing tonight, tomorrow will really be depressing.      

13 hours ago, DrimVoiz said:

The bars in Soi Twilight are relocated...mostly in Patpong 2...though some are still open til end of April (like Dream Boy)...

Any chance Maxis will stay open until the end of April. Paulsf ??  I’m there from 19th April and just want one more night to remember. 

11 minutes ago, paulsf said:

Dreamboys Twilight was saying last night that they are staying open till the end of April.   But considering last night there were no customers we will have to see if they hang in there till the end.  

Are there even any boys left?

23 minutes ago, hank75 said:

Did DB’s owner sell the bar? As in the new Paradiso is now under new ownership, only the brand has been retained?

Yes. I heard the German owner sold the bar and the new Dreamboy Paradiso is solely owned by a Thai owner according to a veteran Dreamboy boy.

Al these gay bars moving to Patpong must mean they are replacing other business there. No new bars are being build, they just move to an existing building. So what type of bars in Patpong are doing so bad that they have to stop their business, so the Soi Twilight bars can go in??

And what a luck for the Soi Twilight bars. What if there was no room in Patpong that now miraculously becomes available ? Then they all had to spread out in stead of being concentrated in one area?