Jez1980

Soi Twilight closing....what?

Well no, its songkran and the water will spash everyting clean, I guess.

But now that I read this from near home and very far away from BKK, its still a bit of a shock that this all went suddenly so sudden.

Let's see how they fare in that str8 location and for how long. Surprised me a bit that they did not move to the very old gay area, where SuperA and Gld Cock are still located and from what I saw/remember, a fair lot of empty spaces. There used to be far more gay places there long, long ago.

Or maybe being that closer they are now able to attract more custom from curious str8ers who were completely unaware about that soi so nearby before?

21 minutes ago, pong said:

Or maybe being that closer they are now able to attract more custom from curious str8ers who were completely unaware about that soi so nearby before?

I think that's the idea.

soi  where Super A and Golden Cock are is low traffic area and it would take  a lot of advertising to increase night traffic there 

40 minutes ago, pong said:

But now that I read this from near home and very far away from BKK, its still a bit of a shock that this all went suddenly so sudden.

Let's see how they fare in that str8 location and for how long. Surprised me a bit that they did not move to the very old gay area, where SuperA and Gld Cock are still located and from what I saw/remember, a fair lot of empty spaces. There used to be far more gay places there long, long ago.

Well, it's been the subject--in this very thread--for a year now so not all that "suddenly so sudden".

As far as Patpong 2 being a "str8" location, Bangkok is the last place on earth that I'd consider straight 8.

I think this is as close as you'll likely come to a true "str8" in the LOS...

image.png.e45761cc3e169407c29c255d6b58649c.png

4 hours ago, DivineMadman said:

FYI BKK'ers - Tonight (Tuesday) is last call for the shops on the "left" side - Dream Boys, Maxi's and the Hot Males.  

The only one I'm actually certain of is Maxi's, but I think they were all closing up on the same night.

I hear that Hot Male(s) may be staying open until the end of the month, so there's still a reason to cross Surawong..  

18 hours ago, pong said:

Surprised me a bit that they did not move to the very old gay area, where SuperA and Gld Cock are still located and from what I saw/remember, a fair lot of empty spaces. There used to be far more gay places there long, long ago.

The only other gay place I recall in that area from long ago is Super Lek. Super A used to be across the soi from its present location. Barbiery relocated into the 3rd floor of a new building opposite Nature Boys after its move from the far better location on Suriwong opposite Soi Twilight around the year 2000. This was a disaster. Hardly any customers and dreadful layout. Having been one of the most in-demand gogo bars for 15 years or so, in the new location It died after little more than a year.

I respectfully disagree. I dont think it an ideal gay location. There is no room there for roadside beer bars which have been a key part of Twilight for some years. Also the road going past Nature Boys and Golden Cock is often quite busy with traffic. Over the last 10 years I can recall 3 other bars that opened in that subsoi with Super A. Solid lasted around 5 years I guess. Neither of the other 2 attracted more than a handful of customers and quickly died. 

7 hours ago, ggobkk said:

Last time I checked, Rome is still going strong. 

Definitely not the old Rome Club in Silom Soi 4. As another poster indicated, it died around 25 years ago!

5 hours ago, martinsen said:

In contrast to many of you I say good riddance to Soi Twilight.  Always disliked the places there.  Overpriced dumps with aggravating mamasans.

so what you like? You just said in another thread that you don't frequent Jupiter as well.

Nothing wrong with being,  say on Tawan or Screwboys monodiet, I tried it myself and kind of liked it so just asking