Jez1980

Soi Twilight closing....what?

I will be very happy if this bars will relocate to Pattaya it will revive the gay scene in Pattaya and it will be a good alternative to BBB at Boyz Town .

bars can relocate but will their clients relocate as well ? By statistic sample of comments of  posters on gay forums it looks that most have their priorities  in Bangkok vs. Pattaya question firmly set.

bars can relocate but will their clients relocate as well ? By statistic sample of comments of posters on gay forums it looks that most have their priorities in Bangkok vs. Pattaya question firmly set.

Not set at all, clients will go where they will find!.....Do you think the clientel is in BKK for the temples?

I doubt owners in Bangkok would move to Pattaya. They have their lives , homes, family and friends in the city. They will find places to relocate or call it quits.

While many customers would go to Pattaya, I know of some, including myself that would not. If the whole scene moved to Pattaya my trips to Thailand would probably end or be considerably shortened.

But Jupiter, Screwboys, and now Hot Male are out of Twilight. So all is not lost and I think moves to Pattaya are premature.

What is one of the things that lead to the success of a bar? LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION. There was a dreamboys in pattaya, it was not anything like the bkk bar.

Will the pattaya bar have bkk staff or will it staff with pattaya guys?

If I was a bkk bar owner I would encourage all my competition to go to pattaya where all the other bars are. But I would find a good spot in bkk.

Maybe the increasingly bad air pollution in Bangkok will drive the bar owners out of Bangkok to Pattaya for the safety, health and well being of their families, employees and their customers!!

I am sure the air quality will be of great concern to the BKK bar owners contimplating relocating their bars....Lol

who is visiting the BKK bars now? is it tourists? expats? locals?

Indeed some people enjoy Bangkok because it's a metropolis with a lot of things to do and things to see. And then they spend their evenings out at the bars. 

Sure, you might get some people who are purely sex tourists heading directly to Pattaya instead. But gay bars are dying everywhere. Most likely these places will just disappear.

in meantime new rumors appeared on Gaybutton's forum I guess that execution may be delayed  until well into next year

the second post on page 1  the GB thread by Trongpai on Feb 8 quoted venue owners saying leases would not be renewed after May 1 2018

the last post on page 4 of the GB thread by bobsaigon3 on Feb 15 mentions a staffer's vague comment of "maybe one year from now" - so nothing much "new" here after more than a week of breathless speculation on multiple forums as to why the venues have not yet updated their web sites about their imminent move to a new location and why they are not all rushing to set up in Pattaya

I must admit I tend to agree with Trongpai's prediction in his original post - "I don't know if the fat lady is singing but I hear her behind the stage warming up her voice" but the ongoing forum speculation continues to be fascinating as most forum speculation is!

bkkguy

What about the complex that holds Arena massage? I could see that being turned into a gay bar mini mall of sorts.

Bangkok has many pockets and streets just waiting for development.

Good point buck, last I was there that complex looked very quiet, wonder just how much is not in use there. Could certainly house Bonny and Bangkok massage

Good point buck, last I was there that complex looked very quiet, wonder just how much is not in use there. Could certainly house Bonny and Bangkok massage

premises of former HIS massage , long gone,  are still vacated , presumably with sauna intact . 

Remember place fondly as it was my first ever Thai boy venue I visited .

There seem to be lots of little sois in the Silom area that could become the future Soi Twilghts. The problem as I see it is that the  Center of the city is becoming much more built up and the rest must eventually become a target for developers. We already know that huge chunks of Rama 4 from the Sam Yan to Klong Toey MRT stations are due for massive redevelopment over the next few years. Sathorn is already built up. The chances are that lower Silom could be next. 

So even if a soi could be found at reasonable rents, what guarantee would bar owners have that that soi will not next on the list for demolition. It even makes me wonder what is the future for Soi 4. All I know is that the owners live in the house behind the gates at the end of the soi. Obviously they must be making good money in rentals at present. But at what point do they say the developers money is too good and well well out? 

I am curious how many people that live in Bangkok actually live near Soi Twilight or have to commute to get there.  My point is that as the gay men move out of the center of the city, much like Chelsea in NYC, other areas popped up that housed gay bars and gay areas.

Do you  know the place that houses B and N massage?  Well, that would be a good place IMHO as it is convenient for BTS and some of the major hotels and not that close to the city to need fast redevelopment. 

If you look at how much will be spent on the Dusit, you know that the entire area around there will be gone soon as well.

Meanwhile even area around pratunam still exists slump area in the nook and cranny of their small soi. I doubt any redevelopment in thailand will totally get rid of their seedy businesses. But definitely will affect big bar businesses like dreamboy and the like.