Wheelz

Bars or Apps

i know its not a norm here, but several websites i used, review of MBs are more frequent than say a trip report, where details of the mbs and their attitude, pics vs reality, massage skills, sex, dick size, and what theyll do or not is listed as part of the reviews, making it easier for us to pick and choose.

Please enlighten the unenlightened!  Where are these websites?  Or forums / fora?

My last visit to Thailand was just a few months ago - my first in a number of years, since I changed careers, etc., etc. 

I had planned to re-create my old habits (I have made multiple trips each year for about 10 years starting in about 2000)... generally busy and fun days concluding with a visit to a Soi Twilight gogo bar of my choice....

BUT - it all seemed so different this past year. From the moment I stepped into the bar (Fresh Beach?) I was pressured to tip: the boys, the waiter, the second waiter, the mamasan... to buy drinks for everyone and their relative.... to buy another drink before I had finished my first... and so on and so on. Everyone was an obnoxious and pushy hustler.

I would not endure this in any country... and certainly would never elect such treatment. I left, never to return, and went back to having fun at the massage parlors, on guys via Romeo and Hornet.... and guys that I encounter on the streets.

No turning back - my Twilight activities going forward will be restricted to a leisurely drink at one of the terrace bars.

No turning back - my Twilight activities going forward will be restricted to a leisurely drink at one of the terrace bars.

It's a little harsh to write off all the gogo bars based on one bad experience.

I had no pressure at all on visits to Classic Boys and Screw Boys back in December.

Classic Boys used to be very pushy, but their evil mamasans seem to have been given the boot & I was left in peace on the most recent visit.

I hope they have not re-settled to Fresh Beach Boys.

Maybe you could try one or two more bars ?

Guest topjohn5

I use both and I like both. I tend to use apps in BKK and more bars in Pattaya and since I don't spend as much time in BKK as Pattaya the bars tend to get more of my action. I rarely use massage parlors....since it feels to me like a kind of distant experience and not nearly as engaging. I like long-time dates far more than short-time ones too and a massage is truly a short -time thing.

Bars certainly cost more, that's a fact, but I enjoy hanging out in some of them. Mamasans to me are very hit-and-miss although I have some that are helpful and others that are worthless, lol.

When I go to Thailand this May I will stay 3 nights in BKK then 7 in Pattaya then go visit my house (lol) then return to BKK for 1 night before leaving. The first night in BKK I am making no plans and visiting bars and if I don't find what I like I have already several boys on the apps to call on. Then, the next two nights, are booked already on the apps....one with a new boy and one with a previous treasured boy who will also go with me on my house trip. In Pattaya it's wide open with bars and boys in apps and probably one previous boy who Christian likes as well.

As a note...I will spend several days in Cambodia and a couple of weeks in the Philippines before Thailand.

BUT - it all seemed so different this past year. From the moment I stepped into the bar (Fresh Beach?) I was pressured to tip: the boys, the waiter, the second waiter, the mamasan... to buy drinks for everyone and their relative.... to buy another drink before I had finished my first... and so on and so on. Everyone was an obnoxious and pushy hustler.

I would not endure this in any country... and certainly would never elect such treatment. I left, never to return,...

Interesting how people react differently to requests for tips.

As long as they don't block the view to stage, it doesn't affect me at all.

I rather see it as a contest who is more persistent, and I always win!

One time when there is nothing interesting on stage, I might even elaborate to staff how many meals I could have, how far I could travel by bus or train, how many nights I could stay in a basic hotel, for the price of the drink in the bar.

Interesting how people react differently to requests for tips.

As long as they don't block the view to stage, it doesn't affect me at all.

I rather see it as a contest who is more persistent, and I always win!

Generally, I can also deal with mamasan harassment, although the previous Classic Boys mamasans actually were starting to spoil the experience.

If they harass me for tips, that means they are definitely not getting a tip. 

The only time they do get a tip is if they stay out of the way and are helpful when I need them to be.

If one insists on sitting next to me, my methods are ignoring them, asking them to go a way (when they are a real pain) or telling them I'm here to look at the boys when they try & hold a conversation.  

Shuffling along the seat so they have no room to sit next to me is another tactic which works in some bars.

I must look as the last sort of an asshole because pestering mamasans are last of my bar problems. I have no problem of telling them that I tip boys only , on another hand if they behave or behaved and were helpful in the past  I don't mind slipping them 50 baht here and there. Specially I have fond memories of Screwboys mamasans.

But generally they rather ignore me , fully deserved treatment. I found that short " I like girls" sends signal 'leave me alone"