Nikom

Jomtien Host Bars Details?

Did a lot of searching on this site about bars in Jomtien.  Didn’t find too many details.  Here are some details about a few bars.  Can the rest of you help with this list and details?

• Sun Bar:  attentive boys
  •  
  • The Venue:  Cambodian boys
  •  
  • @home:  Cambodian boys
  •  
  • Your Bar:  Cambodian boys
  •  
  • Bamboo Bar:  Cambodian Boys
  •  
  • X-Men

Can the rest of you help with this list and details?

•  
  • The Venue:  Cambodian boys
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Cockatoo:   Australian owned bar.  Nice to sit and relax and there are boyz.
  •  
  •  
  • X-Men
  •  
  • 2 Donna Bar: not on same soi as other bars. Located on soi approaching The Venue. Attentive boyz, Cambodian mostly.

I would have thought that the Venue was more famous for its Thai showboys than Cambodian Boys

There is also loads of other bars:

M2M - another showbar

Big Kiss - mostly thai guys

4T - mostly Thai guys

Man Bar - mostly Thai guys

BC bar - mostly Cambodian guys

Elysium

Moon Bar

Question Mark/QM bar

Tommys Place - has some shows

Plus I'm sure loads of others that I have never spotted or entered

At 4pm some of the boys are already up and about looking prim and proper waiting for potential customers.

Indeed, a regular works in 4T bar and he told me he starts work 4 pm, so when I invited him to my room for 6 pm I gave him an additional 300 Baht for off fee. I'm posting this to ask for confirmation as the only source for this information I have is the boy.

Thanks for all the info.  Any other details?  Please add.

•  
  • The Venue:  Cambodian boys.  I would have thought that the Venue was more famous for its Thai showboys than Cambodian Boys
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • X-Men
  •  
  • 2 Donna Bar: not on same soi as other bars. Located on soi approaching The Venue. Attentive boyz, Cambodian mostly.
  •  
  • M2M - another showbar
  •  
  • Big Kiss - mostly thai guys
  •  
  • 4T - mostly Thai guys
  •  
  • Man Bar - mostly Thai guys
  •  
  • BC bar - mostly Cambodian guys
  •  
  • Elysium
  •  
  • Moon Bar
  •  
  • Question Mark/QM bar
  •  
  • Tommys Place - has some shows
  •  
  • Dolce Vita
  •  

often speak better English

Yes they often do.   Of course there is a big variation in ability, but the average English level of a Khmer bar boy seems to be above that of the Thais.   I presume the Thais who paid attention at school have other nice jobs open to them, whereas the Khmer do not.

One of the better examples was Didi, met at Blue Chilli in Phnom Penh.  He was something of a raconteur & could keep several farang fascinated in his stories for an hour or two.    

I also have fond memories of the look of disgust from the fat female farang, as this small lad accompanies me to breakfast, in a sleeveless white T-shirt & small white shorts.   She didn't say anything, but I'm sure he would have had a good answer.   He was about 26 at the time.

My experience of Cambodian workers in PP and SR is that they definitely speak better English than the average Thai worker

However the Cambodian boys in the bars not always so...

In terms of their bodies, in general I have found that the Cambodians do a lot more "manscaping" around their nether regions compared to their Thai counterparts, they also seem to have less hair in general down there...

To counter that nature gave them much thicker facial hair and a lot are capable of growing strong beards.... which can cause beard rash and sore lips for an unsuspecting customer!

(note that the above is a generalization, but my findings are based over a fairly large sample size!)

Besides their language skills how are they in bad and as companionship?

I don't think it can be generalized by nationality. Performance goes by the boy and customer, not by where either one is coming from.

The same boy may be gem for me and waste of money for somebody else, may dump you in the middle of bar to go with other client and year or two later given a chance for redemption  may turn out to be as close to boyfriend -like performance as possible

( those following my reports my recall what I'm are talking about).

So no, I don't think one nationality trumps other  but at the same breath I must say I have consistent good luck with Lao boys. But it's my good luck, not  a  universal  rule. 

Thanks for all the info.  Any other details?  Please add.

•  
  • The Venue:  Cambodian boys.  I would have thought that the Venue was more famous for its Thai showboys than Cambodian Boys
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • X-Men
  •  
  •  
  • M2M - another showbar
  •  
  •  
  • 4T - mostly Thai guys
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Elysium
  •  
  • Moon Bar
  •  
  • Question Mark/QM bar
  •  
  •  
  • Dolce Vita
  •  

Sun bar in particular has a number of Laos boys.......great to talk with, as all naturally Lao/Issan/Thai speakers as well as good English, very keen and nice attitude. In my experience they seem keener to interact here and approach rather than the more 'leave you alone till you ask' style in some other Jomtien Bars. 

The @ Home Bar was my chill bar of choice last couple of trips,

They do open at 4pm, and kinda open with the 'B Team', the 'A Team' seem to arrive later - almost as and when. Some may therefore be freelance I suppose, I don't know.

But I can confirm that the all appear to be Cambodian and their English skills vary hugely often proportionate to the length of time they have worked here. 

They have a good FaceBook page for their various events. 

New Details added:   THANKS!

• Sun Bar:  attentive boys; a number of Laos boys.  In my experience they seem keener to interact here and approach rather than the more 'leave you alone till you ask' style in some other Jomtien Bars. 
  •  
  •  
  •  @home:  Cambodian boys.  They do open at 4pm, and kinda open with the 'B Team', the 'A Team' seem to arrive later - almost as and when. Some may therefore be freelance I suppose, I don't know.  But I can confirm that the all appear to be Cambodian and their English skills vary hugely often proportionate to the length of time they have worked here. 
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • X-Men
  •  
  •  
  • M2M - another showbar
  •  
  •  
  • 4T - mostly Thai guys
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • Elysium
  •  
  • Moon Bar
  •  
  • Question Mark/QM bar
  •  
  •  
  • Dolce Vita

Besides their language skills how are they in bad and as companionship?

From a large sampling of Khmer and Myanmar boys, both free and paid, they are better than the Thai (in all aspects: English, sex, attitude, character).

A huge sampling of Thai boys, free and paid, serves as average.

A small sampling of Vietnamese boys was sub-par, so I don't take Vietnamese boys any more (has been discussed in detail elsewhere).

However this is biased: those boys from neighboring countries who come to Thailand are the mentally and physically above the average of their country, whereas in Thailand I speak Thai and get into contact with every village idiot, who wouldn't find the way from one end of the village to the other.