Guest topjohn5

Pattaya Morlam music dates

I doubt anyone can tell you a date this far in advance

It seems to be more if a word of mouth thing. As soon as 1 event is finished the banners for the next one go up

I can guarantee that there will be on April 18th for Wan Lai/Songkran, so the signs for May will no doubt go up after that

Note that there are 2 (main) morlam fields in Pattaya now...

1. The old site next to TumnanChon- where yourself, myself and Smiles went many many moons ago!
  2. The one on what used to be the site of X-Zyte disco

Guest topjohn5

Thanks Colmx! I thought you might chime-in on this topic. I didn't know about the second site and appreciate that info very much.

I do enjoy those concerts as much for the boys as for the concert itself, lol....but then again I like Songkran too so I'm a little weird I know.

In your opinion what is the best indoor place for Isaan music now?

Sinlapin Issan had usurped Tumnan Issan As the no.1 indoor issan pub on my last trip back in January

Due to its relatively close vicinity to Sunee it has managed to attract a huge amount of customers

Note they are pretty strict on ID, so no guys under 20 are allowed inside... so I am guessing Tumnan issan still attracts the 18/19 year olds

It is discussed in this thread:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/11436-superstar-esan-isaan-club-south-pattaya/

And a bit more extensively here:

https://sawatdeenetwork.com/v4/showthread.php?19314-Superstar-Esan-Club-3rd-Rd-near-Sunee

Do i like it? YES! Even held my birthday party there!

I can't read Thai, so I generally look at the number in the top left of the posters to get the date

In Aussies pic above it seems to indicate that there will be a Morlam this Friday March 9th and that it will be on 3rd road

I then usually ask a Thai to translate the rest and estimate whether it will be a big/popular night or just average...i.e. are you going to see the Thai equivalent of the Rolling Stones or One Direction!

The Morlam companies are usually pretty good at removing their posters as soon as the even has happened... Or actually its probably the promoters that remove them in order to get the posters for the next concert up

In your opinion what is the best indoor place for Isaan music now?

Have to agree with Colmx in that Sinlapin Issan seems to be current 'in' place for Issan music. Just back from Thailand trip just short of a month,of which 2 weeks were spent in Sth Pattaya. The three nights we went to Sinlapin were best night-outs during Pattaya trip. 2 visits we stayed till 5.30am/closing, mostly tables of gay lads, quite a few bar lads from sunee and Jomtien I bumped into there too.

As Colmx suggests a bit too early to know details of outdoor morlam so far in advance of May. I visited only one outdoor Morlam on Fri 16th Feb which was a bigger than usual one near Tam Nan Chon, good attendance and great night, tons of gay lads at this one, and very few westerners/farangs to be seen. Strangely they had the 'big' outdoor one on Fri 16 and also a slightly smaller outdoor one the next night on Sat 17th at the old Xyte area. We didn't attend the second one so i'm not sure how well attended it was.

Sadly this was the first trip for a long time that we didn't attend Tam Nan Khon Issan in Pattaya, it was just so much easier to hit Sinlapin Issan, bf forgot ID one night and they let him in after looking at 'something' on his phone for 'proof', I didn't ask questions so not sure what the 'proof' amounted to, but yes they seem quite strict on ID.

I usually drink beer towers at Tam Nan Issan but SinlapinE doesn't do them, they offer large beer bottles 600ml? at Bt120 so not over expensive, was off whisky so we bought bottle Vodka 'for me' (although it was empty at the end I certainly didn't drink that much of it!) at 7-11 on way which I think was only Bt100 corkage in the venue, they push Blend 285 aggressively at Sinlapin, most lads perfectly happy with that but sometimes I like a change.

Just as passing note: Many of bf's friends now are so concerned about non-original spirits in the clubs (even NAB and Tam Nan/Sinlapin) often buy from 7-11/Family as a matter of routine, more to make sure they are drinking 'original' whiskey than for saving cash.   

I can't read Thai, so I generally look at the number in the top left of the posters to get the date

In Aussies pic above it seems to indicate that there will be a Morlam this Friday March 9th and that it will be on 3rd road

You are correct about the date and the location is at the old site at North Pattaya. I usually send the photos to a Thai friend to confirm dates and locations.

Apparently the couple in the attached poster are Morlam superstars and my Thai friend was very keen to see their concert on the 16th March at the demolished Xzyte location. I did not see the usual Morlam costumes in the poster so i was not going to bother but he said it will be good and there will be lots of gay guys there. It will probably be more of a band setup with a few dancers but I guess i better go and check out the eye candy and also the music.

post-8987-0-36924400-1520301906_thumb.jpg