tamtam

Ambiance hotel

Is the Ambiance hotel still open? I tried to go to their former website, but was told it has expired and doesnt exist anymore. Does that mean that the hotel has closed? i know they must have had a hard time with the work being done in the soi, but still thought they would manage to keep the hotel open.

I was in pattaya 3 weeks ago. there was a sigh on the closed cafe royal that it was closed for renovation. Didn’t see any renovations going on in cafe royal but there was construction work in boystown street.

I tried to book some dates in March , Apr , May and Jun through Agoda and it seems working fine.

But New Cafe Royal looks as closed, perhaps somebody on ground may confirm current situation

Hi Vinapu

I can confirm that Cafe Royale is now closed and a massage boy suggested “not open again”

whatever that means.

Good news is my favourite host bar Oscars is open as usual.

Photos taken 8.45 this evening

post-14901-0-25464500-1520346798_thumb.jpeg

post-14901-0-46734500-1520346865_thumb.jpeg

Good to hear that the Ambiance is still open. It’s an iconic institution for gay visiters to Pattaya and a closure would be an indication of changing times, as is the apparent demise of Cafe Royal. I have stayed many times at the Ambiance and intend to do so again although during my recent trip I based myself mainly in the Jomtien Complex. Perhaps there is a tendency for gays to stay “anywhere” rather than clustering in accommodation known to be gay.

Like Vinapu and Biguyby I’ve always loved sitting in Oscars watching the action in the Soi. They used to have a small boutique upstairs - is that still the case ?.

The boutique was, I believe, the project of the previous owner, an Australian guy. Oscars is undoubtedly a good place to watch the action.

I stayed at Ambiance in January and it was doing quite well. There have also been some improvements in decor . My boyfriend and I have no objection to being in a gay ghetto. Next time (thanks to Travellerdave's recommendation), we are also spending a few days  in  the Jomtien Complex. After two decades in Boyztown, the comparison should prove interesting.. 

Guest frequentflier

just got back from holidays,word around Boyztown is that Cafe Royale will reopen after renovation.Oscars may change owners again very soon.