Guest DThump

Yes this is a Gay board!

Guest DThump

I think this is neither positive or negative merely an attempt at survival as the gay scene continues its decline and gay tourists decline and the age of those visiting and those living in Thailand increases.

Guest DThump

I have no idea what your talking about. The fact that a Gay board discusses many different subjects. What does that have to do with the survival of the Gay scene? Are we not allowed to talk about anything that is not Gay specific?

Not suprisingly you missed the point, with less things to post about gay goings on Gaybutton insures its survival by augmenting his board with a significant amount of topics unrelated directly to specific gay topics.

I think this is neither positive or negative merely an attempt at survival as the gay scene continues its decline and gay tourists decline and the age of those visiting and those living in Thailand increases.

The visibility of the gay "scene" has changed all over the globe during the past few decades. Some of it has moved on line but gays now feel more free to congregate in venues that are not exclusive to them.

I see no evidence to support the claim that gay tourists are abandoning Bangkok. I do, however, agree that the age of visitors is constantly increasing. Unless you've discovered the fountain of youth, I don't know how this can be avoided. But perhaps you're unique and actually growing younger.

I've had the pleasure of meeting three board members during this trip. All are in my age range and are wonderful companions to spend time with at a lively bar. We discuss the guys around us, places we go and things we do. That's something that I've been doing with friends for half a century and counting.

The significant influx of Chinese gays, the majority of whom are exercising their freedom at a much younger age than many of us did, are supporting the bars and massage shops. They represent a healthy influence that bodes well for the future of gay Bangkok.

This is my 16th year (I've lost count of number of trips) of coming here and this has been one of my most memorable. I regret that you seem to have had different experiences.

(And I don't believe that any one of us has missed your point)

, with less things to post about gay goings on Gaybutton insures its survival by augmenting his board with a significant amount of topics unrelated directly to specific gay topics.

nothing wrong with it as long as is of interest of his readers. The same is applicable here, if topic is of interest will get views and responses, when interest fades, so will thread.

I echo Reader. When I began traveling outside of the USA many decades ago, I learned where the “gay” areas were in each cityI visited and where they didn’t exist. There was so much secret coding of conversations. Now, in most places gays are found throughout society (we/they were always there but keeping heads down). Now heads are held high and gay $$/THB are spent in all parts of society and not limited to the gay areas. From my observations this week, the Chinese who are gay or questioning or just interested are the ones keeping alive the venues, we Falange supported for so long. We are still there but we are there with others.

Simply because my posting frequency tended to dominate the posts.

I felt that my particular style of posting was better suited to a board that generated more posts. My posts were about Thailand were more Bangkok centered where the posts in GB are more Pattaya centric.

I have nothing but respect for the contributions GB's board makes to the gay Thai scene. The more boards the better, in my opinion.

1 The opening post should be posted on the Gaybutton board, not here.

2 If you want more gay content on the Gaybutton board or anywhere else, try posting some.   Your opening post on this thread isn't exactly increasing the gay content here.

3 Despite your implied criticism of the Gaybutton board, you clearly read it. 

Guest DThump
1 The opening post should be posted on the Gaybutton board, not here.

I suspect your not the one that decides what is posted and what is not.

I suspect your not the one that decides what is posted and what is not.

1   Correct, however I can express an opinion that reflects universal standards of behaviour.

2   For who does decide, please see previous post by Scooby.