jason1975

favourite boys and regulars

I am sure we have our own favourite boys from the Thai gogo bars and massage shops.

Do you meet your favourites EVERY trip? (Because you promised them the previous trip that you will meet them the next time you go to Thailand)

How then do you fit in new boys whom you would like to try out?

On my trip this week, 3 of my favourites are in town. I only have 4 days and nights. Dilemma!

I’ll be meeting a regular tomorrow. Over the last three years we have come to an understanding that I will be with others as well as him. If I’m interested n someone while with him, he will happily approach them with my interest. He once found someone I’d been interested in but lost contact with and brought him around for “negotiations” after I’d mentioned I’d like to see the boy.

Guest abang1961

Make hay while the sun shines.... that's my observation in Thailand.

If I see someone I fancied, I will attract his attention and if he reciprocates, I just walk over to chat.

Same with commercial sex.

See someone you like, grab him before he's taken or gone.

Many a times, the transmigration of guys from one region to another, from one bar to another is much too great.

Stop procrastinate, no more  mañana.

Act quick and act now.

On my trip this week, 3 of my favourites are in town. I only have 4 days and nights. Dilemma!

My opinion - I don't see a dilemma.  You will be in Thailand for a very limited time.  This is your holiday and your money.  You are perfectly entitled to spend your time and money however and with whomever you wish.  You owe yourself a good time.  You don't owe your previous regulars a thing and most likely all they're truly interested in anyway is your money. 

Give yourself permission not to feel guilty, especially since there is no reason for you to feel guilty in the first place.

If you wish to seek out different boys, by all means do so.  If you happen to encounter any previous regulars, but have lost interest at least during this trip, tell them maybe next time - emphasis on maybe.

As the Thai boys say, "Up to you."

Do you meet your favourites EVERY trip? (Because you promised them the previous trip that you will meet them the next time you go to Thailand)

1   I tend not to make any promises about future trips.  So that removes any obligations.   Although, of course some keep pushing for an off.

2   If someone is a true favourite, of course I will WANT to see them, rather than be pressured into it.

3   In some cases, favourites change.    One whom I first met about 5 years ago has had some breasts fitted since my recent trip.  I may well still see him once on the next trip, to see how it goes.

Another one used to be quite good in bed, good to talk to and happy to do long time.  Now some of his family have moved down, he's put on significant weight, did short time, didn't hold much of a conversation & wasn't so good in bed.  Remembering that they only meet if paid, I don't see any reasons there to have a repeat of the experience.

And in reply to post #3 by Londoner, well a lot of boys may be there one year & gone the next.  Then there are a handful who are around for 5 or more years.

There is a lot to be said for making contact with a boy whom you have had experience previously. During my recent trip in February, staying in the Complex I had a good time with one that I had encountered in September. He was from Laos, 20, and spoke some English and knew how to please me in bed, during the three nights I had him with me in my room at the Zing. Unfortunately he had to go Back home to sort out his visa, and he didn’t appear again till I had to leave. I thought I had found a substitute with a nice looking boy who via google translate told me he liked to top and let me kiss him in the bar. The reality was that he was very inexperienced with gay sex and was also nervous when we went to my room. I had to terminate the liaison with a small tip and spent the night alone. This has happened to me very occasionally over the years and is disappointing when you have only limited time on holiday.

I think the key is making your intentions clear. If all the boys know you are butterflying, then there's no dilemma. But if they think you are exclusively seeing them, then it's problematic.

My experience is that despite the commercial arrangements, many boys would jump at the chance of having a farang boyfriend so not to be clear about the situation could cause an upset.

I have regulars in Pattaya gogo bars, but not in Bangkok (too expensive). So when I go to Pattaya for 2 nights, from my pool of regulars I could have one at night, one in the morning, one at night, one in the morning. I wouldn't have to set foot in any bar. But where would be the fun of the hunt? I call it "the lure of the gogo". So in one such trip I usually meet one regular and one new boy.

I make detours to avoid being seen by regulars with a new boy, but probably word will spread nonetheless. Anyway, it's my money. Any of my regulars is welcome to have sex with for free at any reasonable place and time of his choice.

But I invite all my regular to come to see me in Bangkok when they have business in Bangkok. Here I don't have that dilemma which boy to choose.

I will return to regulars, but certainly not for days on end, well not in recent years.

One exception, back in 2011, I met a lad in Funny Boys and saw him in 6 days out of the last 9 on the trip.  A nice, but rather clingy lad who probably would have followed me around for the entire 9 days after I met him given the chance.   The year after, he had a boyfriend. 

I travel around on holidays, but if spending 2+ weeks in Pattaya at the end of the trip, I would now aim to see at least 7 different people in the first week & then go back to some of the more deserving cases again at the end of the trip.

A few old favourites get mixed in.   The  longest running one was number #5 from Euroboys in 2011, then seen again in 2015, 16 & 17.

New boys are a bit of a lottery in terms of how you connect, how good the sex is, but there is always the thrill of the chaice, of someone new, someone different - I get that.

But, albeit less thrilling, there is the comfort of the regular who you have seen over several holidays who you connect well with and who you know you are going to have great sex with. 

I usually start off with the new, but then, after a few days, quickly settle back down with the tried and tested 'regular' 

The thrill of the chase quickly loses its shine when you discover your catch is a dud, or doesn't live up to your expectations.

I'm on holiday for a set number of days so I don't have time to deal with non-performers. I want perfect sex every day.

I have 3 regular guys back home here who I can call on at any time. There are lots of other fish in the sea of course, but many of them turn out to be sharks.

A regular has to be more than just good in bed and have the type of body I'm after. That alone would not qualify anyone to be a regular for me.

Personality is the most important. The rest is a bonus.

Having a regular guy works well for him, too.

He knows he has a steady income for the period of my holiday and can plan his budget accordingly.

It's a win-win situation.

one of boys mentioned in my post above , one with 9 days , actually after day 4 asked me to pay him accumulated agreed tip at end of our time together in order to save all that money.

Nice plot as he had excuse to ask me  to pay for his small daily expanses as theoretically he did not have money yet but I liked an idea nevertheless so agreed gladly.

Wow! Vinapu, you are so meticulous in remembering all your encounters!

Anyway, thanks everyone for giving your two cents' or rather 100 baht's worth of opinions.

I was in Bangkok Tuesday to Saturday. Met my 3 favourite gogo boys at least twice each. In fact, I had two of them together for the last night together. Of course, I asked both of them in advance and they said ok.

Tried a new boy this trip but he was a dud. Shall hope for better luck next trip.

Not necessarily a good idea.

What if the punter is debilitated, or dies on the penultimate day, the boy will get almost nothing for his efforts but a possible nightmare.

Just pay up by the day.

mind it was boy's idea , not mine so it looks he assessed my health as NOT COFFIN BOUND

one of boys mentioned in my post above , one with 9 days , actually after day 4 asked me to pay him accumulated agreed tip at end of our time together in order to save all that money.

Nice plot as he had excuse to ask me  to pay for his small daily expanses as theoretically he did not have money yet but I liked an idea nevertheless so agreed gladly.

I have sometimes paid long-time boys/girls at the end of the holiday, or even a bit upfront - although that doesn't work as well.

But what I have also done on three or four occasions is open a bank-account for my long-time and paid the money into that and he/she walks away with a bank card and 10k or 20k baht 'in the bank', although I suspect it didn't stay there long - but at least I tried. LOL

One of my regulars keeps a bank account and I pay him each weekend and he goes to Central and banks it almost as soon as I give it to him, but he is the exception rather than the rule.

Generally, it never ceases to amaze me how many of them still stash all their accumulated cash in a shoe-box in their room - and even put proud pictures of it on FaceBook for all to see!

travel notes help

Absolutely they do, I keep notes on all my holidays - like a sort of diary - takes about 20 mins, occasionally 30 mins each day, with a few photographs to back-it up. Records each day while it is still fresh in the memory.

Its amazing how quickly detail and events fade amongst the hurly-burly of a holiday and memories seem to merge into each other.

Essential for trip reports, but also good for the long days back home to re-live past encounters and enjoy again the highlights of a holiday, until it is time for the next next one.

That and keeping in touch with my regulars on FaceBook, although even they go 'off the boil' during the long months between holidays.