mgb

Saunas in Pattaya?

I'm not aware of any other POPULAR sauna.   The ex-gay place in Jomtien had one, but I've never heard of anyone using it.

Even the Sansuk isn't exactly packed in high season.   There are one or two compromises with facilities.   The Jacuzzi now seems to be unheated, which might be fine in warm weather, but not in an abnormally cold spell in December. 

He was even sending out messages on Grindr & Planet Romeo to try & get people there.

Most of the customers were mature farang & in a town full of bar boys, why would mature farang chase after each other ?    The nicest looking people in there were the staff, who were, of course, not available.

Maybe they should try a heavily discounted entry fee for under 25 ASEAN lads.    Cut it to say 20 baht. 

There is no stand-alone sauna that I'm aware of in Pattaya. (Bigger hotels might have a sauna for their customers, maybe open for users from outside who don't stay at the hotel, that's why I use "stand-alone".) I was quite happy with the customer base in Sansuk during my few visits over the last years.

For saunas frequented by locals, go to Bangkok. There are over 20. For details see my blog.

There is no stand-alone sauna that I'm aware of in Pattaya. (Bigger hotels might have a sauna for their customers, maybe open for users from outside who don't stay at the hotel, that's why I use "stand-alone".) I was quite happy with the customer base in Sansuk during my few visits over the last years.

For saunas frequented by locals, go to Bangkok. There are over 20. For details see my blog.

I saw a lot of posts in your blogs, Christian.

After more 5 years frequently visiting Bangkok,i am done with it. Now i turn to Pattaya for sun, sand and sea :D:D:.

I'm not aware of any other POPULAR sauna.   The ex-gay place in Jomtien had one, but I've never heard of anyone using it.

Even the Sansuk isn't exactly packed in high season.   There are one or two compromises with facilities.   The Jacuzzi now seems to be unheated, which might be fine in warm weather, but not in an abnormally cold spell in December. 

He was even sending out messages on Grindr & Planet Romeo to try & get people there.

Most of the customers were mature farang & in a town full of bar boys, why would mature farang chase after each other ?    The nicest looking people in there were the staff, who were, of course, not available.

Maybe they should try a heavily discounted entry fee for under 25 ASEAN lads.    Cut it to say 20 baht. 

You're right.

For my last visit in Nov last year, clearly it needed more customers. During my stay (Saturday night), only 20 customers and some of them left after short visit. I guessed they wanted to see more local boys.

I didn’t go to the Sansuck during my February trip despite having some good experiences there in the past and having stayed in the guesthouse a couple of times. I went once during my September 2017 trip and was disappointed for the reasons mentioned by z909.

There is certainly a need to attract young local boys there - that would certainly bring in the older gay farangs like myself. But not many are going to come if there is no money available and anyway the owner does not want to go down that route. I think a 20 year old money boy would not gain admittance at present. The facilities are fine: pool, jacuzzi, restaurant, sauna/steam room, but the maze & dark rooms were not dark enough for me.

Having said that a common theme with the Sansuck is that it does seem to vary quite a lot - month to month and evening to evening.

I didn’t go to the Sansuck during my February trip despite having some good experiences there in the past and having stayed in the guesthouse a couple of times. I went once during my September 2017 trip and was disappointed for the reasons mentioned by z909.

There is certainly a need to attract young local boys there - that would certainly bring in the older gay farangs like myself. But not many are going to come if there is no money available and anyway the owner does not want to go down that route. I think a 20 year old money boy would not gain admittance at present. The facilities are fine: pool, jacuzzi, restaurant, sauna/steam room, but the maze & dark rooms were not dark enough for me.

Having said that a common theme with the Sansuck is that it does seem to vary quite a lot - month to month and evening to evening.

Currently, they seems not to have any solution. If they could not get more local boys in, they would lose business shortly. I dont think to visit them again in my Songkran trip.

Everyone has different expectations when visiting saunas but I have been going to Sansuk a couple of times a week for the last few years when I am in Pattaya and I can honestly say that I have NEVER had a disappointing experience there. I have always come away happy with the facilities,the staff and the food in the restaurant and the prices are reasonable and I have always found a good mix of ages and ethnicities. I have found that sometimes in the low season I have had a good experience because there are fewer people there for the horny boys to choose from they will pick a grumpy old man like me to empty their sack. - lol

Not what it used to be. Rather like the downturn in Sunnee and Boyztown.

I have now taken to counting the number of motor bikes outside to see whether it’s worth going in!

Often it isn’t.

For the 230 baht admission fee it's worth going in just for the excellent facilities including the nice pool. For me anything extra sex etc is a bonus.

For the 230 baht admission fee it's worth going in just for the excellent facilities including the nice pool. For me anything extra sex etc is a bonus.

Agreed. I can go about 5pm and if it had some momentum that night it's slowing down by 8pm. Hell 8pm is still early. Plenty of time to hit other venues after whether it was a productive night at Sansuk or not.

I didn’t visit during my July trip, whereas in previous years I used always to go, sometimes several times in each week. It is of course an awkward place to get to, unless you are ok with riding rented motor bikes or motor bike taxis. When I stayed in BT I got there by taking a Jomtien bound baht bus and remembering where to get off and then walking down the Soi. Getting back at about 9.30 pm was a bit more difficult as I recall that having walked back to main road and found all the motor bike men had gone and Pattaya bound baht buses did not stop due to being full- nothing for it but to hike back to BT. Mind you there was a lot of action in the maze that night and I stayed late playing in the whirl pool.

A little bit sad but i have to say Sansuk seems to be down on the hill.

I visited last month and during my stay (6PM - 9PM), only 20 customers being there (it was Friday). Most of them were mature farangs and not much action, even in the maze. As being said above, cute ad hot guys there were staff, and of course, they were not available.

I am done with Sunee and BoyzTown so out of them plus Sansuk, i only find boys on Hornet and Grindr.

A little bit sad but i have to say Sansuk seems to be down on the hill.

I visited last month and during my stay (6PM - 9PM), only 20 customers being there (it was Friday). Most of them were mature farangs and not much action, even in the maze. As being said above, cute ad hot guys there were staff, and of course, they were not available.

I'd not be fast building up opinion based on one visit as things in venues are dynamic from day to day and sometimes from hour to hour.

I am not newbie to Sansuk. I used to visit them in their peak era.

I know each place has its own opinion but no doubt, and clearly, they get fewer and fewer customers. I rememeber 5 or 6 years ago, it was a must destination for tourists.  

Yes I can confirm what Biguyby says. I think Punya would quickly hear about it if asking for money became prevelent rather than the exception. However there always used to be a number of Thai boys present around the pool who were obviously looking for farang boyfriends or more likely daddies. When they did venture upstairs into the maze they were quickly the centre of attraction, but I dont think having fun there was the motive.

I remember a number of years ago when boys were available on the gay beach I occasionally took one to the Sansuck, to have sex there rather than,in an ST room.

I hope the sauna knows what the target market is.

Most of the mature gay guys going to Pattaya are not going there to have sex with other cute gay guys.   We're after the younger Asians in the 18~30 range.    

If I want sex with another guy in his 50s, I can get that at home on the apps.   No interest at all in that.

So, if Sansuk prices the young Thais out of the market with >200 baht entry fee and is strict in prohibiting prostitution, you end up with hardly any young Asians there.   So there is no reason for me to go either.

When I do venture in there, all of the younger Asians seem to be already with farang and there are not many of them.  The best looking guys are the staff, typically fully clothed.   I've gone there on a Wednesday, since the beach is closed and this might just drive sauna traffic up slightly.   I enjoy my time in the hot sauna, wander around for a while.  I sit in the Jacuzzi, which is too damn cold for December, then I leave.   

Typically, I won't return in the 2.5 weeks I'm in Pattaya.

I think they need a big discount for under 25 locals, just to bring some bait into the establishment.   Or even experiment with free entry days for them.