floridarob

First day in Bali

Why did I wait so many years to come to this place??

I have a love/hate relationship with Thailand....the food is like a drug to me, can't get enough. But sooo tired of the gogo bars, non-performing guys for sex....asking way too much....fake pics on the apps, etc.

Now in Indonesia.....the high end is $30usd.....average $20 with many not even asking for money, they're just horny and want to be with a westerner.

I hear there's beaches around somewhere....maybe I'll get a chance to see them (probably not)

I read that liquor was expensive in Indonesia (local beer is ok prices)....I brought rum from BKK, thank goodness.

I went to the supermarket yesterday and a 750 ml of Bacardi white rum was $75 usd....wtf???

Cigarettes are $1.45 usd...almost EVRYONE smokes here and you can smoke anywhere....has been a LONG time since I came home smelling like an ashtray, yuck

Still, lt's of available guys that love being with a white skinned guy....

if your grindr is running slow you may, depending on your wifi provider, need to run your connection through a VPN, this is as the Government . the main ISP ( and so several hotel chains there etc) TRY to block Grindr and other gay apps ) - mind you as your grindr seems to be red hot ( as is always the case in Bali) it sounds like for now that a VPN is the last of your needs thankfully :) - but if needed it does dramatically speed up your general viewing and receiving and sending of messages to guys etc if you find your signal is being forcibly slowed by others - and of course once loaded you can switch between using it or not if you find you dont need it in other places.

I'm assuming you already know where the main gay bars such as Bali Joe's etc are located ( if not they can be found at Jln. Camplung Tanduk (Ex Dhyana Pura) No. 8, Seminyak  ........also re the beaches you mentioned the main two beaches would be "Double Six" beach area in Seminyak and then for a slightly smaller but gayer beach area you can head to head to Cantina Beach.

Bali is great isn't it.  Enjoy  :-)

Ha normally when in Thailand Im the same re beaches etc but in Bali I di make the effort as a) they are so beautiful and also b) there can be quote a bit of hooking up goes on there for a little afternoon / early evening fun plus a lot of the guys you meet in the bars tend to head there too so it's nice to meet (meat) people outside the bar environment too sometimes I found  - oh and there is of course all the cute eye candy running around in their speedos, yes theres that too !! :-)

Nice  to hear you are having a good time there Rob.  

Two questions, whilst you are not looking for them, how many bottoms are around ?    

What are the hotels costing ?

On 3/10/2019 at 4:07 PM, z909 said:

Nice  to hear you are having a good time there Rob.  

Two questions, whilst you are not looking for them, how many bottoms are around ?    

What are the hotels costing ?

I think Indonesia has more Tops than bottoms...I might be wrong, but since I bottom...I'm only looking for tops , lol
I stayed at an Ibis type hotel within walking distance to the bars...I paid 30usd per night

HTLs-same class as TH are slightly cheaper but much more variable in price (season, location, how long you stay,etc.)

have also fond memories of Indo, also from Kuta beach(pantai) on bali-and even more from many cities on pulau Java.

Some years ago, the thriving beach scene along Kuta was after dusk and all along, but most busy near the Hard Rock HTL/bar. This may/will have changed, i think. Do not expect too many Balinese-most will be guys working there or ''domestik turis''-gay Indo's go there like we formerly to Mikonos or so. Plus that suppression from muslim extremists is now alas also a prob on Java. Also Sumatera was always good hunting ground.