bucky13

Early April in Pattaya and Bangkok

I need some advice !

I've been craving some money boy attention!  So twice this past week I booked a flight to BKK (reasonable RT rates for less than $500) to spend 10 days (pre-Songkran)  in Pattaya and Bangkok  ..But then immediately cancelled (within the 24hour grace period) due to WEATHER !

I hate the heat and I hate the humidity even more and April is notoriously high for both.  BUT is it really that much different than the other months in the first half of the year?  Is sitting early evening in BoyzTown or Jomtien or Twilight hot, sultry and sticky or is it realtively comfortable and bearable?  

For you locals or those guys that have been here during this time of year, am I being way too sensitive?  

Is sitting early evening in BoyzTown or Jomtien or Twilight hot, sultry and sticky

Yes. It is.

If you are sensitive to heat April is not recommended. However of course one year can be different from another. I think it was 3 years ago when I was completely soaked in sweat most days in April in Pattaya, the worst heat I've ever experienced and since I come from a cold country my body isn't really comfortable with such extreme high temperatures.

I hate heat and humidity as well but was few times in May and Jun and it was quite bearable. I think adrenaline helps, if you craving money boys you will not notice even heat with all that talent available around you.

So I'd say - just go 

Choose June over April.

I find Bangkok oppressive whenever I go so I would spend most of my time in Pattaya.

Off topic - My partner and I live in Isaan, early April we are off to Vietnam for 10 days, the first five days we are in Hanoi where I believe the temperature will be about 10 degrees cooler than home - I can't wait

I have been in Thailand during all the seasons and the only time I would avoid in Songcran in April. When it is very hot it’s certainly more pleasant in Pattaya, where you have sea breezes, than Bangkok. During the peak rainy season in September/October it’s sometimes difficult when the roads are flooded. During hot times the quality of the aircon is critical so it’s worth checking that out when you get to your hotel.