paulfort

My recent holiday report

After a great week in Pattaya I headed up to Bangkok and will update on here if anyone actualy interested? 

YES WE ARE, 

as for Boyztown thare are rumors that Cafe Royal will reopen after renovations but who knows when. It's hard to compare it to Sunee as location for BT is much more visible and mainstream than Sunee,   hidden in obscure backstreets where only people in  the know find their way to.

How it exactly works with reduction of drink price at BBB ?, if you don't off boy they will charge you 400 and if you off him , just 160? I see some sense in it as it secures at least some tip for boys and and hope it's the case as I'd not be inclined to tip boy extra on top of 400 drink price.

In Sept I told them outright that I don't pay those prices but it did not stop me from offing boys from there 4 times.I agree that  it is the best bar for those who , like me like their men better built

I have flown Eva Air a lot but always Economy. How large are their Business Class seats? Are they flat beds? How does it compare with Qatar, if you know? When leaving the aircraft through Business the seats look so cramped and small, and that’s put me off a little!

I was not looking at the premium economy seats in case you thought I was!

I fly EVA in the Premium Economy, which is about £300  more expensive than Economy. Every six flights I  get a free-upgrade to Business which, inevitably , spoils me for the next five flights. 

EVA's Business Class does indeed include flat beds with screens that enable passengers to achieve a degree of privacy. The seats are much larger than Economy but the real plus is the space that each passenger enjoys. Food is better, naturally, but I prefer to eat in the  EVA lounge in BKK and in the Canada lounge at LHR, to which my Silver Card entitles me. Accordingly I'm no expert  but I  am highly impressed by the wines available and regret that I don't drink on long-haul flights.

Hi Gerefan

I would fully agree with the views of Londoner, a lot more space and defiantly fully flat beds, compatible with any other good business class, excellent fine end  Restaurant food and wine in their Royal Laurel (Business Class)  if you haven't already done so get on to EVA's rewards program (infinity miles) as   whilst I am unsure how many flights are needed in economy once you achieve their Silver status which is pretty quick in Elite, useful benefits such as lounge access and eventually upgrade rewards mount as Gerefan mentioned to access to the premium cabins!