a447a

Bangkok report April 2018

There have been times when I've been asleep and didn't hear them knocking. I'd awake to find them at the foot of my bed! They'd just opened the door and barged in unannounced!

happened to me at Nantra Silom on my last trip. I was during early afternoon jet lag induced nap when she opened door.

I stay in the bed while she did her job, she made sure door to the room were wide opened which i did not mind as I travel lightly so even if I want to create mess , it's very minimal mess, ,LOL

The criticism of Tarntawan cleaners is most unfair. I've stayed there more than sixty times and I've never had a problem. Once or twice the bed-side control has been faulty but never the button that demands privacy and that the room be cleaned. If there was one incident, or one error, it seems slightly over-the-top to make such a fuss on this forum. And two others, come to think of it.

Hotel staff are underpaid and in all these years have I not encountered any who have been less than delightful towards me- and my Thai boyfriend.

I find it remarkable that people who are so poorly paid treat us relatively prosperous visitors, so kindly.

Today, despite putting out the "Do not disturb" sign and pressing the bedside control, she still knocked on the door when I was in the shower. And even though it was inconvenient for me, I vacated the room. I pointed to the 'Do not disturb " sign and she just smiled.

"Make up room now, ok?"

So how can my comments be "unfair?"

I'm merely reporting my experience over the last two stays at the Tarntawan. I'm not reporting hearsay.

I've stayed here many times -but nowhere near sixty times - over the years and it is only recently that I've encountered this problem. I suggested a reason why this could be happening.

And nowhere did I suggest that the cleaners are anything but "delightful."

I've also tipped them, along with the elevator guys, generously over the years.

Although I can understand them wanting to clean all the rooms on the same floor at once, I am not here to suit their convenience. The boy who visits me here every day made the same comment.

I'm sorry if my comments upset some, but I'm just reporting my experience. If that constitutes "making a fuss" then so be it.

I agree 100% with your concluding observation.

Today, despite putting out the "Do not disturb" sign and pressing the bedside control, she still knocked on the door when I was in the shower. And even though it was inconvenient for me, I vacated the room. I pointed to the 'Do not disturb " sign and she just smiled..

Their staff are not following the conventional standard here, so if the management do not correct this, perhaps it's time to find another hotel ?      Capitalism has these lovely mechanisms to correct deficient service.

I also agree with your point about reporting what you find.  Once the cleaners start barging in your room at inappropriate times, you're entitled to report this here.   

Last month, the Raya was un-bookable.  So, I returned to the Tarntawan.  While I plan on putting my observations in my very delated trip report, I want to agree and dissent somewhat from comments above.

I did not have any barging into the room...then again, I am an early riser even after a late night (I depend on post massage naps for the missing hours of slumber).  I did have the experience of being told the cleaner would be right back and not seeing the room made up  after I returned many hours later and having to call the desk.  Also, on my next to last day, the cleaners were no where to be found and a young women who was dressed more as a manager cleaned my room (quickly) in the afternoon.

II did have the experience of being told the cleaner would be right back and not seeing the room made up  after I returned many hours later and having to call the desk. .

It's for that very reason that I finally decided to change hotels for my trip in January.

My routine was to get up at 1pm, have a shower and then head over to the bar to pick up my guy. As I left my room I looked for a cleaner and if I couldn't find one I'd always get reception to phone them and ask them to clean my room when I was out.

But time and time again we arrived back at the hotel after spending an hour or so in the bar, only to find that the room had not been cleaned. So we had to go downstairs, ask reception to phone the cleaner and then wait until it was done.

It's just not good enough.

It's been a few years since I stayed at Tarntawan Hotel. It wasn't the service that caused me to go elsewhere; it was the old mattresses I found very unforgiving of my aging back. When in town, I still stop by to say hello to the veteran elevator guard and Mac, the friendly bell hop of days gone by who was working the front desk and back office last time I saw him.

With tourism booming and unemployment extremely low, I suspect they have trouble keeping room cleaners. I'm sure the large, upscale hotels are more desirable jobs. I noticed an uptick in the number of males filling these jobs of late.

A stripper suddenly appeared. And you guessed it, more pelvic thrusts. But right at the very end he whippe away his last item of clothing and we got a millisecond glimpse of an enormous hard cock.

That stripper #88 has a few Asian female followers but the rumour says he flat out refuse to be offed by women saying ‘I am gay!’

After rejected the offer of 10,000B for the off, one female customer cried “Why are you gay!?” lol

Incidentally he goes to a hairdresser in Soi Twilight every night 7:45pm before going to work. The hair styling costs 150B.

Why the hell they didnt make a proper gogobar for women where all of the guys are straight? There is a big market in japan specifically for that, i am pretty sure bangkok can live up to that too. It makes life easier for both gay and women alike. Id be frustrated too if the boy i want to off at a gay bar says he cant be with me because he only go with women.

There are some host clubs for women in Bangkok like this.

I have read a “Err Infinity” club review but it seems very expensive.

Once you enter, you must buy a bottle of whiskey and a set of fruits snacks. Each table has its own manager and manager’s drink costs 340B before you even call a host.

https://m.facebook.com/pg/ERR.INFINITY.LADYNIGHT/photos/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

post-15769-0-17264900-1522776656_thumb.jpeg

I think that club cater for more sophisticated taste of elite women who wants the man to be young, model look and also educated. Hence it needs to be attractive enough for those guys to work there. Maybe they need more sleazy kind to match the gay scene in silom lol. Pretty sure the chinese women would love that. Looking at their facebook, their guys are almost one type only lol need more variety, or more club to cater for different tastes lol

Id be frustrated too if the boy i want to off at a gay bar says he cant be with me because he only go with women.

Perhaps you should consider the bars these days as boy bars rather than gay bars. That way, they can cater for both sexes - and anything in between,

Oh, dear! What have I done?

Have my reports on Golden Cock led to the increase in customers?

For years customers were few and far between - I was almost always the only one in the bar and had the guys to myself. No real need to lock the doors; I could be guaranteed of fun, fun, fun without the threat of interruption.

Last night there was one customer sitting in the bar when I entered around 10:30. He had opened a second bottle of whisky and was surrounded by boys. I've only ever sat on the same sofa over all these years and it's quite comfortable -it had my name on it, and probably some of my DNA, too! - but now I was relegated to one closer to the bar. And it's as hard as a rock.

One of my guys who I had chuck-wowed earlier in the day, left the customer and came over and sat with me. After a few drinks he wanted a repeat performance. I told him I was uncomfortable doing anything when there is someone else in the bar, but in the end I sat with my back to him and did the deed.

Unlike Eros, Golden Cock is quite a cosy bar and you are sitting in close proximity to others.

Earlier in the day it took at least 20 minutes for him to cum and last night was no different. I fact, my arm was about to fall off so I let him take matters into his own hands.

Then in walks another customer. And another. And with the whisky flowing freely and my guy settling in for yet another drinking session, the bar was in full party mode. The first customer then started the karaoke. Oh, dear! It was dreadful.

One o'clock came around very quickly. Time to close. But right at the last minute another customer came in and sat at the bar. I figured he'd be allowed one drink and then that would be it.

I got up to pay my bill and suddenly found myself in conversation with him. He was Russian and on his first trip to Asia. He had no idea where to go, how the off system works, etc, so I decided to order another drink and sit with him and give him a few tips.

They closed the doors and all the boys gathered around the bar. We were soon joined by two more customers, one a guy who works at the Tarntawan.

The Russian guy was really horny and decided he'd off my guy. How dare he! He's my guy!

In the end, he decided not to as he figured the boy was too drunk and probably couldn't get it up. But he'll be back to the bar tonight to off him.

By now it was 2:30. The manager was offering me free drinks, but I'd had enough. I left with the Russian.

On the way out he asked me where he could find a guy for the night. My only suggestion was to try the apps or wander up to Soi Twilight - he might find a free-lancer sitting on the stairs outside the bank. And then off to bed.

Have I shot myself in the foot?

Have I shot myself in the foot?

no, in a great scheme of things , more active and well patronized bars are it's better for everybody, boys find employment fruitful and customers more choice and more fun.

And if your boy goes with somebody else it gives you chance for changing diet , who knows may be to equally entertaining.