a447a

Bangkok report April 2018

I was hoping I could find something in Yangon - anything would do - to write about in a new thread in which I would detail my cultural exchange experiences with the locals.

Forget it! It ain't gonna happen. So I'll add a few comments here instead.

There has been mention of some massage places on the internet, including in Christian's blog, but I have no desire whatsoever to seek them out.

The poverty here is truly gut-wrenching. Last night I went to a huge party downtown in celebration of the approaching New Year. There I got to see the more prosperous people, but when I stepped out and wandered the backstreets I was quickly brought back to earth. I couldn't wait to get out of there. The locals, along with their mangy rabid dogs were sitting, surrounded by garbage.

So if I did manage to find a massage place there is no way I'd consider going inside, no matter how cute the guys were. I could just imagine how filthy it would be. And the apparent lack of showering facilities would be a problem, given it is so hot here. The thought of washing your cock in a bucket of cold water which has probably been used by others doesn't bear thinking about.

But the eye candy here is amazing. At the party in the park, at the Schwedagon Pagoda, and just walking around town there are gorgeous guys everywhere. Heaps of young shirtless guys can be seen playing a type of ball game in the backstreets. Lots of eye contact but it's all innocent - just guys wanting to smile and be friendly.

So unless a miracle occurs, that's my take on Yangon.

Thanks for the very interesting trip report. I don't know if you are still Yangon. I was there twice recently and loved it. I agree, the poverty is grinding. I did find a very nice massage place. Staff was very welcoming. Very clean, in room shower. You pick the boys from an iPad. I was very happy with the very cute boys I chose on both occasions I went. The place was every bit as clean places I have been to in Bangkok and Pattaya. I'd call it mid market. The only downside is it is quite a challenge to find the place.

Lime Spa. The downtown branch.

No.31/37(5-B), 5th Floor Triple Six Condo 54th St (Lower Block) Botahtaung Township Yangon Phone- 09 2500 15002

I also found a legit massage place with cute boys only who give excellent foot and body massage (both parties remain fully clothed) Bliss massage 19th street

As I recall, both boys asked for 40000 kyat and happily agreed to my counter of 30000 kyat. 1 hour. One of them insisted on a body to body massage. That was the first time ever for me. I enjoyed it.

BTW, the key to finding the place, once you've found the street and block: look for a building named Triple Six Condo. Otherwise, no street numbers I or cab drivers were able to figure out.

As I recall, both boys asked for 40000 kyat and happily agreed to my counter of 30000 kyat. 1 hour. One of them insisted on a body to body massage. That was the first time ever for me. I enjoyed it.

BTW, the key to finding the place, once you've found the street and block: look for a building named Triple Six Condo. Otherwise, no street numbers I or cab drivers were able to figure out.

Hi JimmyJoe,

the 30000 kyat tip plus 35000 kyat fee for the shop, total of 75000 kyat?  Is that right?

No wonder it seemed so reasonable, boy gave me a discount without realizing it, I guess! Or maybe the advertised 35000 Kyat is tip included?

I saw some spas advertise 35000 kyat for body-to-body massage. You paid 17000 kyat was probably for an oil massage but you got b2b instead

No wonder it seemed so reasonable, boy gave me a discount without realizing it, I guess! Or maybe the advertised 35000 Kyat is tip included?

I don't know if that 35000 kyat b2b includes tip or not (I personally think probably not).  Any expert in Yangon care to help answer this question?

Lime Spa. The downtown branch.

No.31/37(5-B), 5th Floor Triple Six Condo 54th St (Lower Block) Botahtaung Township Yangon Phone- 09 2500 15002

Hi JimmyJoe,

Do you remember the cross street to 54th st where Lime Spa is located?

So if I did manage to find a massage place there is no way I'd consider going inside, no matter how cute the guys were. I could just imagine how filthy it would be. And the apparent lack of showering facilities would be a problem, given it is so hot here. The thought of washing your cock in a bucket of cold water which has probably been used by others doesn't bear thinking about.

I cannot comment on Yangon, but I always shower after a massage & don't recall any abnormalities in shower facilities in Mandalay.   

I would think the massage places in Yangon also need to offer competitive facilities.   Same as the hotels need to. 

As you can see, only one bar - Why Not - was open. There were only 2 customers, both farang, sitting at the bar. No boys in sight. They charge $10 entry fee!

The area, called Itaewon, was packed with gay couples but God only knows where they were heading off to. Certainly not to the famed Homo Hill.

Not a single "homo" erectus in sight.

Why not, indeed!

I was only in Seoul twice in the early 1990s. My hotel was near Itaewon and a gay Korean friend took me to a few mixed bars where there were obviously gay sections. We gravitated there and my friend chatted with a guy he knew. Hardly cruisy but I had a good time. Young Koreans then did not seem nearly as hot as they do today.

There were a couple of openly gay bars. When i visited each had a few Korean customers but no young ones, only older. Eventually I found one so-called sauna advertised in Spartacus. It was in an alley off the north side of the main street running east from City Hall (cant recall the name now). I easily found the alley but remember walking around for at least half an hour trying to locate it. Eventually I succeeded. It was no Thailand style sauna. Downstairs was one very big room with a hot and cold pool on one side and a steam room on another. In the middle was a massage table where hefty guys were giving clients very strong scrub downs and massages.

Upstairs there was a smaller low ceilinged room with mattresses and blankets. Each little area was separated by a very low partition that can not have been more than 18 inches. Not very dark it was easy to see that hands and arms were wandering. I noticed two guys in one partition but everything seems pretty discreet.

I am surprised Seoul seems still to have so few gay places.

I am surprised Seoul seems still to have so few gay places.

I'm not surprised, given the anti -gay sentiments which are apparently alive and well here.

Maybe it's a bit like Japan where I've been told numerous times that they don't have any gays there. Lol

Ignorance is bliss!

I'm not surprised, given the anti -gay sentiments which are apparently alive and well here.

Maybe it's a bit like Japan where I've been told numerous times that they don't have any gays there. Lol

Ignorance is bliss!

Japan no gay places? You must be kidding man