abidismaili

Female sex tourism on the rise in Thailand?

I am still relatively new to this all (first trip to Thailand October 2014, last trip so far March 2018. Next one June 2018).

But in these almost 4 years I do notice one change.

I see more and more females in gay go go bars.  The number seems to be way up.  And not only for looking. Last trip two young Farang women ordered a boy from the stage. I didn't stay long enough to see if they took them to their hotel.

Do others also notice that sex tourism from Farang young women in Thailand is on the rise? More females in the bars compared to the recent past?

I see more and more females in gay go go bars.  

this is our wishful thinking, go-go bars are not gay bars , they are boy bars. Sure we try to make them preserve of gays but it really never was a case.

I agree that with influx of younger and Asian crowd there are more females in boy bars, they seem to be tipping well and generally behaving as far as my annoyances are concerned.

this is our wishful thinking, go-go bars are not gay bars , they are boy bars. Sure we try to make them preserve of gays but it really never was a case.

Didn't know that. So for the old timers, in say 2000 AD or 1995 AD women also visited these bars in Boytown or Soi Twilight?

But I really do notice a rise in numbers. I see Asian women too, but also 'farang'. And the farang women I see are younger than the farang men I see.

Guest abang1961

Well there is this social stigma to be seen in a sex club at home.

Personally I don't venture out to the gay bars/saunas/venues much in Singapore.

However when I'm overseas and with the notion of no one knows me, I visit such establishments for its novelty.

The rise in female patrons in bars is a sign of sexual liberation too.

They may not have the same offer in their homeland and there is nothing to lose to look at performers' dicks in bars.

Moreover with one is on holiday, the desire to spend/squander is much higher.

Who wouldn't want to look at this guy..front and back.

post-13467-0-04769400-1524368441_thumb.jpg

Very nice Abang i love his buttocks in those briefs.

In Pattaya you only see females in the BT gogos whereas Sunee gogos and the Complex host bars seem to be gays only. On the other hand on the Gay Beach these days are to be found a lot of couples and single women, whereas in the past they were rare, perhaps confined to women who felt safer amongst us gays.

If you want a men only experience, stick to the saunas. You won't find any women there, that's for sure.

But in the dark you may find HIV, hepatitis, herpes and a whole lot of other STDs. It's why I steer clear of saunas.

Bacteria and viruses thrive even in the cleanest of places, and not only in the darkness of the saunas. Avoiding sexually transmitted infections (STI) is more about how you have sex rather than where you perform your activities.

I’d be genuinely interested to know how many boy bars that cater exclusively to straight women? There are hundreds for straight men and I wonder how much of the increase in females going to, what were previously, seen as gay boy bars is down to lack of choice elsewhere. That many of the boys are straight, bisexual or straight for pay probably helps. Good luck to them if it keeps the boy bars open.

Bacteria and viruses thrive even in the cleanest of places, and not only in the darkness of the saunas. Avoiding sexually transmitted infections (STI) is more about how you have sex rather than where you perform your activities.

True.

But in the darkness you can't see if the guy giving you a blow job has herpes simplex. So you could forego such activity but then, why go to a sauna?

I'm definitely no expert on sauna "culture" having only visited a few in Europe and Asia. But from what I saw, the darkroom was where most of the action was taking place. And some darkrooms have no lighting whatever. The other parts of the saunas were also very dimly lit.

Some afflictions can only be seen with the lights on, so you'd have a better chance of avoiding something terrible in your hotel room.

I wonder if this is something to do with two things. Many Asian women are getting married later, live at home with their parents and so have a lot more spending power for holidays. Secondly the rise in host clubs specifically for ladies. These are mostly found in Japan but may be on the rise elsewhere. The ladies tend to be older than the hosts and happily drop a lot of money in the clubs for drinks, snacks and excessive pampering by a handsome young host. The tips at the end of an evening are very generous. And thats before the possibility of sex which will command an even more generous tip.  have no idea about host bars in Thailand, but the male gogo bars could offer an alternative. After all we know that many if not most of the gogo boys now are straight.

When I first came to Thailand in 2000 the only Females seen in any BT bars were Madam Jims Mother and Nieces

Back then they were gay bars, and for me they are still gay bars... which now tolerate women

Thanks. This is interesting information. Something has thus changed in the last say 15 years. Farang young females and Asian females have become sex tourists in that period. What can explain this rise? From a sociology viewpoint this really is interesting. There must be an explanation. I am inclined to think the Internet has somehow played a role in empowering women to become sex tourists, but how it did that I can not see that. Men didn't need the Internet in 2000 to travel to Thailand.

Edit: I saw PeterRS reply after posting mine. He goes into some explanations

Women nowadays are more independent, many have high positions at their jobs and earn handsomely. Sadly, this requires most of them to forgo their love lives, family, and kids, thus leads to them finding different ways to satisfy their lust. They have money and young boys need money, so as long as money on the table, man, women, gay, lesbians etc is minor issues for the boys.

Talking about japanese culture, yes there are a growing number of host bars cater specifically for women, but the man on offer are very different that those in the gay club. Ill be generalizing a bit but gays mostly attracted to physical things like face, body, chest, butt, dicks, skin etc. But for most women, they want more than just physical, they also want a boy who listen, smart, reliable, educated, sweet, and gentlemen. More than half of the boys in the gay gogo wont even qualify for these jobs at japan host bars.

Guest abang1961

The increment in female patrons is a welcome relief for bar owners.

For them, any walk-in patron means PROFIT...   

Most Asian women are traditionalist.  They married a man and that's the only cock they see in their whole life.

There is very little chance to venture (sexually) beyond the marriage.

So when opportunity to watch a men's show, why not?

The main difference between a gay bar (with fucking shows) and a host bar is the price.

A host known as 牛郎 (niu-lang)鸭子 (ya-zi)pay set the patron at least ten to twenty times what she would pay at a gay bariin Soi Twilight or Boyztown.

As long as the women don't off the good looking lads, the gay clients will still rule the bars.

asian-men-together_240514_gay_007_o.jpg?

Try reading this interesting article about male host bar in Japan.

http://www.scmp.com/week-asia/society/article/2053389/inside-japans-host-clubs-male-geishas-or-just-pretty-men

Guest rrhawaii

Just like the OP, I'm fairly new to the scene and find the female customers interesting as well. I remember my first visit to Dreamboys, there was one college aged Chinese girl with a group of gay friends. When I visited several months later, the bar was at least 50% female, many Chinese women. This was 2013-14. Not that I'm against women in gogo bars, I just thought the difference between my visits was amazing. I will say that sometimes, the presence of women in the gogo bars made things more lively. 

I've noticed that a lot of these women, and especially those I've seen actually offing guys, tended to be Asian (Chinese), relatively young, well-dressed, attractive, and obviously well off. I think hiring a man for sex is just another form of conspicuous consumption by these newly moneyed young women, not too different from buying designer accessories. Culturally, there doesn't seem to be any hang ups about this as they're certainly not discreet about it. Perhaps a combination of a booming national economy and globalization facilitating the sharing of more liberal attitudes toward sex have manifested into more (Asian) women believing it is okay to frequent these kinds of spaces.

Having said all this, I was surprised that many straight bar boys told me that they preferred men customers over lady customers. The reason given was that doing an off with a man was easier than with a woman. 

Someone mentioned that saunas were men only spaces. What about massage parlors like Bonny, Arena, or similar places? Are they men only? I've never seen a female customer in any of these types of places. 

Guest abang1961

We are having a field day giving caption to that photo of 2 guys in some serious coupling..

Secret Garden - You raise me up ..

Captain and Tennile (for old timers like me) -

Do that to me one more time
Once is never enough with a man like you
I can never get enough of a man like you
Whoa-oh-oh, kiss me like you just did
Oh, baby, do that to me once again
Pass that by me one more time
Once is never enough for my heart to hear
Whoa-oh-oh, tell it to me one more time
I can never hear enough while I got you near
Whoa-oh-oh, say those words again like you just did
Oh, baby, tell it to me once again
Once is never enough with a man like you
Whoa-oh-oh, do that to me one more time
I can never get enough of a man like you
Whoa-oh-oh, kiss me like you just did
Oh, baby,

I’d be genuinely interested to know how many boy bars that cater exclusively to straight women? There are hundreds for straight men and I wonder how much of the increase in females going to, what were previously, seen as gay boy bars is down to lack of choice elsewhere. That many of the boys are straight, bisexual or straight for pay probably helps. Good luck to them if it keeps the boy bars open.

Really would not know that number, but OTH will remember TMOT (that is: old Thai hands and the famous books The Men of Thailand) which -in a century ago, when www was a small toddler, listed those places we like and what they knew about. There were at least in BKK several mentioned that stated ''primarily for women'' and the available guys might be persuaded for a change, but will certainly not lie under. Throughout the years that famous newsppr BKK-post had some articles about police raids or political chenanigans, where these places were also referred to on the side.

So history again turns around: many Thai gay bars with serviceboys started as hetero.

...Do others also notice that sex tourism from Farang young women in Thailand is on the rise? More females in the bars compared to the recent past?

I think the girls are more open about it now but from what my older female friends tell me, this is not a new phenomenon.  They stay in swanky hotels, ask a for massage from a masseur who's usually hot AND knows how to massage (they've usually been handpicked by these high-end hotels) and if the vibe is right and both agree, sex is included.  It's all very discreet.  One of my girlfriends was only 18 when she had at one of these naughty, hotel massages and her parents were upstairs!  And she couldn't wait to send me a pic of his dick afterwards!

So, sgdad, after being told in no uncertain terms that demeaning and insulting posts like the one above are no longer permitted on sawatdeenetwork.com, you've decided to bring your vile and childish personality over here - after an extended absence - in order to continue the personal attack. Basically, this forum is the only place you have remaining and is why you have decided to return.

Of the last 24 posts you have made on SGN, 10 were attacks on me, and 2 were aimed at another member.

That says it all.

So, if you want to continue, go back and post on sawatdeenetwork.com. But keep in mind the consequences.

I know neither a447a nor sglad.

I was happy to see sglad back contributing as without a solid base of contributors forums contract and members loose interest.

a447a obviously felt slighted by sglad's post whereas I read it as a humorous quip.

History between the two may mean the remark was more malicious but I prefer to take it as humourous.