musgrave

A visit to Dreamboys

In Bangkok for a few days so decided to go to Dreamboys to see the show. Hadn't been for a few years and was curious to see what it is like now.

Paid my 500 thb for the first (and only drink). A bottle of lukewarm Heiniken was delivered but when asked for - a glass of ice was promptly brought.

To my thinking the type of boy has changed - seemed to be older and more muscular than I previously remembered

#72 was a great dancer and #85 had the best thighs - both received tips

To the show - after a few acts I was looking to leave. A dance sequence that was comical because of all the mishaps. 2 guys doing a routine to "You can leave your hat on" (yawn). A parade of ordinary looking guys showing big cocks and then a sequence of very ordinary looking lady boys that went on and on and on.

Mercifully there was a break so I headed for the exit smiling at # 85 as I left.

I appreciate that we all have different likes and dislikes but for me Dreamboys didn't live up to its name this visit.

Your experience mirrors mine over the last few years.

Innovation and fresh ideas do not appear to be the name of the game in Soi Twilight shows. They are happy to live off past glories.

I prefer it like it was years ago....more enjoyable,,at least for me..

yes , and water was more wet then as well

My apologies for a bit of sarcasm but keep in mind while we all have best memories of the things in the past we were a bit a different people than as well , younger and with less experience, perhaps with different tastes and more enthusiastic in assessing things we saw.

One can't compare first or second visit to boy bar to 31st or 32nd entry.

yes , and water was more wet then as well

My apologies for a bit of sarcasm but keep in mind while we all have best memories of the things in the past we were a bit a different people than as well , younger and with less experience, perhaps with different tastes and more enthusiastic in assessing things we saw.

actually i found a rather substantive difference between my visits from a few years back and those more recent ones - manifested perhaps most vividly in more aggressive requests/demands for tips by everyone/anyone who works at the bars: mamasans, waiters, head waiters, hosts... and so on down the line....

my visits tend to be brief because i just am not comfortable having to maintain a defensive mode against being harassed and harangued in a place that is supposed to be fun.

but maybe this is all fodder for a separate thread.

Why not?  As mynakedtop and others have pointed out, there have been substantive changes in the bars themselves as well as the demographics of their patrons.

manifested perhaps most vividly in more aggressive requests/demands for tips by everyone/anyone who works at the bars: mamasans, waiters, head waiters, hosts...

I experience exactly this too and it I hate it. It drives customers away. I haven't entered some bars because of this behavior.

.... there have been substantive changes in the bars themselves as well as the demographics of their patrons.

boys in speedos on the stages are replaced by other boys in speedos on the same stage , but stage moved from the right to the left side of the bar , I'd not call it substantive  change .

As for demographic I agree , older farang replaced by younger Asian crowd.

Substantial change is to the scene itself - less bars , more massage places. Other factor missing are acrobatic fuck shows, once every night staple , now rare if not missing from programs altogether .  

My last visit to Dreamboys I also found a bore. Too many ‘skits’ with ladyboys and dragged out for poor humour. Non stop commentary which is annoying too. The other shows take too long to transition and of course it’s pricey. I thought Moonlight had it right this time around. More relaxed, more fun, attractive talent.

My last visit to Dreamboys I also found a bore. Too many ‘skits’ with ladyboys and dragged out for poor humour. Non stop commentary which is annoying too. The other shows take too long to transition and of course it’s pricey. I thought Moonlight had it right this time around. More relaxed, more fun, attractive talent.

I've been going straight to Pattaya - what and where is Moonlight?

Moonlight is a gogo bar, located where the old Jupiter used to be, down a soi opposite Soi Twilight. Walk out of Soi Twilight at Banana Bar, cross the road and turn left. Walk down the first soi you come to. I think there's a sign advertising the Bavana Hotel. If you look down the soi you'll see a sign advertising the Suriwong Hotel. Moonlight is next to the hotel.

There's some info here:

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/11680-bangkok-report-april-2018/

http://www.gaythailand.com/forums/topic/11680-bangkok-report-april-2018/page-5

My first visit with Dreamboy last March, I liked d show, but I've read from blogs & reviews that before, Dreamboys used to have explicit show, but now, I think, it was toned down. On my next visit, I only offed the guy who is my most favorite go go boy since I'm surprised to know that you can already pay the off fee without paying the entrance fee + drink for the boy, so I no longer watched the show. Maybe on my next trip, I'll do the same since I only return to BKK to off my most fave go go boy.

Maybe on my next trip, I'll do the same since I only return to BKK to off my most fave go go boy.

unless you are coming from one  of countries nearby so trip is short and cheap  to afford possible disappointment keep in mind that often when we return to see  favorite boy,  he is gone , been offed already or even worse , he doesn't look as attractive as he was previously 

unless you are coming from one of countries nearby so trip is short and cheap to afford possible disappointment keep in mind that often when we return to see favorite boy, he is gone , been offed already or even worse , he doesn't look as attractive as he was previously

I'm near Thailand, so no prob, and I already got contact details with him just to be sure ;)