vinapu

Fun still can be had in Sunee

Delighted to read that report Vinapu, I love Sunee Plaza. 

I have yet to experience Nice Boys but I certainly want to this coming August.

Twinks/Hunks isn't black/white - its a spectrum that thankfully has lots of grey areas in the middle. LOL

right but so far this trip it seems only twinks are interesting in seeing sunrise in my room so I'm taking what is available

It does seems long time are harder to come by nowadays. I wonder why.

Think it's likely that girlfriend or wife are also demanding their company. But when twinks are offered an evening in AC room with comfortable bed, it's a much easier choice.

To paraphrase Ceasar, We came, we saw, we took what was on offer.

Nice boys very busy , at some point almost full, Boys are dancing and flashing their wares with lots of energy, some impressive erections,

Great to hear that Nice Boys is going strong. My favourite go-go bar in Pattaya. Always a great atmosphere and plenty of fun to be had.

I'm very much looking forward to paying a visit when I arrive next week for the summer.

Guest DThump

The remaining beer bars in Sunee are way too guite however, there are 2 oustanding gogo bars Nice Boys as mentioned before offering manly boys unafraid to show their wares and offs and tips won't break the bank, on the twinky side of the spectrum is Winner go go with no shortage of twinks and cheap drinks.

It does seems long time are harder to come by nowadays. I wonder why. Does most boys have day jobs now that its getting harder to depends only on one income?

I don’t know about twinks but hunks certainly is true.

As far as I know most of them only do ST because they want to go clubbing or spend quality time with their friends drinking eating relaxing after the work.

After all, we don’t want to stay in the office longer than necessary, right? Who can blame them.

A group of boys were planning to go to the club after work

but one boy sent a message around midnight saying “ I just picked up a customer near Saladaeng station, will join you guys in the club 30min. later”. lol

Nab is a very popular destination after about 1am when the bars all close and for the next few hours boys will drop in as they can - particularly if a friendly farang is in the chair and offering to share his bottle of whisky generously.

An hour or two there and boys are much more hospitable to the idea of long time, but at my age it is as much about whether I still have the stamina at that time of night yet alone the cash to splash. 

Maybe short times and a decent night's sleep is the way to go ? LOL

It does seems long time are harder to come by nowadays. I wonder why. Does most boys have day jobs now that its getting harder to depends only on one income?

Hanging out with their friends late at night drinking at the bars, clubs and karaoke are top of most money boys priority list. The money comes and goes quickly so extra cash from long times probably will only appeal to a minority in Pattaya where the guys have many options to be out having fun all night.

Nice to hear that Sunee is not finished yet, which I thought would soon be the case following recent reports. During my early trips to Pattaya commencing 2002 it’s where I had most fun and found the most boys to share my bed. In fact I stayed a few times in the Elephant Guesthouse there.

Talking about long time which I prefer mostly because I love sex in the morning when I’m more relaxed and when I can summon up a nice hard erection.

always good to see vinapu and aussie.

News of yet another boy bar on the verge of closing. Ouds Bar in Sunee ready to throw in the towel if business doesn’t

pick up in next few weeks.

How can it? Its the middle of the low season.

On the other hand I do not think bars advertise that they are going through hard times. As with most closures you will only hear it after the event.

None at all, unless you believe that Thaksin's humanitarian and popular reforms to support the poor encouraged more young people to  stay at home rather than come to Pattaya. There were already fewer guys around due to the effectiveness of birth control  programmes in the preceding decades.

However, my view is that the guys follow the falangs, not the other way around. It is we gay falangs who stopped coming to Thailand in such large numbers; and the Thais  found other means to live in our absence..

After all, we don’t want to stay in the office longer than necessary, right? Who can blame them.

they are not on salary, long time usually brings more money. But of course they have their own criteria how to treat customers offer, accept or dismiss.

But I noticed on current trip that getting long time is becoming harder and harder which makes things more expensive , two short times cost  more that one LT. 

Maybe short times and a decent night's sleep is the way to go ? LOL

My God, what you are removing all fun from me? LOL

Your scenario materialized in few nights of  my current trip although I have my doubts about decent night's sleep unless one picks up boy early in the evening.

None at all, unless you believe that Thaksin's humanitarian and popular reforms to support the poor encouraged more young people to  stay at home rather than come to Pattaya. There were already fewer guys around due to the effectiveness of birth control  programmes in the preceding decades.

However, my view is that the guys follow the falangs, not the other way around. It is we gay falangs who stopped coming to Thailand in such large numbers; and the Thais  found other means to live in our absence..

During Taksin  times they started seriously to tackle underage problem in Sunee, whether it has to do with his policies or it's just coincidence, no idea.

Unfortunately some of farangs you mentioned stopped coming because of eradication of too young offerings, hopefully some of them rot in prison.

Even as late as 2013 when I was planning my first visit in Pattaya I got some warnings about need  check ID of ant prospective off from plaza. 

So Sunee in my opinion worked hard for her success and demise as well.

Yes I agree with Vinapu getting long time is becoming harder, I think it's because more boys now have regular jobs and doing short time as additional income first because the economic situation in Thailand is constantly improving and second reason less gay falangs come to Thailand than it used to be years ago.

The average age of the majority of tourists visiting Sunnee Plaza doesnt seem to have changed much over the last 20 years or so. This is surely illustrated by the number of bars and gogo bars which have folded. Now there is less than a handful left. How long can they last? Tourists have discovered other gay places around the world, some offering much the same as Sunnee although not perhaps with Asian boys. With oil prices on the rise again, air fares will start going up. At what point do gay tourists stop flying so far as Thailand?

Long time is harder to get than 10 years ago. I presume its down to changes in bar boy attitudes (mainly) & me being 25% older.

Having said that, it's not that difficult to get long time on the phone apps. There you can screen a number of boys without investing a fortune in drinks.

Guest DThump

The average age of the majority of tourists visiting Sunnee Plaza doesnt seem to have changed much over the last 20 years or so.

With oil prices on the rise again, air fares will start going up. At what point do gay tourists stop flying so far as Thailand?

The average of falangs in Sunee and Jomtien Complex is about 65.

At what point you ask do they stop coming, there has been a steady drop over the years one need only look at what is happening in Bangkok, Sunee, Boystown and in my opinion there is no reason anymore to visit Chiang Mai which had at a time had a thrieving gay scene.