Santiagodc

Manila massage practices

In Manila, I just found people on the apps & had them come to my hotel.   Some fantastic performers there.

A colleague who does get massages says happy endings are not common in the massage places.

I don't actually know what the going rate is.  Apparently the done thing is to take them "shopping", but that's not my way. 

According to my notes, I paid the first one PHP 700 (= 430 Thai baht).    He must have suggested that figure, as I probably would have offered PHP 1000 without any guidance.   

Some others got PHP1000 & I paid PHP 2000 long time, which was appreciated & all of them asked about repeat visits. 

THB 1 = PHP1.6

They don't seem quite as focussed on the fee for their time as in Thailand & the percentage who like to keep in touch & drop hints when their birthday comes around is higher.   If you're after a boyfriend, it's probably a good place to look.

They are also very passionate.

The Philippines is obviously much poorer than Thailand & figures back that up, as GDP per capita is $2976 there, compared with $6591 in Thailand.    People's pay tends to correlate with GDP & I suspect tips a fair way below Thai levels would still be very much appreciated.

Costs for food, coffee etc were lower too.   With hotels, I actually ended up paying more in than in Thailand, as I didn't really know the place too well and wanted a safe option.  

They also insist on up front payment on Booking.com etc.

agree with 909, was there some 2 yrs ago and tried out 1 msg-shop, I think it must have been that HiLom (a little far from the Cubao metro interchange, there are supposed to be many more such places in/around Cubao).

The place, from what I remember (and an avid visitor of BKK such shops-by now nearly 40), was quite dingy and unkempt, my suggestion to taker a shower before was met with surprise. BOys/''your male therapist''/ were chosen from a fisbowl. During msg the subject of ''special service'' came on and this then lead to a long bargaining session, which i myself not like at all. (I never ever do that in TH). What then happened was also not really to my liking-he turned into a tipical poh-imitator.

Agree also with 909 about cost in general and HTLs not just more exp. but also much more scarce as in BKK. That is for MNL-big city, countryside is less so. 

In provincial towns-if you intedn to do some travel, situation is even much more favorable to the apps etc. and prices lower too. Baguio has some fame to claim and its a cooler mountian city. But its near 7 hrs by bus from MNL and now plane.

"Baguio has some fame to claim and its a cooler mountian city. But its near 7 hrs by bus from MNL and now plane."

Pong, I went to Baguio many years ago and flew from Manila. But I was told recently there is NO longer a plane to Baguio.

INGAT!

gwm_in_usa

They closed Loakan airport (Baguio) back in 2012 when Benigno Aquino III was president, apparently the new president Duterte has ordered it refurbished and reopened but no dates have been set and no word in airlines wanting to fly there. Victory Liner have deluxe express busses going there and from memory they take 5 to 6 hours depending on traffic.