halfhansum

Wow

Good to hear that business in Winner Boys is on the up. I visited twice (maybe 3 times?) last holiday, both fairly early evening before 9pm.

The first time I think I was the only customer and seven or eight lads sitting around fairly aimlessly, but getting to their feet on to the stage and facing me hopeful of a drink (and maybe more).  I was there just for a drink before I headed into Eros, but I also felt slightly guilty. But the one lad was slightly more pushy standing on the part of the stage closest to me and more or less asking for a drink. Using sign language as best I could I suggested that if he dropped his pants and showed me his cock then I would buy him a drink. He hesitated for a moment and then did just that - and he got his drink. The other lads caught on and for the next few minutes lads were lining up in front of me to show me all they had got in exchange for a drink. Most did, a couple of lads slipped outside. There was definitely one 'winner boy I recall ! LOL  Cost less than I thought. I did get the barman to take a (cock-free) picture - but best I don't show it.

Second time I visited there was one other guy on the other side. This time I didn't have to ask, I was remembered and one by one a series of lads came up, dropped their pants, and flashed their wares, and  got their drink. Quite what the other customer made of this I don't know LOL, but the lads all seemed happy enough.

I wonder if any of them will remember me this August? 

He hesitated for a moment and then did just that - and he got his drink. The other lads caught on and for the next few minutes lads were lining up in front of me to show me all they had got in exchange for a drink. Most did, a couple of lads slipped outside. 

You would expect them to want cash in stead of a drink. I mean were they so desperate for a drink? You can buy it cheap in 7-11. 

Imagine how thirsty you must be to drop your pants in exhange for a drink. Cash I understand, that you can use to pay your rent end of the month (help pay for it).

You would expect them to want cash in stead of a drink. I mean were they so desperate for a drink? You can buy it cheap in 7-11. 

Imagine how thirsty you must be to drop your pants in exhange for a drink. Cash I understand, that you can use to pay your rent end of the month (help pay for it).

Yes I quite understand that and I usually do tip cash to those who come and sit with me.

But in this case it was a matter of keeping both the bar happy and the boys happy - I would imagine that the boys got something like 40 baht back on the cost of 120 baht boy drink? - not a lot I agree but enough for a bowl of food from a trolly. And first time it wasn't really planned - just kinda happened that way  and second time round it didn't need any encouragement for them to line up LOL

In Eros you even get a quick stroke of their cocks for the price of a boy drink - although inevitably most end up with a decent tip as well if their balls empty (even more if mine do! LOL).

Of course the boy get some of the money for the drink. That has been standard procedure for all bars I've ever heard of in Thailand. In Winnerboys a boydrink costs 130 baht and the boy gets 50 baht of that.

have searched for a Facebook page for "Winner" Boys Bar but haven't found it...

they have a web site even though probably as updated as my Facebook - not at all.

Maybe they were calling it "Wiener" Boys and they got the spelling humerously wrong.

contrary to popular belief both people and places without facebook page  are still exiesting

Agreed.   Facebook is like the bloody plague.   Also, it's a little bit like Herpes, as once you have it, you cannot shake it off.

Some businesses don't even have a proper website any more, but a Facebook page which you cannot view properly without having signed your life away without a Facebook membership.     I've tended to ignore such businesses.

Of course the boy get some of the money for the drink. That has been standard procedure for all bars I've ever heard of in Thailand. In Winnerboys a boydrink costs 130 baht and the boy gets 50 baht of that.

Boys usually get small slip which shows the date and boy’s tag number from the waiter when customers buy boy drink and boy keeps few slips for the pay day.

In Jupiter boy receives150 baht from 300 boy drink.

Some customers love to offer a shot of alcoholic drink with 100-1000 baht underneath the shot glass and encourage boys to drink in one go. I saw a boy received £20 note from a customer when he drank it in Jupiter last month.

And the boy asked me how much is £20 in baht afterward. lol

Some customers love to offer a shot of alcoholic drink with 100-1000 baht underneath the shot glass and encourage boys to drink in one go

too bad I'm not of proper age , I'd make a bundle because this is how I gulp my drinks- in one go, no tip necessary, LOL

on another hand I find practice you described repulsive - is kind like forcing unaccustomed buy to get drunk fast will all consequences.  

[quote name="vinapu" post="122659" timestamp="1530447354

on another hand I find practice you described repulsive - is kind like forcing unaccustomed buy to get drunk fast will all consequences.

I agree. I hate this too.

Also I dislike the game of rock-paper-scissors when loser has to drink. It seems popular with Asian girls in a boy bar never seen a farang playing it.

I heard some bar girls develop serious liver problems where the bars impose a certain monthly lady drink obligation.

Winner boys bar used to have a facebook page and a webpage but now I can't find either so they probably came to the conclusion that they don't need them. A bit strange since a facebookpage is free advertising.

I would suggest that most of the people who visit Sunee gogo bars will find Winner Boys.

Therefore, the gains in business for a Pattaya gogo bar keeping a web page are probably marginal.   Just a few extra customers.  Maybe 5% ?     Of course, once it is set up, the cost of keeping the website should be very low, therefore it would make business sense to keep the website even if the increase in sales is only a few per cent. .   

The main issue is the bar owner probably has no way of measuring the customer gains from the website and might not even be interested in bothering.

If I were to open a gogo bar in some back street of Chiang Rai, since there is not much of a known gay scene around, I suspect a web site would be very beneficial.    

I would suggest that most of the people who visit Sunee gogo bars will find Winner Boys.

Therefore, the gains in business for a Pattaya gogo bar keeping a web page are probably marginal. Just a few extra customers.

You are right and that is probably how the boss of Winner have reasoned too.