a447a

Bangkok report July 2018

He asked me if I had any condoms. What? Isn't he supposed to organise that? I didn't, so he went downstairs to get one. Unfortunately, he didn't have any KY.

when I go about places in Thailand I usually carry small lightweight backpack with condom, KY, and small bottle of mouthwash, in rainy season also umbrella, all just in case

I forgot to mention a conversation I had with a guy in GC earlier in the week. He was furiously typing on his phone and showed me the conversation he'd been having since the day before with a farang.

The farang is a customer of his from New York. He'd just arrived at Suwanaphumi and was caught with $150,000 cash in his suitcase. Apparently, the money was to be used to buy a house. To let him go the customs officer was demanding 15,000 baht, money which the farang didn't have. He was begging the boy to send the money to him, or else they were sending him to the lock-house. But as the boy said, as if I'd have a spare 15,000 floating about. He suggested the guy contact his company back home as they could afford to bail him out.

As of last night, he was still in Suwanaphumi! He's been there 6 days.

A warning to us all!

Lol

Guest finally

I forgot to mention a conversation I had with a guy in GC earlier in the week. He was furiously typing on his phone and showed me the conversation he'd been having since the day before with a farang.

The farang is a customer of his from New York. He'd just arrived at Suwanaphumi and was caught with $150,000 cash in his suitcase. Apparently, the money was to be used to buy a house. To let him go the customs officer was demanding 15,000 baht, money which the farang didn't have. He was begging the boy to send the money to him, or else they were sending him to the lock-house. But as the boy said, as if I'd have a spare 15,000 floating about. He suggested the guy contact his company back home as they could afford to bail him out.

As of last night, he was still in Suwanaphumi! He's been there 6 days.

A warning to us all!

Lol    ....So this guy claims to have 150000$ and can not leave the airport bec. he can not cough up 15000B....I think that he never would get away with this amount. I guess the customs officer would at least ask for 15000$ or even more. Foreigners like this are a "Gift from Buddha" for the custom clercs...maybe y boy misunderstood him.

Why would anyone brings that amount of cash around baffles me unless he is involved in something illegal. Serve him right then, no one shouldve help him out, not even other farang friends let alone the poor boy.

I read all the posts in the very long conversation and it seemed genuine to me. His conversation included pics. The boy may have misunderstood some of the conversation but he understood the gist - and the pleas for money.

I'm guessing the farang cannot withdraw cash from an ATM as there isn't one inside Customs.

I read all the posts in the very long conversation and it seemed genuine to me. His conversation included pics. The boy may have misunderstood some of the conversation but he understood the gist - and the pleas for money.

I'm guessing the farang cannot withdraw cash from an ATM as there isn't one inside Customs.

i would have guessed the custom officer would be happy to accept $ instead of Thai baht, don't you think so?

Its not just thailand but almost all countries have custom declarations rules for money, mostly equivalent to us10k, anything more, then you will have to declare on how you procure such money and why are u bringing it to that country etc. Again, if u didnt do anything illegal, its just more paperwork but it's necessary to deter illegal money laundering cases which usually involved several other crimes as well. And if he thinks of bringing that much money, and get away without bribing, he is kidding himself.

The custome might have already reported what the amount of money in dolar, so bribery must not be from the reported amount i guess?

Guest abang1961

Still resting at home but able to take some softer food for the past week.

Bread with peanut butter is my best friend.

No meat so far.

I believe it is foolish to carry a large amount of cash regardless of the location. 

We are already prime targets for the pickpockets all over the world.

Just to save a few dollars here and there from bank ATMs' administration and transfer charges, I avoid carrying more than USD 200 on me anytime.  Yes, that amount is small but sufficient as ATM are aplenty in most Asian countries.  Nowadays, credit cards are used to pay for almost everything - grocery to gasoline.

My comments:

This tourist with an intention to purchase a housing unit should have to know better about bank transfer etc.  He is just plain naive. He is wasting his precious time waiting for someone to fork out that THB 15000.  Which rent boy has that sort of money for him?

The more i read this story, the more this story resembles one of the scam story, where they promised your a large sum of money but before that u will need to help them to pay some fees so they can give u the money. Unless the boy have been this farang long lasting friends.

I agree that sounds like a scam.     He has $150,000 in cash in an airport with umpteen forex places & cannot manage to dip into the $150,000 to raise THB 15,000.

I read all the posts in the very long conversation and it seemed genuine to me. His conversation included pics. 

Regardless if that's scam or real trouble I wonder who else reads all those e-mails and messages which are sent to our boys thinking they will be only recipients  but it is shown to all and sundry / OK , to trusted all and sundry/. This includes posts we are making here.

I'm not saying that it's bad or good but we should keep that in mind that it may be more than one recipient.

About year ago we had commotion on the forum when somebody admitted to showing to boy , if I recall correctly , his picture placed in the post.

As we see above , boys are not any better. One of massage boys I recommended to one of our members as part of entertainment shown him pictures of him and his client taken night before. Now we both -other member and me feel bad.

This is lesson from that story apart from monetary woes.

I have no problem though with a447a posting it here as he is not a part of the story, just observer.

But it's sounding more and more like a scam.

Even if it's not it should be treated as such and best you can do to boy who entrusted you with that information is to advise him to keep as far from it as possible.

He doesn't want to be one charged with bribery and while I don't know Thai law , in some countries is against the law even to pay legally imposed penalty for somebody who is not   person's relative.

Still resting at home but able to take some softer food for the past week.

Just to save a few dollars here and there from bank ATMs' administration and transfer charges, I avoid carrying more than USD 200 on me anytime.  Yes, that amount is small but sufficient as ATM are aplenty in most Asian countries.  Nowadays, credit cards are used to pay for almost everything - grocery to gasoline.

******:

This tourist with an intention to purchase a housing unit should have to know better about bank transfer etc.  He is just plain naive. He is wasting his precious time waiting for someone to fork out that THB 15000.  Which rent boy has that sort of money for him?

good to learn you are feeling better as your previous post were a bit alarming

bank charges  for withdrawal will add up over time , depending of one's bank so caution is advised. I did 3 emergency withdrawals in July and total charges on both ends amounted to 1038 baht - short time tip in Pattaya.

Using credit card in foreign country still carries risk in lesser establishments, I'd use it in say, Robinson Depoartment store but necessarily     in mom and pap luggage store or restaurant in Ubon Nowhere even if they accept it. 

This morning I got e-mail  from friend vacationing in Spain thanking me for advising him to take some cash - chip on his card malfunctioned and banks in place he is  are not opened on weekends. As one who always carries cash, thieves or not I was thrilled beyond measure to tell him ' I TOLD YOU SO "

if story is true , not scam it could be actually request of seller to be paid  in cash for this or that reason, Thailand is still cash economy with all that corruption we hear about. He just went about getting cash there wrong way, should he declare it on both ends it would be no problem I guess. 

Sure early arrival gets us better selection and  sober boys , on another hand boys offed early tend to rush things hoping to go back to bar for a second chance.  

Two offs in one night are rare, I think.

I tend to off boys early because then they are not in a rush to get back to the bar. I rarely off after midnight, because then it will be bedtime for me soon, and the boy will not go back to the bar (that will be closed), but join his friends after work. And joining his friends might be more important than pleasing me.

I walked a bit further down the soi and was accosted by a guy at XBoys pool hall. He wasn't all that attractive so I continued walking. I heard footsteps being me. I turned around and was confronted by a very handsome guy, probably in his late twenties. His name is Den and he's gorgeous.

We went up 2 steep flights of stairs and entered the room. My god, it's huge! About the same size as my room at the Tarntawan. There's a large mattress up against the wall, on a dias. The shower is in the room and is also quite large.

I had massage above X-Size pool hall a month ago. I found it worth noticing that the shower inside the room has only cold water, so I went outside for a hot shower in the shared shower. There was no soap or shower gel or shampoo at the shower, after searching around for a while I found a piece of soap.