reader

Low season report BKK only

Welcome back, have an enjoyable fun time, and continue noting the changes you see...lessens the number of unneeded surprises for my next Bangkok jaunt.

Question - any particular reason you chose to fly west from JFK rather than east?

Surely the real issue with "jet lag" is adjusting your body clock to the time difference ?   

Moving west is easier, as it seems the body can more easily adjust to waking later.  

However if you fly from New York to Thailand, surely the time difference upon arrival is the same no matter which direction you take ?    

So if you do all the travel in one long hit, what is the difference ?     

If you stop off for several days at a few cities on the way, of course flying west is easier.

I must say it's way easier flying east for holidays, since we can (for example) go from getting up at 7:00 am for work in the UK to waking at 9~10:00 am for the first few days in Bangkok.   That's reducing the time difference from 7 to 4 hours.

On two of my last three trips I flew Qatar. It's shorter by nearly three hours. But this time I got better deal on ANA (which I've flown before and liked). When I first started my BKK travels I was a committed Delta customer and lost count of how many times I passed through Narita. Got to know some of the veteran flight attendants who bid the route for its benefits. But when Delta dropped Bangkok I dropped Delta.

It seems no matter which way I fly I get the most jet lag on the return home.

i am flying New York to BKK with a stop-over in Paris each way on Air France (10 hours going, 24 hours returning)... even though is sounds counter-intuitive, I did it last year and it was actually nice....

Arrive 21 July - staying for a bit more than a month.... and looking forward to reading your off-season report as well as soon contributing mine.

BTW: I note that New York is actually hotter than BKK today - ugh.

The place of change in Bangkok is amazing.

Since my last visit 9 weeks ago I have noticed that Indra Massage opposite Tawan has now been taken over by Art Massage and Indra had moved further down the soi towards Mango Tree restaurant.

Art Massage has opened lots of new shops and they businesses now dominate Suriwong Road.

Many new restaurants have appeared in Siam Paragon and Hooters have opened a restaurant on Silom Road.

Tokyo Boys gogo had opened next to Screwboys, although I can't see them lasting long.

One thing is for sure - they don't muck about in Bangkok. It's a living city.

The place of change in Bangkok is amazing.

Since my last visit 9 weeks ago I have noticed that Indra Massage opposite Tawan has now been taken over by Art Massage and Indra had moved further down the soi towards Mango Tree restaurant.

Art Massage has opened lots of new shops and they businesses now dominate Suriwong Road.

Many new restaurants have appeared in Siam Paragon and Hooters have opened a restaurant on Silom Road.

Tokyo Boys gogo had opened next to Screwboys, although I can't see them lasting long.

One thing is for sure - they don't muck about in Bangkok. It's a living city.

are the Super A/Nature Boy cluster of bars still there???

He places his left hand on my right leg and I glance down to inspect the abs that had drawn me to him. Washboard would be a good description. He tellls he's from Myanmar and is available tonight. I run my hand over his firm back, shoulders and arms and there's ample confirmation that this is a chiseled specimen

But here's my dilemma: it's after 10:30 now and I'm meeting my regular guy at hotel at midnight

you wasted perfect  opportunity to survey short time rooms in the Suriwong hotel.  LOL

Butr there's always next day although often when we return to pick up such dream boy day or two later it turns he is gone or absent 

I've written about it before and it's always first stop: Nakarat at corner of Silom and Soi 4 (same place Vinapu mentioned in his recent TR). My two favorite guys from Vietnam are there and they certainly didn't disappoint this time (Both have beaming smiles and grear dispositions to compliment their massage skills. Like most of the guys I choose, they're straight ("man" in the vernacular), but always leave me happy. And they enjoy being on the receiving side of massage, a big asset in my book. There are many good lads to choose from here. One hour 450, 90-minute 600. Shower down the hall, a warm cup of good tea after. Located on third floor.

Would you tell us how much did you tip, or how much the expectation is?

There are certainly cute boys, but I once walked past with a Farang friend, who chatted in Thai with the boys, and was quoted 2000. A year later, I'm still in shock.

Guest abang1961

I suffer from jetlag whenever I cross the International Time Line from the States to Asia.

Once I boarded the plane from SFO at 11 pm on a Tuesday and returned to Singapore on a Thursday afternoon.

I lost almost 2 days.... sad...

My remedy to fight jet lag is to go to the swimming pool.  

I may not be tanning but I find lying on a deck-chair in open space and plenty of sunshine is my way to fight the fatigue.

It may work for me but not everyone - lots of eye candy at the pool helps!

Low season and World Cup..

The correlation is a wee bit far-fetched.  From what I know, not many gays are interested in such sports - give me diving anytime.

Those are who there during this period ..please do the boys a favour... off them as much as your wallet allows..  the boys need your patronage and financial support.  

One question: Low season means lesser supply of working boys or lower competition?

you wasted perfect opportunity to survey short time rooms in the Suriwong hotel. LOL

Butr there's always next day although often when we return to pick up such dream boy day or two later it turns he is gone or absent

I did indeed. One of the drawbacks of having a regular you don't want to disappoint. Up until a year ago, I was a committed butterfly.

There are certainly cute boys, but I once walked past with a Farang friend, who chatted in Thai with the boys, and was quoted 2000. A year later, I'm still in shock.

Starting this trip I've upped my one-hour tip to 1300 and 90-min. to 1800. No complaints yet. I do tend to use guys I like frequently.

Low season and World Cup..

The correlation is a wee bit far-fetched. From what I know, not many gays are interested in such sports - give me diving anytime.

Those are who there during this period ..please do the boys a favour... off them as much as your wallet allows.. the boys need your patronage and financial support.

One question: Low season means lesser supply of working boys or lower competition?

I'm a sports fan and many gays I know are as well. And haven't had a massage this trip where the guy didn't bring up the games. And, for the record, I find Neymar one of the sexiest guys on the pitch.

Regarding number of guys and competition, a bit of both. Many guys from out of town use the opportunity to take a break and return home.

Btw, it is a gorgeous evening here with a good breeze and manageable humidity. An improvement over what folks are experiencing in much of the US and Europe.

One of the drawbacks of having a regular you don't want to disappoint. Up until a year ago, I was a committed butterfly.

Starting this trip I've upped my one-hour tip to 1300 and 90-min. to 1800. No complaints yet. I do tend to use guys I like frequently.

It may be age and / or experience thing , I 'm the same,  at one point and I think it was trip #10 I realized that it's stupid to look for  another guy when one I had night before was cooked to perfection and butterfly in me started dying.  May be less variety but known quality is to be appreciated.

Nakarat boys will be happy with such tips, in fact most of boys would be happy, LOL

My favorite last trip from there  when tipped 1500  was clearly pleased and surprised saying ' many money' even if it was amount he suggested when I asked him to undress a bit so I 'm sure he was just trying to fish  for higher tip.

nothing to be shocked about , it was clear invitation to bargain in my opinion. Some boys realize that depending on kindness of strangers is not as profitable as asking for more than regular fee, I call it fishing.

Heading to bkk for 5 nights next month August.. any changes to the gay club scene? Last i heard they are demolishing the clubs to build new condo... so where are e clubs now...

by time thy demolish clubs you will be very old man.

as for changes - don't look for XSize - already boarded but all other bars in soi are working. Visit new bar G-boy across the Suriwong in soi Wall Street.

Moonight replaced Boy66 in old Jupiter location.

Upstairs from Screwboys is Fresh boys new location and beside Screwboys is new Tokyo boys bar.

Have fun and don't forget to report here what you saw.

Wow thnx.. G boy club? Never heard of lol. Across surawong in soi wall street.. not sure where is it lol

Soi Wall Street is to  the right of Greek temple looking building  across the street from soi Twilight. You will be there , you will find it, fairly easy to spot.