musgrave

Last week in Bangkok

Great report!

Echo what you say about Raya and GBoys.

Good to hear you had fine time a that Art Massage location. Although I patronize the Art stops on other side of Surawong, they all seem to be working off same business model that bodes well for the group.

I've heard the same from Viet guys about scattered crackdowns that don't affect guys from Cambodia, Laos and Myanmar but does indeed target them. As with most of these sweeps, they seem to come and go in phases. I know two who are returning home for visits later this month in addition to one who who left last week.

It's encouraging to see how many members are visiting Bkk off season and--more important--sharing their experiences.

Is G Boys still open?

I found it by accident one night and a tout tried to get me to enter the bar. I distinctly remember the sign outside the bar.

I walked along Suriwong Road a few times after that, looking for the sign but I didn't see it. The tout had disappeared, too.

Thanks for the report Musgrave

Screwboys - one of my favourite places - mainly Viet boys, lots of twinks - learned that if you bought a bottle of whisky, mixers were free - but if you didn't finish it and left it for the following night, mixers for the second night were 1000 thb.  Maybe it was just a con and in retrospect should have just bought another bottle of whisky - but you live and learn.  Still didn't dampen my enjoyment at the venue

Do you remember what you paid for the original mixer setup and what brand & size it was?

Also can the boys (or staff) drink for free or is there a charge?

I was there last month and quoted 1500 for a "bottle" of 100 pipers and all mixers free ... which i thought was pretty reasonable (cheaper than pattaya!) especially as there were 3 of us

It was my last night andwe were leaving at the time so never got to go back and actually open a bottle!

A few days earlier we were quoted for similar in Zaab Cafe (in Pattaya) and the whiskey that turned up was only 500ml and the "free" mixers stopped after 4 bottles and a tiny bucket of ice!

yes - G Boys still open last week - the tout was out on Surawong Rd but my companions knew where it was.

If I recall correctly it was 100 Pipers - normal size not 1 litre - and @1500 thb - boys could share freely - don't think they got a ticket though like they do when you buy them an individual drink.

Incidentally I was somewhere else recently and a bucket of ice was 20 thb