fedssocr

current VN gay scene?

Anyone spent much time in Vietnam lately? I spent a little over a week in Hanoi and then central VN about a decade ago and didn't love it. I am considering giving HCMC a try early next year. The Blued app if full of gorgeous Vietnamese guys doing their thing which has really piqued my interest. :-) Or should I just stay in Thailand and meet the Vietnamese boys there instead?

Although I've never been to VN, can assure you that there are many Viet guys who'd like to make your acquaintance in BKK.

Ah, but what percentage of the Viet boys in BKK are prepared to meet your acquaintance & then do nothing more than take your money ?      

Looking cute, luring you in and then providing no service at all is of no interest.

And, has the situation in Vietnam improved ?

The situation in Vietnam has vastly changed. With the apps. Bangkok’s Vietnamese are straight boys. The Apps have allowed the gay boys in Vietnam a place to surface. I don’t use the apps, other than to just see what’s going on. Vietnam is the only place that I have received messages from boys . Because I don’t hire off apps, I have very little in my profile, I was surprised to be contacted.

If you go to Vietnam and use the apps, you will have a good time. Paid or free.

thanks for that info. any particular places in Vietnam that are better than others? I'd imagine the big cities have the most going on. Since I've already been north and central I figured HCMC would be worth checking out. But I've seen conflicting reports about the place...too much traffic, hard to get around, etc

All my experience is with Hanoi. If your looking for a gay scene, not much. One bar, few massage places. The apps are alive though. If you want company you will find it.

Lots of traffic. To much ? That’s for you to decide. I’m a city person so that stuff doesn’t bother me. Uber and grab taxi work well.

Taxis are cheap. Pretty much everything in Vietnam is cheap. Crossing the street is harder than getting around.

HCMC is developing a gay scene. A few bars and massage places, but you have to find them. The apps are very busy. You can always find someone to show you around. More expensive than Hanoi, but Vietnam is still a bargain.

thanks for that info. any particular places in Vietnam that are better than others? I'd imagine the big cities have the most going on. Since I've already been north and central I figured HCMC would be worth checking out. But I've seen conflicting reports about the place...too much traffic, hard to get around, etc

I have visited Vietnam six times in the last few years touring in all the major cities from Hanoi to HCM. Using the apps i met guys in every city and some have become very good friends. Most were not money boys but plenty are available. I like Twinks and no problems meeting them in Vietnam. Hanoi and HCM were the easiest places to meet guys but i had some nice surprises in Dalat, Nha Trang and DaNang.