TotallyOz

Lonely Planet's Best Destinations 2018- Chiang Mai Makes the List

How many of these have you been to?

https://edition.cnn.com/travel/article/lonely-planet-best-destinations-asia-2018/index.html

1. Busan, South Korea
2. Uzbekistan
3. Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4. Western Ghats, India
5. Nagasaki, Japan
6. Chiang Mai, Thailand
7. Lumbini, Nepal
8. Arugam Bay, Sri Lanka
9. Sìchuan Province, China
10. Komodo National Park, Indonesia

I am a sad 4 out of 10.

2/10 lol guess i need to travel to more places but i cant help thinking that i need to plan my next bangkok trip though haha

me too, just 2/10 but at least  Uzbekistan included.

Lonely planet may have their best 10 destinations, what about vinapu's best 10:

1. BoyzBoyzBoyz, Pattaya

2. Arena Bangkok

3. Senso, Bangkok

4. Tawan , Bangkok

5. Moonlight, Bangkok

6. Abomb , Pattaya

7. Copa massage , Pattaya

8.Jupiter, Bangkok

9. Nakarat massage Bangkok

10. My Hero, bangkok

me too, just 2/10 but at least  Uzbekistan included.

Lonely planet may have their best 10 destinations, what about vinapu's best 10:

1. BoyzBoyzBoyz, Pattaya

2. Arena Bangkok

3. Senso, Bangkok

4. Tawan , Bangkok

5. Moonlight, Bangkok

6. Abomb , Pattaya

7. Copa massage , Pattaya

8.Jupiter, Bangkok

9. Nakarat massage Bangkok

10. My Hero, bangkok

Hey, I like your list and now I feel better. 8/10 but plan on visiting Moonlight soon.

And im 5/10 on vinapu's list, 3 of those are in pattaya, so discounting that, still 5/7. Senso and nakarat are the two that have yet received my patronage

so you know where to start your next trip, lol. Nakarat is easy as boys are outside so you can glance offerings without stepping in but Senso is nerve wracking like Arena or My Hero - you open door all all of the sudden all those smiling angels.

Only two:

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam and Chiang Mai, Thailand.
But I have been (overnight in a hotel or at a friend's place) to 52 out of 77 provinces in Thailand.

if I'm not mistaken few years ago on one of forums you stated your goal of having sex in each one of  77 Thai provinces, hope those 52 all count !

You are mistaken. I had sex only in a few of these 52 provinces: Bangkok, Lopburi, Chiang Mai, Tak, Nakon Savan, Sakon Nakon, Khon Kaen, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakon, Pathum Thani, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Surat Thani, Chumphon, Songkhla, Chonburi, Chanthaburi, Phrae. From memory, maybe more if I think longer.

These Lonely Planet guides seem to require a new top 10 to go in each new year book, presumably in order to keep up sales. Of course, the underlying merits of each destination don't change that much.

Someone bought me such a book & in the top 10 cities list, second is Detroit. They may well be right, but I have my doubts & am not going there any time soon to check it out.

Despite all the changes in the bar industry, Vinapu's top 10 probably has fewer changes from year to year.

You are mistaken. I had sex only in a few of these 52 provinces: Bangkok, Lopburi, Chiang Mai, Tak, Nakon Savan, Sakon Nakon, Khon Kaen, Samut Prakan, Samut Sakon, Pathum Thani, Kanchanaburi, Prachuap Khiri Khan, Surat Thani, Chumphon, Songkhla, Chonburi, Chanthaburi, Phrae. From memory, maybe more if I think longer.

still impressive list and nothing to be shy about

Someone bought me such a book & in the top 10 cities list, second is Detroit. They may well be right, but I have my doubts & am not going there any time soon to check it out.

There's some merit in selection of Detroit as it's prime example  of urban decay in postindustrial western world, ugly but in the same breath quite fascinating and very different from sanitized and prosperous cities