bucknaway

Trying something new this trip

Okay, I purchased my ticket to Thailand for a September holiday. This trip I will not arrive in Bangkok from Philadelphia. I fly Wednesday night on Qatar Airways from Philadelphia to Phuket and I will land Friday, around 6am in the morning. This will be my first time entering Thailand through Immigration in Phuket so I don't know what to expect or arrival. I've already booked a room at K Hotel through Agoda. I have a friend in Phuket who likes to be my shadow while there. He is a nice guy with a good job, a motorbike, Car, attractive face, good body and an above average dick. Yeah I know you guys like to say Cock but we say dick where I come from, haha!

Anyway.... I am trying to find the right way to tell him I want to have 2 days to explore on my own. That is code for wanting to sleep with all the guys I can before I have to focus on him. But I must admit that he is not the jealous type and proved that by taking me to a sauna in Phuket that reminded me of a converted 3 story apartment. I knew it was going to be a nice visit once we pulled up on his motorbike and a Thai guy appearing to be leaving the sauna stopped to talk to me as my friend walked his motorbike into a parking spot. Once we told him we were going into the sauna he looked as if to be deciding whether or not he should go back in. He left after asking me how many more days will I be in Pattaya? I told him I leave in the morning, once hearing that he said goodnight. My friend never did tell me the name of the sauna. I think he told me it didn't have a name. I think I saved the location on my phone but for the life of me I can't find the pin I placed on google maps for it.

So I will stay in Phuket for 3 days then I head to Chiang Mai for 3 days. I want to stay at the Lotus hotel, but the pictures they have up are the same pictures I saw when I was there back when Jesus was a baby! Reviews are up and down. Some love the place and others say it has seen better days and priced well above its value.

I've stayed there 2 or 3 times in the past. On my last trip there over 10 years ago, I remember they had a can of disinfectant near the front door to my Loft style room. The spray was to mask the strong smell of mold in the room. It was a shame because it was a great room.

My favorite place to stay is at PJ's Place. I've stayed there time and time again and it never fails to impress me. They pick you up from the airport, let you relax in a quiet, comfortable, clean, well appointed room. Feed you breakfast and return you to the airport when your stay is over. I love that place but I want to try a place close to the gogo bars. PJ's is close to the Malls and House of Male 2 and there is no lack of tuktuk's around to take you where you are going. But on a late night when you are returning from the bar... If you have a guy with you for some bed fun, it can be an inconvenience.

After my 3 days in Chiang Mai, I head to Pattaya for 11 days. I booked 5 nights at Ambiance hotel through Agoda. They were a lot cheaper than booking.com this time. I mostly wanted the penthouse room and agoda will let me cancel the room without charge, so if I am able to find a better price I can cancel this booking and go for the cheaper booking and I will be looking often up and until I am headed to the airport. After my 5 days in Ambiance, I will head to Jomtien and stay at View Talay 7 if I am able to find a room I like.

After Pattaya I head to Bangkok. This will be the first time I arrive in Thailand without spending one single night in a hotel room at Babylon. I will instead be staying at the Bandara Suites Hotel. I wanted to try a Airbnb room and I saw some nice rooms and was ready to send a request but once I saw I could get an executive 1 bedroom suite with kitchen and living room from Bandara for 1800 baht using their own website.... Well.... I am just not sure I can do better than that. Yeah it is tried and true but that is not a bad thing all the time right?

Now about Phuket Airport Immigration? Has anyone experienced it? Any insight or advice?

I always find its best to look at other international flights arriving at around the same time. According to the airports arrival/departure page, the Qatar flight arrives at 6:55 am. Luckily there is no international flight arriving for an hour before then. The nearest is from Chengdu at 05:55. So if your flight is on time and others are not early, Immigration should be a breeze.

There is an Emirates 777 arriving at 07:20 followed immediately by three short haul international flights. I reckon you will be fine unless your flight is delayed.

https://www.phuketairportonline.com/flight-status-arrivals-departures/

The immigration in Phuket is usually much less bussy than BKK no worry.

Last year I stayed in Phuket more than a week and I must admit the glory days of the gay area Paradise complex are over many gay venues were permanently closed,much less boys and in general the place is disturbing quiet. Phatong beache is dirty and narrow not beutifull as used to be and the gay area beach non exist anymore.

if your flight is on time and others are not early, Immigration should be a breeze.

The one controllable factor is where you are in the queue relative to other customers on your own plane.

Book a seat as near as possible to the front of the plane in your class. Move like hell from the plane to immigration.

I see they are offering a fast track reservaction service to help speed people through immigration. Since I can't register at my hotel till noon, I will deal with the long wait at immigration if there is one and save myself the 1200 baht fast track fee

As I said, I love the Bandara.

• It's close to Silom.  You can walk there in 8 minutes.  
  • The 1 Bedroom Suite is a pleasure to stay in.  The TV gets enough english channels with a few Premium movie channels.
  • The beds are soft
  • the safe is large enough to hold my 17" laptop with room to spare.
  • The kitchen is fully functional.

I have visited the floor with the pool, gym and spa.  It's nice but I was not interested in it until I saw a hot guy exit to that floor.

The reception is friendly and I have never had a problem with visitors.  If they don't come directly up to my room and ring the doorbell, Then chances are, they stopped at reception and they are ringing my phone checking to see if it is ok to let the guest come up.

The rooms have spacious bath tubs...  I would prefer a walk in shower.

They have Wifi but it's not great.  It gets the job done.  I often ignore their wifi and use my phone wifi plan when in the room.

They also have a side door to exit the hotel grounds.  It opens up to a alley type streat (not road) that gets you quicker on you walk to Silom.

post-365-0-00504100-1532132314_thumb.jpg

post-365-0-25455300-1532132337_thumb.jpg

Guest abang1961

This is coming from a sick man

I had just informed my travel agent push back all their promotions temptations till end-Nov 2018.

Much worse than a sofa-commentator, may I offer its cheap and tranquil Krabi.

You could get upgraded to a pool villa for less than THB 1200 and breakfast is thrown in

The booth at the sharp corner offers the nest official prices. 

Everything can be arranged for a small fee.

There are only two gay saunas in Phuket that I know of:

Aquarius Gay Guesthouse & Sauna and

TARA sauna (quite new I think, has two branches in Bangkok).

I sent my friend a message asking him the name again. He says he does not know but once he finds out he will tell me and I will tell you.

As I remember, the guy on duty at the desk only spoke Thai and my friend had to talk to him on my behalf. Also, on entering, you leave your shoes at reception but they insisted on keeping my shoes behind the receptionists desk and not with the flipflops left by other visitors.

Like you, I love PJ's Place. I find it amazing and charming and love the owners. Good choice.

Have you ever tried Condo 6 in central Pattaya?  I like being close to the mall and that is easy. 

Thanks for mentioning VT6. I had seen the listing on agoda but didn't pay much attention to it. Looks like very good value. I booked the big corner sea view unit for a few nights...looking forward to it (6 months from now). I usually spend daytime hours at the big mall too when I am in Pattaya. A little far from the night time action, but I suppose I can always take the baht bus.

Thanks for mentioning VT6. I had seen the listing on agoda but didn't pay much attention to it. Looks like very good value. I booked the big corner sea view unit for a few nights...looking forward to it (6 months from now). I usually spend daytime hours at the big mall too when I am in Pattaya. A little far from the night time action, but I suppose I can always take the baht bus.

I walked to Boyztown a lot when there. But, it is also a quick baht bus ride away and the VT6 has entrance on both roads. So, just walk to Beach Road to get to Boyztown. For Sunnee, I'd take a motorbike taxi and it was really quick as well. But, not for the faint of heart. 

Glad you are giving it a try.  I have stayed there many times and always enjoyed it.