Jasper

A NAKED Brit businessman was found dead in a pool of blood after a ”row” with his toy boy lover in his Bangkok apartment.

BRIT’S THAI DEATH RIDDLE Naked Brit businessman dead in his apartment in a pool of blood after ‘row’ with his Thai toy boy lover

Kitson Alexander Smith, 74, was found in the Bangkok apartment he had rented for two years last Thursday

By Guy Birchall

20th July 2018, 12:00 pm

Updated: 20th July 2018, 2:40 pm

A NAKED Brit businessman was found dead in a pool of blood after a ”row” with his toy boy lover in his Bangkok apartment.

Kitson Alexander Smith, 74, from Oxford, had been renting the upmarket apartment, a short walk from the notorious Patpong red light district in the Thai capital, for two years.

The former business school boss travelled regularly to the Thailand where he is said to have taken young men back to his room.

But Smith was found dead last Thursday afternoon with blood surrounding his head having suffered what appeared to be head wounds.

Police said Smith had used the rented property regularly but did not live there and was known to have at least one Thai toy boy lover ”in his 30s who visited his room”.

Staff at the Silom City Resort revealed they had seen him arrive back in taxis late at night having visited a nearby bars and strip clubs.

A worker at the block said on Sunday morning: ”The old man went to Patpong a lot. I worked at nights and saw him come back with men.

”There was an argument with one but I don’t know who it was or the exact day. We don’t know when he died.

”Another guard had told me that there was a disagreement but didn’t think it was anything to worry about.”

Smith had been lying dead in a corner of his bedroom about for ”four or five days” before a housekeeper discovered his body last Thursday morning.

There was an unopened bottle of wine on a coffee table and what appeared to be a gift on the sideboard. He was naked apart from a pair of socks half covering his feet.

A forensics officer who attended the scene and recovered the body said: ”The body was in an unusual state. There was blood from the head and a wound.

”I would say it was suspicious but he could have fallen down, he could have taken an overdose. That is for the police to investigate.”

Lt. Col. Ittirat Lertsakul of Thungmahamek Police station, who had been dealing with the death, said Smith had rented the apartment for two years, but it was unclear whether he lived in Bangkok permanently.

He added: ”He stayed alone at the apartment, and the Thai man occasionally came over. As far as I know, they were lovers.

I'm not sure if he lived in Thailand permanently. It's like when he was in Thailand, he would call up this friend.''

He said that police do not suspect foul play because ''there are no bruises on his body'' but they are still investigating.

The Sun Online has contacted the Foreign and Commonwealth Office.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6825800/british-businessman-dead-row-thailand-lover-kitson-alexander-smith/

With a farang death if there is any conceivable way of getting away with calling it suicide or natural causes, or accidental death - no matter how far fetched - you can bet that will be the official judgement.

Why? If we would do such a thing to foreigners killed in our countries ("oh if it is a black victim lets just call it suicide, who cares the murderer is caught, he is only black") we would justifiably be called racists and the UN would impose sanctions against us for violating human rights.

But Thailand gets away with it?

Why? If we would do such a thing to foreigners killed in our countries ("oh if it is a black victim lets just call it suicide, who cares the murderer is caught, he is only black") we would justifiably be called racists and the UN would impose sanctions against us for violating human rights.

Why indeed?

My comment was just an observation - however if I was being really cynical I might suggest that there is far far less work for them to do if its suicide?

Can be, but only if they would apply that same reasoning if the victim was Thai. Else they get away with racism.

In my experience, and others may have a different POV, is that most Thai's divide the worlds population into two unequal parts: Thai and non-Thai. LOL

And sadly it is as simple as that - but we still love them!  :) 

It's usually end as you said but in this case the police specifically mentioned that his Thai boy lover is a prime suspect.

and we know very well why

Very true Vinapu !. After visiting Thailand, Pattaya in particular over the last 20 years I am very aware of the pitfalls and dangers of relationships with Thais. In my case boys providing sexual services to gay Western men. In recent years these relationships have been short term non -emotional but I have had Thai boyfriends on a more long term basis in the past. We all know about the importance of “Face” to Thais and also the saying “Money Number 1”. Recalling one stormy relationship I wonder if I was in danger of ending up like Mr Smith in the Bangkok morgue.

The problems arise when unreasonable expectations are aroused. Some falangs and some Thais-particularly those new to the scene- expect too much from a commercial assignations. It's best to be honest.  

spot on.

I had few cases when I start wondering whose agenda I'm realizing  on MY vacations, boy's or mine  as boy was moving too fast to latch himself to me permanently , at last for length  of my stay.

And all forums have stories of broken-hearted farangs complaining about their boys infidelities forgetting that giving boy  that gold chain or motorcycle doesn't mean buying a boy.  

But OP story is still not clear as it could be foul play but also just an accident , specially considering source / I mean The Sun , not Jasper, the poster / 

Racism and corruption can cut in many directions, it seems. Other races suffer from it in LOS more than we do. If it's the other way around, and a money boy is killed by is farang, the depth of the farang' pockets and the status of the money boy make all the difference. A Burmese boy I knew was found dead in the Malaysia Hotel ( sorry to bore those of you who read this story before), and his farang murderer somehow was not charged and went back to his country. One wonders what the going rate is for buying one's way out of a murder charge. One wonders if the bribe is higher if one murders a Thai national. Higher still if it's a middle class Thai who is not a money boy? And then there are those two poor Burmese boys framed for killing the young British tourists on the beach.

The evils of the status, money, nationality pecking order know no bounds. Some human beings are treated simply as garbage, but readers of this blog will never fall into that group. The banality of evil, as Hannah Arendt described the Europe of the last century, still very much alive and well.

One of the best books I have read which covers, amongst other topics, relationships between Thais and foreigners is

‘Honorary Consul Pattaya” by Barry Kenyon, who represented the British Government in Pattaya. In this capacity he helped the many Brits in trouble in all sorts of ways over a number of years.

He hit the headlines a couple of years being one of the expats arrested by the Thai police for playing bridge and belonging to “The Pattaya Bridge Club”. An event which evoked derision all over the world.

As far as I can tell, bribery & corruption is common place in many Asian countries, also Africa, South America, plus parts of Eastern & Southern Europe.

Thailand is not unique.

However, it seems sensible to take certain steps, such as ensuring no one is in a position to benefit financially from our early deaths.

Dating one night at a time should help avoid messy break ups, however of course it's easy to say this when visiting Thailand on holiday.

I'm also fortunate to like small slim guys & not yet be feeble myself, so some level of self defence should be possible. Even if defusing a situation and walking off is a better strategy.

However, I also like to remember that reports of unpleasant incidents are rare & there are many farang visiting Thailand every year.

However, I also like to remember that reports of unpleasant incidents are rare ...............

and it's not always boy or girl who is at fault,

it's not coincidence that some massage places are collecting fee and minimum tip up front or some customers , not necessarily farang are sitting in the bar completely ignored

One of the best books I have read which covers, amongst other topics, relationships between Thais and foreigners is

‘Honorary Consul Pattaya” by Barry Kenyon, who represented the British Government in Pattaya. In this capacity he helped the many Brits in trouble in all sorts of ways over a number of years.

He hit the headlines a couple of years being one of the expats arrested by the Thai police for playing bridge and belonging to “The Pattaya Bridge Club”. An event which evoked derision all over the world.

Thanks for the tip. I just ordered it on line.

The problems arise when unreasonable expectations are aroused. Some falangs and some Thais-particularly those new to the scene- expect too much from a commercial assignations. It's best to be honest.  

Even so, brutally murdering someone is hardly an appropriate or proportionate response.

Thanks, just got the book from Amazon.