reader

Much ado about nothing?

NOTE -- You don't have to look far in the headlines to find claims of "fake news" but I think there's a possibility this may be a fitting candidate. Below you'll find a follow up story to a claim on Twitter that a group of men were having sex in the daytime in Lumpinee Park. Below that article you find an article from the Bangkok Post from the previous day. In Post account, the Bangkok governor says he exercises there daily and has never seen the likes of it; a police general tweets that there's a 100,000 bht reward for anyone who can prove it; and a park security guard who says that he saw it in progress but all participants were--of course--foreigners. And all this is based on a tweet by someone who calls himself @jiji_winkieboy. What foreigners go to Bangkok to have sex with other foreigners anyway? You be the judge.

From The Nation

bc5c045194dc54260a4dfabdc4ab2e1e-sld.jpe

Complaints online about homosexual men having sex in Lumpini Park has prompted the Bangkok Metropolitan Administration is keep a closer watch on all 37 public parks in the capital.

The complaint on Twitter about gay sex at 360-rai Lumpini Park was widely re-tweeted. 

“I have already ordered an increase in officials patrolling the parks,” Deputy Governor Chakrabhand Phiew-ngarm said on Sunday. 

He said the parks were also fitted with security cameras and more lighting.

Continues with video

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351984

------------------

From Bangkok Post

A titillating tweet from a jogger claiming to have seen a group of people having sex in Lumpini Park sent Bangkok governor Aswin Kwanmaung into a state of denial that such activities go on there.

He exercised twice a week in the country's most famous public park, right in the city's centre, and had never seen such goings on there, the governor exclaimed.

Pol Gen Aswin Kwanmuang on Friday challenged the person who posted the message, saying he would give the tweeter 100,000 baht if he could prove it was true.

But the city's director of public parks, Arom Wongmaha, and a security officer at Lumpini confirmed the report, according to TV Channel 3.

Mrs Arom said the sexual romp was reported on Tuesday around 3pm, and all involved were foreigners.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general/1519350/sex-in-the-park-doesnt-happen-blusters-city-governor

I think it's likely true. Some farang seem to think LOS=Land of Sex, anywhere anytime. Check out the men's room at Chatuchak Park some time. Some guys like the risk of public park sex, and some farang are stupid. Combine the two and anything can happen!

Well, you got me thinking: could this in fact be true. So I set out to find @jiji_winkieboy and it wasn't difficult. This tweet on Aug. 6 seems to be among those that got this yarn going (original Thai run through Google translate):

"Very bad experience This is a great way to start your day. But it's going to rain. To walk to the path that never went. What do you know? People are standing in the dark with the first thought that comes with Pokemon. I often see the employees in the office to catch the Pokemon good enough to eat it! (per)"

And another from Aug. 7:

"I think the scene outside the garden is lively people love to run a lot of love, but if it is in the middle of the garden it will be dark. There are people out there who are horny outdoor. In it, Phi Phi is like Harry uses baking powder to diarrhea, but the wrong pronunciation is wrong. It's a nonsense !!!!"

Somehow I remain unpersuaded.  But you can find more of his many tweets below:

https://twitter.com/jiji_winkieboy

Years ago, at night, I was walking by the park along the sidewalk with only the fence separating me from the park itself. As I passed a dark area crowded with Bush and trees, a voice whispered to me offering me sex and challenging that if i no cum, i no pay... i kept walking.

Attractive ones?

Possibility but why not just remain at home if that's your objective.

But that aside, I'd be remiss if I didn't call attention to your achievement--now a year in the rear view mirror--that your boyish modesty prevents you from doing so.  Your brief but excellent adventure on Gaybutton's board established a record for all boards, current and extinct, in the category of shortest duration of membership.

On Aug. 11, 2017,  you registered as a new member and immediately posted an attack on a long-time member in the thread about Soi Twilight.  Although GB quickly detected your intrusion, deleting your post along with your membership, I think your record (about two hours was it?) is safe.

Possibility but why not just remain at home if that's your objective.

Perhaps they were in Bangkok for other reasons (not everyone goes to Thailand for sex) and happened to chance upon one another at the park and it was an impromptu thing.  Perhaps they were fans of outdoor sex and organised one through the hook-up apps.  Perhaps they invited some of the locals and they weren't interested.  My boyfriend and I have jogged at Lumpini Park very early in the morning and we've met and had coffee with some very nice and helpful Chinese-Thai professionals from the nearby condos and offices.  An unlikely place to make and expand your social and business network but it happens!

My boyfriend and I have jogged at Lumpini Park very early in the morning and we've met and had coffee with some very nice and helpful Chinese-Thai professionals from the nearby condos and offices.  An unlikely place to make and expand your social and business network but it happens!

Perhaps you only associate with "Thai-Chinese professionals" and not the indigenous Thais who work the bars and massage shops.

And perhaps you aren't really a 23-year-old Singaporean exchange student in Chiang Mai as you claim.

Perhaps you'll tire of this charade.

Years ago, at night, I was walking by the park along the sidewalk with only the fence separating me from the park itself. As I passed a dark area crowded with Bush and trees, a voice whispered to me offering me sex and challenging that if i no cum, i no pay... i kept walking.

Yes Christian said that you were very rude to him and just walked on........ shame on you !!   lol

( sorry Christian :-)

What foreigners go to Bangkok to have sex with other foreigners anyway? 

adding to the "why not" argument: many of the very members of this board do it all the time when hiring working boys from Laos, Myanmar, Cambodia, Vietnam.... All are foreigners!

Besides, if you are from, say, Europe, you might as well enjoy sex outside the bar and commercial scene with other foreginers from Asian countries such as the above mentioned or Taiwan, or Singapore or Japan or or or..... Which are not in abundant supply in Europe but more so in BKK.

What I'm saying is "foreigner with other foreigner" doesn't imply same ethnicity

What I'm saying is "foreigner with other foreigner" doesn't imply same ethnicity

I give you the that.

But wherever they are or are not from, have the decency to get a room. For locals or foreigners to treat the city's central park as if it was the Garden of Earthy Delights at Babylon displays disrespect for all.

Just found this by chance:

https://jackbangkok.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/the-global-pig-who-makes-bangkok-his-public-piss-playground/

Activities match, but time does not (2017/03/01/the-global-pig-who-makes-bangkok-his-public-piss-playground).

With no piss parties and no kinky bars, the gay kink scene in Bangkok is tiny. So, you wouldn’t think a public piss pig from Germany would have much luck in Bangkok. But Athleticpisspig, as he is known to his 10,000 followers on Xtube, comes to Bangkok every month and has organised countless wet public meetups here over the past three years.

His most recent late afternoon meetup in Lumpini Park, sounded awesome and out there. This is what he told us about what happened…

“We went to an arena in the park and three guys pissed over me on the stage which was screened from obvious view by bushes. Nearby, two couples were playing badminton totally unaware. A guy came on my chest before a security guard on a bicycle seemed to be approaching. We stopped and casually moved to a seating area behind the clock tower. I lay on the ground and this time five guys pissed on my face and in my mouth with two showering me in cum. I was drenched in piss and cum and left the park just like that.”

Some people love piss play, and even more guys love outdoor sex. But combining both is next level.