williewillie

Cha Cha Cha Boyztown

Pricey? Not in my experience.

I usually pay between 109 and 130 for that in the restaurants that I frequent in Pattaya. And that sometimes include rice. In Cha cha cha rice is an extra 20 baht, or maybe it was 25 I don't remember.

I actually think most on Cha cha chas menu was a bit overpriced for thai food but since the food is good and the location is convenient near Boyztown, I still go there sometimes.

159 Baht is the normal price I would pay or something like cashew chicken; and rice is always 20 Baht extra in Thai restaurants that I visit. Nevertheless, I don't see how it could be called pricey?

The fish prices in ChaChaCha are much higher in the 400 Baht range, as I recall, so I don't order that.

you can't compare on just price alone - I get just as confused when people compare 5 star hotels with a 500 Baht guesthouse because both rooms have a bed, toilet and shower

No I compared with similar restaurants in Pattaya that I visit and gave the prices they usually charge for the same dish. And Cha cha cha isn't a luxuary restaurant. It's a hostel with a small restaurant down in the lobby.

This is in Bangkok or Pattaya?  Is it a restaurant with air con or a street stall or street food?

Bangkok. No aircon, but you can call it a restaurant as kitchen and furniture are fixed installation.

Your questions are valid. Need more information than just price to compare.

and Christian does not include the 3.5 Baht 2 hour non-air-con bus trip to get to Ladprao 101 for this culinary delight

you can't compare on just price alone - I get just as confused when people compare 5 star hotels with a 500 Baht  guesthouse because both rooms have a bed, toilet and shower

Non-air-con buses are 6.5 Baht (no fan) or 9 Baht (fan).

But that's all I look for in a hotel: bed, toilet and shower.

They've started to make you fill in a form when ordering food at the table and hand it over to the waitress instead of her writing down what people want for food. A bit weird.

may be they think it's more upscale and sophisticated practice, if that's the case just wait for a price rise

They raised Chicken and cashew from 159 to 169 baht. I guess they have to cover for the paper costs.

still less than I pay in Oasis Surawong, place where I like that dish the most. 

It's sure thing that whenever I will be in Pattaya next time I know where my first meal will be eaten as long as they still will stay in the business