CurtisD

Dispatch from Bangkok

Blessed are those who can call 1350 reasonable meal price for their wallets  will be always full .

Ah but Vinapu, I live in Isaan with my partner.

When we go to Bangkok or Pattaya it is for a holiday during which we both enjoy eating good western food in a nice restaurant which is something we can't do in our home time.

Although I am often tempted we are monogamous (but I have a holiday massage) so the money we are not spending on offs gets spent in nice restaurants

Ah but Vinapu, I live in Isaan with my partner.

When we go to Bangkok or Pattaya it is for a holiday during which we both enjoy eating good western food in a nice restaurant which is something we can't do in our home time.

Although I am often tempted we are monogamous (but I have a holiday massage) so the money we are not spending on offs gets spent in nice restaurants

no need to be defensive, you can spend money way you like and that's none of  our business ,

it's just use of word 'reasonable' which prompted me to comment . Imagine somebody  ( me ?) putting in print " I paid reasonable 4000 for his long time with me" . Crucifixion at the ready for spoiling market for others !   

no need to be defensive, you can spend money way you like and that's none of  our business ,

it's just use of word 'reasonable' which prompted me to comment . Imagine somebody  ( me ?) putting in print " I paid reasonable 4000 for his long time with me" . Crucifixion at the ready for spoiling market for others !   

Sorry, I didn't mean my post to sound defensive, just meant to explain how I spend my holiday money.

How I spend my money doesn't stop me enjoying (and dreaming) about how you spend your holiday cash

I am sure your friend will enjoy a meal at La Table De Tee restaurant in Bangkok.

The food is artfully arranged on the plate, my Thai partner and I always enjoy it and it is reasonably priced at 1350 baht per person.

It is a fixed menu with choices on some courses.

http://www.latabledetee.com/menu.php

Thank you, this looks good. We will investigate!

Outstanding report!  A minor suggestion, perhaps "Bangkok Guy" should be called "Lucky Guy."  You seem a very thoughtful considerate person towards him.  (for Thais "สุภาพ" "su-paap")

If perhaps you're still in BKK I just read a positive review of a dim sum special at Landmark Hotel Sept-Oct. (might possibly be lunch only, I can't remember)

Now to Jupiter......switch to whisky on the rocks as I am beginning to feel waterlogged after three lime juices.

I discovered when bar hopping that taking tea of coffee  where on the menu eases up saturation with all that drinks. When completely full I order drink for mamasan instead of me, that way bar has business , mamasasn is happy and I'm less waterlogged as you neatly described.

I discovered when bar hopping that taking tea of coffee  where on the menu eases up saturation with all that drinks. When completely full I order drink for mamasan instead of me, that way bar has business , mamasasn is happy and I'm less waterlogged as you neatly described.

Vinapu, thanks - it's so obvious. I'm chagrined that I never thought of it. Even drinking nam soda to stay sober causes a huge bloat on an odyssey like this.

BY the way, this is an outstanding report. I love the writing style like a polite travelogue written for a sophisticated audience. I'm delighted you find us worthy of your prose.

Vinapu, thanks - it's so obvious. I'm chagrined that I never thought of it. Even drinking nam soda to stay sober causes a huge bloat on an odyssey like this.

BY the way, this is an outstanding report. I love the writing style like a polite travelogue written for a sophisticated audience. I'm delighted you find us worthy of your prose.

Thanks Paborn, it just seems to write itself this way.

... try one he knows of but has never tried, a warm coconut affair with the consistency of a thick soup or a thin custard, served in a beautiful Thai porcelain compote. It is wonderful. In a less sophisticated establishment I would lick the bowl.

I'm glad I don't have your inhibitions because I would. After all you paid for it.