spoon

Travelling with gogoboy

I know this topic have been discuss before, and i know all the precautions, good and bad of making this decision. However my query is mostly on the finance part. Ultimately it will be discuss with the said boy, but i dont want to make unreasonable proposal too.

I will be travelling to another country, not thailand, with a friend, and there is a high chance that he will have to cut the trip short, thus leaving me alone in the country for at least 4 days alone but also gives me a good opportunity to invite one of the boy to be with me in the country. Ive checked thaivisa and thai nationals doesnt need to apply visa, and i know that the boy have travelled outside before, from his chatting with me and some travel pictures he shares with me before.

Now, for those who have done it before, what is usually the expectation in terms of finance? I take it ill be covering the flight tickets and transportation door to door, and daily tips. On the daily tips, should i pay their normal long time fee plus off fee daily? How about the food? Shopping etc? Will it be all inclusive? I am pretty sure i will need to draw some agreement but im clueless to what is expected lol

Its just an idea that might not even pan out, but i am tempted to make a proposal to the boy and see if he want to make the travel or not, if he doesnt want to, no harm done hehe

Wow, i didnt expect such elaborate responses from both of you, our forum veterans indeed surpasssed my expectations. Indeed my main concern is the financial, i want to first make a proposal that are both enticing but not too over the top too lol. It will also helped me in preparing how much money i should bring. Ive never thought about skin getting darker, that's definitely will be in the book as well. Food might be of less concern for me since i am not a picky eater, and ive seen some of his posts in his social media of the variety of food he ate too. Alone time discussion is also in my mind as well, this will be another thing that will be discussed as well.

I think both of you have covered a lot of grounds already. Now all i need is to make sure my friend is indeed has to cut short the trip and bought his flight ticket before i engage with the boy with my proposal. I dont want to give false hope and then have to cancel it later.

Dining almost always turns out to be the most stressful part of every day every trip,

I learned that long time ago when doing family travels and ever since I don't have any problems of telling my travelling companion , whoever he is / relative , co-worker, friend, Thai boy / that travelling together doesn't mean eating together.

I understand boys may hate farang food and I'd make every effort to accommodate them  by finding them suitable place to eat but if there's nothing I fancy I wold leave them alone to  eat , leave them money to pay for it and find other place for myself.

If they find it rude , so be it but vacation time for me is too precious to spent it in the loo or even worse to fight an allergy / I'm allergic to certain sea foods and not taking any chances/.

On another hand if I'm with boy I make sure I ask him very often if he is hungry or thirsty and don't mind if we need to make food stop even when I'm not in need, I want him to be happy and hungry men whatever age are happy not.

My thanks to Divine Madman and Vinapu. Just clicking Like This did not seem enough!

+1

Please consider adding a new forum dedicated to FAQ about travel  (or something akin to that) that only moderator could post in.

If Scooby deems a post made in another forum worthy of essentially being pinned, he could move it (or link to it) in dedicated forum for quick reference.

Members could still add replies in regular forums. 

Without something like this, great posts like above get forgotten over time. It would serve as a real service to both new and veteran members alike.

Agreed.    Many thanks to DivineMadman & Vinapu for such detailed responses.

Also, as this is on a topic that has surprisingly not been discussed so much here before, the value of the responses is increased significantly.

I have never taken a boy traveling, but have considered it and the most likely scenario would be when I'm traveling to somewhere where it's not as easy to find willing lads on a regular basis.  For example, in the smaller towns in Thailand, Laos, Burma etc. 

Since hotel safes are much less common in some such places, how do/would you handle the security issues ?

On a trip with a boy, the obvious risks are:

1 Hotels with no safe

2  He's there all the time, it's much more difficult to be discrete & only put the stuff in the safe when he's in the bathroom.

With a few electronic devices and 10,000 baht in cash, the safe is where I prefer to keep it.

Most excellent and thorough replies. Thanks.

My learning from experience is similar to DivineMadman’s details with the difference that I compensate on long term basis. I give companion some walking around money, maybe some shopping - once had to buy a pair of bathing trunks for him to go to the beach.

Oh, DivineMadman, the stamina reference...I’m flattered to be listed with the real champs but need lots of recuperation. LOL.

...... the person who is considering such a new adventure.

'adventure" to describe travelling with somebody we don't know or at least we did not travel with previously is very appropriate word.

Travel, even in comfort ,  is somewhat testing and sometimes even relatives and close friends  are showing side we did not know before, for both good and bad. It's why I advise  to set limits and conditions carefully and lower expectations for the sake of world peace.

Even something relatively trivial like waking hours in DivineMadman's example may be source of tension , on another hand having 24 hour  / minus some free time for both of course / company of somebody we like and can cling to at almost any time is heavenly experience. 

I let them know they will be on "my" schedule, so we can do the touristy stuff, 

I'd be careful to assess if boy is really interested in all my sightseeing and if he is not , better not to drag him along as apart from food issues it may be another reason for unhappy face.

I took my Pattaya boy to Muang Boran / Ancient City / in Samut Prakhan giving him previously clear choice of  going or not, he decided to go but after perhaps 2 hours ( site is vast and can consume good part of day ) he become clearly bored and disinterested to a point I was considering sending him home with taxi, which was handy because one we grabbed from street was driving us around the site as well. For the sake of world peace and due to debilitating heat I gave up and we returned to the hotel.

Day or two later he expressed an interest with going with me ,  xiluzer and his friend  to Grand Palace and this time I was firm. When he had enough I just told him I will see him in 2 hrs in a restaurant I pointed to on the site, gave him some feeding money and proceeded to survey the rest of compound  alone.

Bangkok boy in Pattaya , when we went to Ko Larn thought I'm kidding when I told him I want to climb the hill with Buddha foot but again I did not show any mercy leaving him waiting for me in a shade by the temple below with 100 baht for drinks and went my way.

If Spoon's country in question is Cambodia and he would be inclined to , say,  walk around the walls of Angkor Thom  with boy I'd made sure his  driver  is following them in a distance or even better waiting at every next gate ( there are only  5  in full circle )

I have never taken a boy traveling, but have considered it and the most likely scenario would be when I'm traveling to somewhere where it's not as easy to find willing lads on a regular basis.  For example, in the smaller towns in Thailand, Laos, Burma etc. 

Since hotel safes are much less common in some such places, how do/would you handle the security issues ?

On a trip with a boy, the obvious risks are:

1 Hotels with no safe

2  He's there all the time, it's much more difficult to be discrete & only put the stuff in the safe when he's in the bathroom.

With a few electronic devices and 10,000 baht in cash, the safe is where I prefer to keep it.

very valid question and one of those cases of ' however you turn , your ass is always behind" . 

We don't want to hurt boy's feeling by showing we lock all in sight  but like to keep our possessions safe and intact as well.

This is where trust in human decency and belief in humanity  comes handy and one needs to take a plunge. 

In my case of Pattaya boy  it was tested right away,  safe in my room at  Nantra did not work. I just play along, keeping money where it was / some in my  garments , rest in my luggage / and not a penny was missing even if apart from him I had 2 other boys there on different nights. 

My advice will be to travel with boy at least known from previous engagement, hopefully more than one ( I offed both my travelling boys long time more than once before I took them with me ) and boy should be from massage or bar so at least there's some place we can go and complain, not that it helps.

And do not lead him into temptation by placing stack of 1000 baht notes in front of TV although I think showing a bit of trust boosts boy's morale big time. 

From time to time I give agreed tip  in advance or show him few notes under the Hong Thong bottle saying  ' this is your tip for the morning' and those antics never were detrimental to a service performed.

To test boy's reliability if in doubt I use 'change test" by sending him to 7/11 to buy toothbrush or 2 beers with 100 baht note. If upon return he hands change promptly I know I'm in good hands. If he doesn't , just in case,  I sent him to the shower and in meantime remove some money from my pockets to the safe. Another off will be doubtful and breakfast invitation is  rather out of question. 

I have to chime in. The two elaborate and complete responses to Spoon blew me away. I can't imagine anywhere else you could get such a complete and honest response about something so personal to the person who is considering such a new adventure.

My thanks to Divine Madman and Vinapu. Just clicking Like This did not seem enough!

I would like to echo again my appreciation to both of them! Wish i can like these posts multiple time daily haha. Its an in depth guide worthy of an article in many travel gay magazines :)

I would like to echo again my appreciation to both of them! Wish i can like these posts multiple time daily haha. Its an in depth guide worthy of an article in many travel gay magazines :)

good luck with your adventure, if you can arrange that way, go for it but first make sure boy in question is interested in

Good luck Spoon.

Just be aware of one danger - I took a guy from Hua Hin for four nights in Pattaya (for the British members taking coals to Newcastle springs to mind) with initially no inclination it would be for longer. Now we have been together ten years in January and for the last five years we have been living in Thailand

(And I wouldn't change it, he has turned out to be the most wonderful guy imaginable)

Good luck Spoon.

Just be aware of one danger - I took a guy from Hua Hin for four nights in Pattaya (for the British members taking coals to Newcastle springs to mind) with initially no inclination it would be for longer. Now we have been together ten years in January and for the last five years we have been living in Thailand

(And I wouldn't change it, he has turned out to be the most wonderful guy imaginable)

Thanks! I am having cold feet as well lol not because of what u say though. Itll be my first time travelling with a boy if it does happens. Still waiting for my friend to buy his ticket before i make my move though.

In case anyone misses it. We have a new Forum Gay Thailand Travel inspired by the responses to Spoon about traveling with a GoGo Boy from Vinapu and Divine Madman.   If anyone things there is a better name for this Forum. Let me know.

There may be a better name but at least this is a start.

Go back to yesterday and read the post by Reader.  He suggested and others agree there should be a place as a separate Forum where that type of information won't be lost as more and more posts are made in the Main Forum.

The problem is the name may not be quite right. I think the goal is to save this kind of specialized responses of information and for it to be easy to find .  

We can rename it as the forum with specialized info on going on trips with boys or make it slightly broader . What we don't want is to be a garbage dump for too many things .

Send pm's to me and I'll consider it.  Possibly lock the Forum and then if enough members feel a thread is worth saving send me a pm. And we'll go from there.

Or we can just change the name to traveling with Boys and only allow those posts.

HELP!

I have on several occasions taken a boy I spent time with in Pattaya back up to Bangkok for a few days before ensuring within the deal he has sufficient for the bus back to Pattaya,  or twice before I have spent a few nights in Bangkok having previously agreed to meet a boy from Pattaya in Bangkok the evening before then heading back to the airport for a flight down to Phuket for a faboulos weeks holiday with a friend previously met in Pattaya.

I think the key is being relay honest and on on the deal so I will pay you £X per day, agree if the bar fine is additional and travel if not with you and exactly what we do. You clearly need to have trust in the boy from previous meetings, and be sure your happy to spend a bit of time together. on one trip with a boy from Pattaya to that I met in Bangkok before we flew down to Phucket and spent a great week at Club one Severn I couldn't fault anything, he small hotel ensured that my guest was made just as welcome as me, but you need to be clear with the boy before and have trust.

Personally as well as good company you have met before, I delight in seeing the boy enjoy the experience be it a first flight, swimming in the coral of Phuket V near Pattaya, the trust of being able to come and go to a nice hotel room or even my favorite restaurants in Bangkok - it all jut adds to it!

I would suggest  also being fair and try to get rid of the idea you as the person paying "is in charge" a trick I have learnt as I love a nice evening meal is to agree with the boy we take turns to decide on choice of restaurant for dinner, I find they love that, don't rip you off but feel it is more of an open "holiday" where they have a say - so works for me!

Enjoy.... 

I would suggest  also being fair and try to get rid of the idea you as the person paying "is in charge" a trick I have learnt as I love a nice evening meal is to agree with the boy we take turns to decide on choice of restaurant for dinner, I find they love that, don't rip you off but feel it is more of an open "holiday" where they have a say - so works for me!

Enjoy.... 

not necessarily related to travelling only but I noticed while ago that if helps to raise boy self-esteem when not only he chooses place but also pays for a meal.

So sometimes  when dining or shopping I make him paying , of course previously making sure I gave him money for that when I stitch ploy together.

Yes , they also leave a tip for server and yes again , they usually give me back money left over from that ploy.  

I have on several occasions taken a boy to long vacation too once there was good chemistry between us.Some of the boys are very exited to make flights to other places they have never been,stay at good hotels and make tourist activities which they can't afford to do by themselves ofcourse and from my side I have a lovely young boy as company on long term basis.I really liked the 'boyfriend' situation.Surprisingly the boys I took was very grateful and enjoyed it very much ,the daily fee they asked was very reasonable indeed.