spoon

Travelling with gogoboy

.....Some of the boys are very exited to make flights to other places they have never been,stay at good hotels and make tourist activities which they can't afford to do by themselves.....

This is area we need to thread carefully. While some boys will enjoy flashy places to stay and to eat fully knowing that without us they wouldn't be able to afford such indulgence and impress their friends with facebook pictures, others may consider  such spending wasteful.

I had in the past  few comments that we could easily have the same meal here and there for 200 less or , at Sanctuary of Truth that if he knew how much admission was he would be happy to wait for me outside for  half of ticket price.

Another thing to consider is that in flashier places they may feel out of place or even singled out as moneyboys. Never crossed my mind until visiting friend staying in D'Varee Bally Silom, not exactly Oriental , not even Hilton, just to see how room looks like and boy I was with opted to wait in the lobby because he did not want people waiting for  elevator to know he is bar boy -  his eye-opening exact words.

I completely agree with thoughts from Vinapu as really important in a several day break that your "friend" tries to move away from the clear money boy idea and becomes just that "your friend" for the duration of the holiday,  all be it clearly and underlying commercial arrangement (which must be agreed at the outset) but better to try and remove that day to day other than sticking to the broad deal you made prior to travel. 

I think easiest within reason to also try in your own mind to remove the "commercial" aspect and regard it as you suddenly finding probably a much younger nice friend to enjoy your holiday with!  so remove the money aspect, as Vinapu suggests on the paying for a meal, or in the same way I have found with rounds of drinks, take turns with your friend to decide "which restaurant tonight" (from experience they will really try and impress if an area they know but either way I have never been ripped off!) or say in the case of Phuket - "which beach today ...?"  I think it is nice when my friend advises "but today is my turn so we go Paradise Beach!!!" which I also loved! I enjoy a game of pool, most Thai boys love it so be fair, agree a few games early evening - a few boys in Pattaya have persuaded be to go a few miles on motorbike taxis to a brilliant pool bar slightly out of town for a few games and very cheap beers, then an excellent Thia restaurant in a garden - and they love making me aware how much better and cheaper it is is then Central/South pattaya - so makes them feel vaued, helped you and "taken care..." of you!

With regard to the last post do be aware that you could cause embarrassment taking a boy in the the highest level of hotel and they understandably don't like the potentially negative  stigma from other guests - so I tend to favour the more "gay friendly places" Baan Souy in Pattaya,  I have never had any issue at the Hilton roof bar which any boy tends to love for a cocktail & the view or my favorite bar by the boxing ring a Pattaya garden (obviously the other end of the scale!)  and the Raya in Bangkok - both Baan Souy and the Raya (along with Club Severn in Puckett) make your friend feel like a guest with ownership rather than someone you have just pulled in!  

I really think to enjoy a vacation with your boy is as much a change in our own mind and thought pattern to accommodate what works for him whilst obviously agreeing a broad deal in advance

Yes I agree once traveling with a boy I do prefer to take gay friendly hotels ,However it happened to me in the past that I stayed at regular hotels with no issues at all . I always took boys that assured me that they're openly gay and never faced any issue with their public behaviour with me some of them even wanted more serious relationship ,this is one of the problems with taking a boy to a long vacation with you they may develop feelings and/or unrealistic expectations from you.

,this is one of the problems with taking a boy to a long vacation with you they may develop feelings and/or unrealistic expectations from you.

very good point and it brings to mind Gaybutton favorite phrase "if you want love in Thailand, rent it "

I know a thing about unrealistic expectations, did not finish well for both sides, boy upset and me bitter.

On 9/7/2018 at 7:10 PM, spoon said:

Just an update. My friend finally booked his early return ticket and i finally summon some gut to ask the boy. Its a bit last minute too, so i am asking a bit too much from the boy, and sad to say the boy isn't available to travel. He said busy with gym trainer. I take that to mean he either work as personal trainer, or have gym training preparation for competition, or simply dont want to go. I didnt even manage to spell out any finance part yet lol. Owh well. No harm done. I said i wish he could come but training is also important, and I did give hint that if he change his mind, he can let me know, with no high expectations that he will. At least i can stop wondering now, and maybe make another try another trip in the future.

At the very least, ive learned a lot about the art of travelling with the boys from the sifus here! Maybe i should start planning on finding boys when im there later lol

Just want to update on my quest about travelling with this guy. We still keep in touch from time to time. It has always been brief, limited to saying hi and wishes on pubmic holiday. The most recent one was on early april. My friends who came to malaysia for a visit had just gone back, and as i was going through IG, he updated his ig (which is rare, the last post was january) and got me thinking of him again lol so i initiate the chat, without any hope of a reply since my last text was january as well.

Anyway, he replied my text and i asked how are you, and he said good, and i said i miss u, wish i can bring u here to my place. He reconfirm my country and i said yes and i express i want to take holiday beforr fasting month. He said its songkran in thailand and i asked if he goes back home, he said maybe. I took that as an opening, so i ask if he wants to come here, and said ill pay (of course i will). He ask go Malaysia? I said yeah. And he said "just having free time can go." And i said let me know when you are free. And he said ok. 

Few days have passed, and as i read his reply again, i noticed i couldve misunderstand him. Did he meant to say he is just now havung free time and can go, or did he meant what i think he meant before, he need to find when he has free time and he will let me know. Anyway, i dont want to push too much, so i just sent a Happy songkran text on songkran. And he says thankyou with wai. Then another text a week later, just asking if he go and have water fight in silom during songkran or not (i had just watched bangkok love stories songkran episode) and he said nope, he just stay in room. 

And guess what. Earlier this week, he texted me, asking me if im working and i said yes, and asked if he is also working, he said yes. I finally ask again when he is free to travel. And he said next week he can travel!! I propose a date, and asked how long he can come, and bought his ticket! Itll be a first time ill be "travelling with gogoboy"! Well technically, he is travelling, not me. And technically, he no longer works as gogo boy lol but ill take this as a win haha. Cant wait until the day come. Ive reread both divinemadmen and vinapu advise here. Ive yet to discuss money with the boy though, but he told me before when he come here and how much the previous customer pay him, which i find reasonable, so thatll be my benchmark hehe. 

On 4/26/2019 at 6:29 PM, vinapu said:

good luck and hope you both have fun

Thanks sifu! I did had a great time indeed.

On 4/27/2019 at 12:28 AM, ggobkk said:

Best wishes and your update is much appreciated

Thanks ggobkk! Cant find time to go to bkk yet but its good that i can take a piece of bkk here instead.

Glad you enjoyed your time with this boy !

If there is a good chemistry between you two it can be really enjoyable experience you are getting a stady companion without the hassle to find boys every night and a kind of 'boyfreind' with you. For the boy it's a vacation with nice hotels, relaxation, sightseeing , flights and other fun activities, certainly a great escape from the hassle of his bar.

4 hours ago, Boy69 said:

Glad you enjoyed your time with this boy !

If there is a good chemistry between you two it can be really enjoyable experience you are getting a stady companion without the hassle to find boys every night and a kind of 'boyfreind' with you. For the boy it's a vacation with nice hotels, relaxation, sightseeing , flights and other fun activities, certainly a great escape from the hassle of his bar.

Yup. And seems like he is open for another trip too lol. For now, back to working for both of us. Btw, he already quit working in the bar and have a day job, and seems to be only meeting his regular customers from time to time. Definitely feel like having a BF experience with him.